Knight Run ~ Kim Sung Min

From Manga Fox: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/knight_run/

Summary:

Space Era Year 430. Mankind is at war with monsters of unknown origin. Throughout the front lines, mankind's forces are pushed back by the one-digit Type monsters, whose shields are impenetrable by conventional means. To deal with this, mankind creates the AB swords, which can cut through anything with ease. Only those with great potentials are able to wield these weapons. Instead of simply being called "Elite Units", they are given another name, one thats reflects their similarities with popular medieval figures. They are "Knights".

Webtoon from Naver
    Naver: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/list....97&weekday=sat

Please address this work as manhwa. (Korean word for manga.)

Genre(s): Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Mecha, Sci-fi, Seinen, Shounen, Webtoons

This is one of the best webtoons I have ever read, it's quite strange that no one even posted this yet ;P (unless they did, then sorry... at least I didn't find it here). This is more likely a Shounen, even though body parts fly like leafs on wind and people are reaped apart like a toilet paper, there aren't any excessive scenes and the blood's amount is reduced. What to say more ? Do you like sword fighting, mechanical giant robots, space wars and monster hunting ? If yes, then this is for you.

Looks pretty cool haven't read a scifi work in a while. Manwah's are usually real good too, yeah not to many of them are posted here.

CHAPTER 24

Man, the previous group that was translating it, said that Morglay was only used by monsters and that was wrong... meh at least here it's corrected and confirmed to be made by humans... still, they are extremely advanced to create weapons capable of ignoring laws of nature, but it's side effects are indeed devastating.

At this point, saying that Pray is the new mother shouldn't surprise anyone (unless she turns out to not have become one;P), you can see the new strategy of the monsters attack in her fighting style. They got a hold of the main compute and seemingly the thing that was making the swords, with means that monsters have access to new prototype technology, knights techniques, warp technology, information about their bases and probably more. It doesn't look like humans have much a chance at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post

This is one of the best webtoons I have ever read, it's quite strange that no one even posted this yet ;P (unless they did, then sorry... at least I didn't find it here). This is more likely a Shounen, even though body parts fly like leafs on wind and people are reaped apart like a toilet paper, there aren't any excessive scenes and the blood's amount is reduced. What to say more ? Do you like sword fighting, mechanical giant robots, space wars and monster hunting ? If yes, then this is for you.

Actually see this as just crossing the border to seinen, especially for the few surprises they have coming in the future, that will really push the envelope into Seinen territory.

Was gonna post this series here but was waiting for more chapters and it seemed really slow and uncertain at releases.

Looks like they started making up for lost time:

Chapters 25 __ 27 now released on mangareader.

.... So Pray seems ... awfully psycho.
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

CHAPTER 30

It's confirmed, wasn't hard to guess so no surprises here, though I didn't think that she would still have a normal human form like that.

Looks like the real story is about to start .

CHAPTER 33

Humans as knights and Robots as gunners, well it actually makes more sense than the other way around, as it is in half of the Sci-fi worlds.

Pray is much older than Anne and was the one who originally fulfilled the parental role, interesting. The radiation, bad atmosphere, or something else must have stopped her growth, but it was Anne's backing her always up, that stopped her mental growth.

Now released up to Chapters 34 - 47.

Wow seems more and more like Shingeki No Kyojin in that if the human race isn't as screwed as they seem, then there's gonna be very little actual people left to rebuild humanity. gotta say not really understanding every1's almost blind loyalty to Anne right now?
    There are more things in heaven and earth then is dreamt of in your philosophy

^ Sick devotion, love and a simply need of hope in the ocean of despair... this pretty much sums it up. For the same reason they called their ground specials soldiers "Knights" and not simply soldiers or special squad. People are simply unable to live, or to even properly die, without hope.

It was awhile since I posted, CHAPTER 51 is up. The confrontation time is coming close, but we will probably get some more flashbacks of Anne, Pray, Millo and Fione.

There are times I wish that scanlators used scans from the books (which have greatly upped up and more detailed art), because some scenes in the webtoon itself are really amazing, just mere thought how much more awesome it looks in the books is...

I also hope that someone will scanlate other parts of the story (there are like 3 other parts/episodes or something like that), but I think that they are only done in book format, so I guess we won't see it...

BTW.

Here is a little fandmade promo video made by someone:

and a link to wiki page: http://knightrun.wikia.com/wiki/Knight_Run_Wiki

Edit:
    I checked on naver and there are 172 chapters of Knight Run there in total. This consists of Episode 0 and Another Episode 2 plus some extra chapters. The scanlation is way behind and this probably will not change soon...
    Last edited by Zero; 02-03-2013 at 04:19 PM.

Yep, it's finally complete, the first season, Episode 0 - Pray, has been finally scanlated ;D, so everyone that was putting this on hold, go on and read the first season (I will probably have to re-read it soon ;P).

Last chapter of season I/episode 0: CHAPTER 75

Also, there are currently:
    Pray Episode: The one we are reading, about Anne, 75 chaps
    Father's Day Episode: about Rick, unknown, published in books
    Another Day Episode: about the girl who is a descendant of Innovation Empire (not sure) and her bf. 93 chapter
    Opening Episode: Anne's revival, 27 chapter
    Knight Fall Episode: About Anne, currently at chapter 9.
    so the story is far, far from an end . Let's hope that they will continue scanlating it .