Page 2 of 224 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Yes, but if the thread is based off of votes and explanations why they voted and what makes theirs the best, votes can actually be counted or revoked that way.

Ravona <3

Agreed.
    But, I think the best thing to do would have been to turn in the signatures to one person, and then when voting time had come, keep them anonymous....

Somewhat agreed. If we put up a poll, we'll have those lazy people that vote and say I'll explain when I'm not busy or not lazy, and never get around to it, and some people plainly have no lives and make multiple accounts just to get more votes, yes I've seen it happen.

Ravona <3

Well, then we could just make it so that people with, lets say, 10 posts or more can vote. That isn't too many posts ( at all, actually), but too many for a person to make another account, post, and vote.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    There's no time for a forum vote.

This happens once a week, and if the votes carried over the week, then the person who submitted their image first would have an advantage.

If we made Sunday each week voting day, we'd barely get any votes in.

It has to be a staff vote.

And no - I won't vote for myself.

I was thinking we'd equally have a few days to submit and then a few days to vote. Didn't think we'd try to cram voting in one single day.

Ravona <3

I really like palmereap's sig.

I don't understand how adding your username is a good indication of proof. Admittingly, sig related stuff isn't my forte, but what's stopping a person from just cropping out someone's name and typing their own in its place? Theoretically, couldn't I go to another forum, take someone's sig, photoshop it a bit, and claim it as my own? It doesn't strike me as a reliable safeguard against stealing.

Err, I should add that I'm not accusing anyone or that I believe anyone here would cheat, it's just something I was curious about and wanted to bring up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kou View Post
    I don't understand how adding your username is a good indication of proof. Admittingly, sig related stuff isn't my forte, but what's stopping a person from just cropping out someone's name and typing their own in its place? Theoretically, couldn't I go to another forum, take someone's sig, photoshop it a bit, and claim it as my own? It doesn't strike me as a reliable safeguard against stealing.

Err, I should add that I'm not accusing anyone or that I believe anyone here would cheat, it's just something I was curious about and wanted to bring up.
    That's the beauty of PSD files, which are the files that show your layers, what you did, and such.

Ravona <3

The thing is, not too many people use PSD's, and if they do, they probably aren't going to keep them forever. I just like having the one png. file, and thats it.