Page 15 of 224 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 115 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artcore View Post
    Rant warning (Also some language)
    gee, well Im sorry youre being a sore loser. theres actually a hell of alot more to that than just a single C4D and text. Sharpening, blurring, color editing, lighting, pen tool, etc. So if you wanna go and whine, then fine. We'll be here when youre done crying.

Yes, Im being a little harsh but you bashing my sig saying that it shouldve lost and that yours was waayy better is a bitchy load of bullshit too.
    Rant ended
    Did I once compare my own works to yours? If I really wanted to target you, I would've pointed out the difference between something an actual talented GFXer could do compared to you. Sharpen, blurring, color changes are all built in features of Photoshop that require nothing more than a click of the mouse, no creativity required. Did I once mention that your signature was also bad? You put those words in my mouth, but now that you've said it, yes, it was bad. If I wanted to be a sore loser about it, I would've complained every time I entered, and not the times I didn't. Look back on the thread before acknowledging this again. And since you put words in my mouth again, yes, you should have lost, and yes, mine was much better. It doesn't take a moron to realize that.

Ravona <3

Art is not about not just about what you are capable of doing, but what you do and how creative it is. There are many people who can draw certain picasso paintings, but he thought of them first.

Also you bitching about who should have won and who shouldn't is definitely not going to sway the judges. It certainly doesn't help when you say that your's should have won, something very egostical to say.

Art is subjective, these judges decided that they liked that sig better than your's. That is their opinion, which can not be wrong for the fact that it is an opinion.

That was already discussed and dismissed.

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Technically it is a voting system, but its not open on the forums, each sunday night we meet up in an IRC channel and each choose 3 options weighted differently.

On the other point - Shukaku - That's just pathetic.

Fact of the matter is, several of the voters have no experience in GFX at all, which is for good reason - Signatures should be chosen not because of how much work has gone into them, but by whether or not they look nice.

Shukaku - You share an opinion of alot of people who press a few buttons on Photoshop and consider themselves graphicists. Its not about how much fancy shit you do, its about the end product, and if you can do that in 3 steps then you should get a medal.

Now - Claiming that the image is just stock is a useless argument unless you drew the character in your sig yourself.

Lastly - Shukaku, I'm sorry you're dissapointed that yours did not win - But in the opinion of the voters (including me) Artcore's was better.

Last edit: We don't vote for people we know or like - Hell, I've never spoken to Artcore, and I doubt anyone else on IRC has either. You've been around longer, if we voted for people we knew, me, whitebeard, mr Death etc would get the votes every time.
    Last edited by NPG; 02-19-2008 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijkLOL View Post
    So who are the judges?
    It's a group of common IRCers but the people who vote each week are different as not everybody can be bothered to vote at the time. Despite this, we do not replace our absent voters with hobos off the street so you can rest assured that the voting process is a valid one.

Ravona

Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

Possible Cleaner for hire Artcore's Avatar
    Texas, making other states jealous since 1845
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shukaku] View Post
    Did I once compare my own works to yours? If I really wanted to target you, I would've pointed out the difference between something an actual talented GFXer could do compared to you. Sharpen, blurring, color changes are all built in features of Photoshop that require nothing more than a click of the mouse, no creativity required. Did I once mention that your signature was also bad? You put those words in my mouth, but now that you've said it, yes, it was bad. If I wanted to be a sore loser about it, I would've complained every time I entered, and not the times I didn't. Look back on the thread before acknowledging this again. And since you put words in my mouth again, yes, you should have lost, and yes, mine was much better. It doesn't take a moron to realize that.
    Implied points can be very strong. As it says in your own sig, read between the lines

OK, enough drama. done now. so, uh, i got a tablet on sunday the new bamboo is only $70, so i went and picked one up, its sweet, I love it.

SotW Record:
    1st: 1 - 2nd: 1 - 3rd: 2
    Entries: 5

May I suggest for future SoTW that the person also post the link to the original render/stock used? I say this because I have fun watching the before and after results. Coincidentally, I think it fits somewhere in this conversation/argument but I won't bother addressing it because I didn't bother reading it all. In any case, congrats Artcore, being bias I wished I would have won (name one time someone posts their sig without the intent to win lol, unless they just do it for the fun of it, then again this is fun for everyone. damn I just contradicted myself, oh well), but yours was better this week, good game.

Also another small suggestion, but how about more themes, since it is entering the long period of no holidays, (surprised there was no valentines day theme lol) we can't necessarily have holiday themes (unless we have an easter theme lol), just throwing it out there.
    Last edited by [Cross]; 02-20-2008 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    It's a group of common IRCers but the people who vote each week are different as not everybody can be bothered to vote at the time. Despite this, we do not replace our absent voters with hobos off the street so you can rest assured that the voting process is a valid one.
    I see...because I was thinking that if the group of "judges" was just a few biased people, I wouldn't even bother trying to enter the contest.