Page 178 of 224 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2234
    My bad.
    I thought it was ok as long as the file size doesn't exceed 97 kb.
    Well I changed it.
    Ava & Sig created by Max
    v Credits to IIDX v
    Spoiler!

SotW #61 has been closed, so now would be a great moment to vote! ^^
    Please send your votes to Ravona or ImotoChan.

If you're unsure about how to vote, read any open submission thread or PM one of us.
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

I always end up forgeting to vote or remember at the wrong times. Anyways congrats ChukoLiang! That's a very nice sig! Your skills in making signature improves in light speed!

Thanks Bushidodude for the sig and avatar!

Click to join!

Spoiler!

SotW #62 deadline extended to the 24th of July.

With that in mind, it can't have escaped your notice that interest in the SotW has been declining recently. So I'd like some feedback from participants and potential participants about ways that we can improve the SotW and encourage more people to give it a try.

Just so you know, we can't give out flashing usertitles (Admin powahs needed) or custom name colours (We just can't).
    Last edited by Ravona; 07-20-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

Well, I get a lot of request as I guess you lot do also for help from members who want to start making their own sig.

If you can somehow get them to participate in the SOTW, that will certainly increase the number of entries.

Might I suggest you both, or anyone for that matter, writing tutorials and posting them here. If they at least have something to work with they might feel more confident about their own designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravona View Post
    Just so you know, we can't give out flashing usertitles (Admin powahs needed) or custom name colours (We just can't).
    Maybe a badge of honor will help motivate people to enter, something like this:

Either Ravona or Imoto could keep the psd or xcf file and just change the name and color every week for the next winner and give it to them in a PM. The winning of something might motivate people to enter. Plus people wearing winner badges will be advertising it to the rest on this forum board.

But on that note, I think the process should be flip-flopped. People who want to enter should PM the sig to either Rav or Imoto and then they can enter all of the sigs at once while people vote for their favorite in that threat by posting. The reason I say this is if someone sees an awesome sig already entered, they might not enter their own if they think it stands no chance of winning.

This is just my opinion though.

What is uttered from the heart alone, will win the hearts of others to your own.

Quote Originally Posted by DFX View Post
    Might I suggest you both, or anyone for that matter, writing tutorials and posting them here. If they at least have something to work with they might feel more confident about their own designs.
    This might help actually. I was privileged enough to have been taught how to make sigs, and started entering when sensei made me. (I am in your debt, sensei.)

However, there are lots of tuts hanging around in places like DeviantArt, or you could possibly even Google tuts. (Oh, yes you can!)

Quote Originally Posted by ChukoLiang View Post
    Maybe a badge of honor will help motivate people to enter, something like this:

Either Ravona or Imoto could keep the psd or xcf file and just change the name and color every week for the next winner and give it to them in a PM. The winning of something might motivate people to enter. Plus people wearing winner badges will be advertising it to the rest on this forum board.
    We had one in the works a long, long time ago, but we worried on its significance as we have a limit to the number of images we can showcase in our sig spaces, and winners might opt not to include the badge, thus rendering the badge useless, so we never really proceeded. We put up a Hall of Fame as a way to motivate people (and to look at all of them pretty sigs), but I guess that didn't work very well.

Quote Originally Posted by ChukoLiang View Post
    But on that note, I think the process should be flip-flopped. People who want to enter should PM the sig to either Rav or Imoto and then they can enter all of the sigs at once while people vote for their favorite in that threat by posting. The reason I say this is if someone sees an awesome sig already entered, they might not enter their own if they think it stands no chance of winning.
    Makes sense, it's a pretty good idea. Not too keen on people voting by posting for a similar reason that Chuko has stated: people might vote differently publicly than privately. But perhaps we could work on this.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post
    Makes sense, it's a pretty good idea. Not too keen on people voting by posting for a similar reason that Chuko has stated: people might vote differently publicly than privately. But perhaps we could work on this.

What do you guys think?
    makes sense to me too

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Quote Originally Posted by ImotoChan View Post

What do you guys think?
    I agree with it too

Fighting online is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded

Set made by Ravona