Page 124 of 224 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2234
    Veleon, I like you already. <3

I actually discussed that sig with some other people. I had a version of it that darkened it up with a red black gradient map. People seemed to prefer it without it. As it is now it's got a black white one on it at 60% soft light.

EDIT* I tried the 15% black white gradient map and it dulls colors. I prefer to not use gradient maps at all in my signatures. I happen to like it brighter.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka" -Me

thank u veleon and wolverine for the comments. the bg is a meteor crashing into a planet i found. I just smudged it at 12% rate and then did a bunch of clipping masks and splatters of white and black.

I did try to do something a lil different this time, i hope it shows. On the topic of sharing, if anyone else uses gimp on this site I will be more than happy to offer pointers in using it.

What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own.

Lost in fathomed infinity Freakshow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Freakshow: Nice work with the text in your name I like that effect. You do it through blending option? Also I had to tilt me head to the left to see who was in the sword reflection
    Haha.. Yes... Same with the reflection. Lol XD

Yours always look so clean and neat! This time, aside from my eyes crossing each other as I struggle to "See" both roll at the same time.. it still looks awesome XD

@Veleon: Thats kwool, each to their own. Do you sharpen the image on the final image apply once your finished?

@ChukoLiang: I still like it, clean and effortless to look at.

@Freakshow: Since 'The Joker' made a comment to me that 'everything in the sig is important' I've been able to get rid of a few wasted layers that don't bring anthing to the sig.

The two rolling together, should be at the same time but I think there is a 0.2 second delay in them and one starts to roll quicker than the other.

It was a total accident the rolling sig, as I was looking to shrink an image into the sig and could not get it all in without it looking silly, hence the roll.

It can be done more like this one I did as an experiment:

Looking back at it I should have added each characters name once it stops

I would depend on the signature whether I sharpen it or not at the end. I always try it to see what it would look like though. In the case of the Kamina one it ended up looking too jaggedy (for lack of a better term). The softness that came with it as is looked better in my eyes.

However in the sig I had before this one (The World Ends With You) I sharpened Neku's hand to help the depth.

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka" -Me

Veteran Member
    I really like the entries this contest. Somehow, they are different than usually
    Before I forget saying this, I changed the petals a bit on my sig.

Tried something a bit different for this contest ^^, although...curse you, Mangashare and your light coloured skin! :<
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

Ravona, I really like your entry this week. And Erynsim, yeah they do seem to be different this week don't they?

*post number 1000*

Special Announcement:
    Starting with this week's contest (SOTW #38) the first place winner gets a...
    BLINGING CUSTOM TITLE!
    Yes the title blinks, and will read "SOTW #<#> Winner". The title expires after a week and cannot be customized (IE no, I will not give you "Captain Underpants" in blinking blue no matter how much you want it).

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!