Page 14 of 224 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast
    Possible Cleaner for hire Artcore's Avatar
    Texas, making other states jealous since 1845
    Meh, Id rather keep it weekly. bi-weekly wont attract that many extra entries, forum advertising will

SotW Record:
    1st: 1 - 2nd: 1 - 3rd: 2
    Entries: 5

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijkLOL View Post
    What if I submit these kinds of sigs?
    It's exactly within the allowed amount - Any taller and you wouldn't be allowed to enter though.

600x300 is the maximum size allowed. You can use whatever you want within that.

My return~ish.
    First sig since last time I entered.
    Also first sig of 2008.
    Had 5 other versions, this was my favorite though.

Ravona <3

Queen Most
    Likely To Be King
    Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghijkLOL View Post
    Did it get extended or something?
    Yep!

vs.

Just wanted to point out that the stock is beautiful, yes, but that can't be the reason of vote, as you can see, there has been barely any change added, a C4D on low opacity and text slapped onto it. When I suggested a SotW section, I thought it would be interesting, but please, for the love of GFX, get some real judges on the panel at least. Ones that vote for things or people they like, versus skill and actual GFX. No wonder the entries have dropped by so much. I'm considering and very likely to stop entering these until there is some logic.

Ravona <3

The judges have no way of telling what the stock looks like before and after the entry. For all they could tell there was a lot of clean up there.

I do get what your saying though, when you take a crappy stock and make it look really good does take more talent, but there is no way of telling that.

There is also more to the sig than a good looking stock. Position of the stock, how it is cropped, clarity of the background, and how the stock blends in with the background are all very valid points.

I do not know whether or not the judges use these points, but I'm sure that they have some that are not based on what the stock looks like.

Possible Cleaner for hire Artcore's Avatar
    Texas, making other states jealous since 1845
    Quote Originally Posted by [Shukaku] View Post

vs.

Just wanted to point out that the stock is beautiful, yes, but that can't be the reason of vote, as you can see, there has been barely any change added, a C4D on low opacity and text slapped onto it. When I suggested a SotW section, I thought it would be interesting, but please, for the love of GFX, get some real judges on the panel at least. Ones that vote for things or people they like, versus skill and actual GFX. No wonder the entries have dropped by so much. I'm considering and very likely to stop entering these until there is some logic.
    Rant warning (Also some language)
    gee, well Im sorry youre being a sore loser. theres actually a hell of alot more to that than just a single C4D and text. Sharpening, blurring, color editing, lighting, pen tool, etc. So if you wanna go and whine, then fine. We'll be here when youre done crying.

Yes, Im being a little harsh but you bashing my sig saying that it shouldve lost and that yours was waayy better is a bitchy load of bullshit too.
    Rant ended

SotW Record:
    1st: 1 - 2nd: 1 - 3rd: 2
    Entries: 5