Page 123 of 224 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 125 133 173 223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2234
    congrats guys

"I couldn't care less; I love Asuka" -Me

Well done to everyone who entered, I am glad that Ravona and [Cross] got 1st and 2nd as it would have been harsh if Ravona did not get the SOTY after her excellent contributions to the SOTW completion and also [Cross] for his fair share of sigs this past year.

On a more personal note to all that enter the SOTW competitions, I feel everyone has been improving but........ we all seem to have collectively hit a wall and I feel we are not pushing each other to make better stuff.

I just think that we need to swap techniques with one another more often, so I have said it before in the sig thread and I'll say it here, if anyone wants any of my pdf files for any sig to see how I made it let me know and I'll be happy to post a link to it. You never know you might learn something.... or not

Felicidades a los ganadores ^_^

I feel that a lot of people will have problems sharing their work. This is a contest after all. People are trying to get some recognition, other wise they wouldn't enter. With that being said, I am also willing to share my resources.

What I would like to see is more of you guys move out of your comfort zone (which probably includes me also, although I do try not to have the same style of signature every time). I could tell which sigs are whos without even seeing the name.

I don't mind sharing some of my resources. Although I'm not so sure about sharing my .psd files, so if you want to know how I did X or Y just ask me.

Trying new things isn't a bad idea, but ultimately you should just aim to make something you like rather than delibrately trying to make something different.
    "Damn it, you can't euthanize people with minty fresh breath!"

If doing sigs and requests are just for fun, then I think there is no problem sharing. But if they are for business, obviously share = $$$, or semi-share. Although, the SOTW contests have no prizes, so they are merely ego launchers =)

Im very interested on learning, just for know more.

Just find some tutorials online with an outcome you like. Then do them. You should learn how to get certain things to look certain ways, how to add depth and flow, what tools are for what effects, etc.

You won't get better by us telling you what to do. You need to fool around in photoshop for long periods of time with a goal your reaching toward.

I would post some of the sites that helped me alot, but I don't know the rules for posting links to other sites off the top of my head.

I agree with you Veleon, in that when you look at a sig you know who it belongs to right away, but to be honest I have tried different things, look at the Sig Thread.

I have tried to make sigs that I have not posted similar to Ravona, [Cross], the joker, yourself, mike, freak, and a few others, and I will say it has helped me learn new things.

The on-line tutorials are also a great suggestion, as the so called 'elite' sig makers all probably started by doing that.

I am not asking anyone to tell me their trade secrets, I can probably get the technique after a few minutes surfing on the net. I myself just see it as if a good number of people can get up to my level it will encourage me to climb higher..... you get what I'm saying?

I agree with Ravona that making something you like than different is best, but you might end up liking something new if you try it? maybe! Also the pdf. are a personal choice I know how much time it taken up on a few sigs and if one wants to know how a certain thing it done they can ask rather than get the pdf. in some cases this is probably best as the layers do not show what filters where used.

Nice sig Chuko.

EDIT*

You know, this was my first go at a signature for this contest

Kinda glad I went with making another one. The same render on two signatures wouldn't have turned out well.
    Last edited by Veleon; 01-08-2009 at 06:29 AM.

Veleon, nice entry for SOTW. The sig just looks a little to bright, maybe a black and white gradient map at 15% opacity will help give it a smooth finish.

ChukoLiang: like it a lot, have you used the background before? reminds me of a Super Nova

Freakshow: Nice work with the text in your name I like that effect. You do it through blending option? Also I had to tilt me head to the left to see who was in the sword reflection