Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Yeah...because if a random internet group can scan/translate weekly manga, I'm pretty sure a industry based of it can accomplish it as well. They probably want to but like legit cross mentioned above Japan doesn't let them.

Anyways I'm surprised to hear that Viz only 2-3 weeks behind that's actually real good, I was looking at their site http://www.vizmanga.com/series/5/3 they sell volumes that aren't even out yet for purchase? Or is that online reading?
    The site is actually behind the bookstore I go to. For example. my bookstore has up to volume 60 of one piece, but Viz only has up to 59
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    The site is actually behind the bookstore I go to. For example. my bookstore has up to volume 60 of one piece, but Viz only has up to 59
    Online Viz has up to 64, not sure where they're up to in print though.

Quote Originally Posted by [Cross] View Post
    Online Viz has up to 64, not sure where they're up to in print though.
    Really? must have checked the wrong page.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

well on juimp alpha they are on chapter 654 of one piece . its 25 bucks a year or 99 cents a issue. and its weekly
    Last edited by cross777; 02-15-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah cool they did this but I just wish they at least gave you the actual volume when it comes out. Maybe they do ? Wishful thinking on my part.
    Not even close

Subscriptions:
    Subscribe for 12 months for $25.99, and access a new issue of Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha every week for a year! Enjoy a full year of access to each weekly issue, and access to members-only Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha content!

One-shot purchases:
    When you opt to purchase just the current issue, that issue will be available for your reading pleasure for a period of 4 weeks from the date of purchase. During those 4 weeks, you will also enjoy access to members-only Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha content!

So what, "theoretically", you're not supposed to keep those you buy?

Mangastream just took the heat because, as others mentioned, they got too many hits. Cycle is complete for them, new options will rise.
    Still, this is cr@p...
    Spoiler!

Wait what?! So if I buy one of the online reading volume for 5 bucks I get to only keep it for 4 weeks?! The f*ck?!

I still find Viz media an untenable option, not geared toward the fan, but toward merchandisers $ ch-ching $pretending to have the fan's interest. Now if I could buy jump from Japan on a weekly basis, even if it's in Japanese, but preferable in English, then I'd consider the money well spent.

As things are, I'd suggest fansubbers should put their product out as torrents, while readers should purchase and support Jump mag. when it comes out in their local languages.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Time to change names and bring back the old staff and directly upload it to DL sites then just spread the word Via manga sites when it releases. Having an online manga hosting makes it too visible.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeFlash View Post
    Not even close

Subscriptions:
    Subscribe for 12 months for $25.99, and access a new issue of Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha every week for a year! Enjoy a full year of access to each weekly issue, and access to members-only Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha content!

One-shot purchases:
    When you opt to purchase just the current issue, that issue will be available for your reading pleasure for a period of 4 weeks from the date of purchase. During those 4 weeks, you will also enjoy access to members-only Weekly Shonen Jump Alpha content!

So what, "theoretically", you're not supposed to keep those you buy?

Mangastream just took the heat because, as others mentioned, they got too many hits. Cycle is complete for them, new options will rise.
    Still, this is cr@p...
    That is for the magazine that they aren't printing anymore. They decide to go with this online streaming since they weren't making any money of the printed sales. This probably why they going hardcore about taking down online reading sites. But yes like you mentioned if you only do single purchase you only keep it for 4 weeks. This doesn't seem to apply for volumes, volumes are permanent. My only question is if you buy a year subscription do you get to keep everything from within that year for the following year once you renew your subscription again?

Mangareader/mangafox are probably next on death row!
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 02-17-2012 at 01:45 AM.

Mangareader/mangafox are probably next on death row!
    You somehow seem to be enjoying this ???

Without sites like Mangastream and Mangareader, the popularity of Mangas will diminish tremendously, and that popularity is what gives rise to the possibility of Cash for Manga, that Viz is counting on.

Mangas are popular because fans get involved, and reference the pages, sometimes pages from many years past. Viz is working hard to kill all of that.

For me, Mangashare is what has kept me reading and interested in Manga, if Manga sites go down, I may lose interest in coming here.

I'll simply move on to other things that are not Manga related, and Viz won't get a penny out of me.

I think Viz should work with Fan Suibbers, and be current and up to date. It's quite possible that these sites may charge a small fee for users to log on and read, and a bigger fee for downloads. I seriously doubt that the Manga experience will long survive Viz Media's approach.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !