Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Maybe a little.

Just been reading around and Viz pretty serious about this, just saying don't be surprise if a month from now all the other major manga pirating sites go down. I bought year subscription for SJA. Actually pretty good. They've been doing this officially for like two weeks. They'll get better at it. Only 2 weeks behind the Japanese release, I think they might catch up (if Japan lets them) when they go on 3 week break in April. I'm hoping SJA is highly successful so Japan will let them close the gap.

So year subscription entitles me ; able to read all the chapters that come out starting this week for whole year. And If I want to keep permanent records I'll have to buy the online volumes, but I don't think I'll be doing that since I rather have the graphic novel.

Some notes so far
    -I want to turn off comments. I really don't give a f*ck what other people think when I'm reading.
    -Site is a little busy. It's hard to find certain things.
    -Would be nice if chapters were current.
    -Would be nice if I could just pay the damn fee and read all the back chapters.

25 bucks ain't sh*t bet the lot of you spend that weekly on cig's and booze. And the 5 bucks for the online volume good deal too. When I buy them , they come out to like 9-12 bucks because of shipping and bullsh*t taxes.

Here's a example you guys can try out of SJA online reading, guess you could say its the working product.

http://www.vizmanga.com/reader/662
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 02-17-2012 at 04:49 AM.

well i would pay. because i have payed all along. i would have no problem paying if it was just the same time as japan or a couple days off. which they could do if they really really wanted to put in the effort and money to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well if you payed all along then you don't have to pay since your magazine subscription continues into SJA or did I catch you on a bluff. Here's the link to convert your print subscription to digital: http://www.sjalpha.com/weeklysj

The April 2012 issue, (on sale in March 2012) will be their final print issue.Their magazine was monthly release anyways not weekly because clumping up Dr.grayman and claymore with the other popular weekly manga was cheaper than having 2 magazines running.

It's probably just two or three guys dealing with that unprofitable untested scanlation service with no subscriptions yet, while everyone else works on the actual physical mag and volumes.

Once the magazine version of Jump ends and they've finished catching up the trades, they'll have a lot more staff to deal with it and less backlog.

Also, we have no idea exactly what material the japanese are providing, how quickly, or what the approval process is. Scanlators can do it as soon as they hijack a magazine from the shipping department, and have little in the way of quality control or fact checking and have major errors sometimes. Viz has to wait until they are sent files... and possibly the official script... and they might need approvals.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 02-17-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Sad to hear this :(

I just hope the next group to take up their place simply does it as good if not better. As DFX mentioned, it's a cycle. Once the "main" group that does it dies or stops doing it, 5 others spring up and nobody will remember the old one after a few weeks.

I just hope the other groups will keep it low (irc/torrent) instead of actually hosting it.

Very likely some people will branch off from Mangastream and simply do it under another name. It's not like it hasn't happened before :p

Anyway, I enjoyed your releases Mangastream. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fxu View Post
    Sad to hear this :(

I just hope the next group to take up their place simply does it as good if not better. As DFX mentioned, it's a cycle. Once the "main" group that does it dies or stops doing it, 5 others spring up and nobody will remember the old one after a few weeks.

I just hope the other groups will keep it low (irc/torrent) instead of actually hosting it.

Very likely some people will branch off from Mangastream and simply do it under another name. It's not like it hasn't happened before :p

Anyway, I enjoyed your releases Mangastream. Thank you
    This thread is attracting all kinds of weirdos, isn't it?

Oh...

The world won't come to an end with this action. There was scanlation before these gigantic aggregators and online reading sites and there will be after them too. The cycle is just running its course. Scanlation will ultimately move back towards its roots as an underground community. We'll see more IRC and possibly torrents and less actual hosting. Who knows, maybe scanlators will take a hint from other forms of piracy and we'll see one major site pop up with limited accessibility where things will be posted and then sort of trickle out from there.

As for Viz working with the scanlation community, well that's just not going to happen. Sure, you'll sometimes see people from the community to the legitimate industry, usually translators, but for the most part these companies just aren't interested in working with the people who are stealing their work.

The whole Jump Alpha thing is interesting, it's a great idea, but it's just not enough. If the japanese really want to stop this piracy then the only real answer is to publish titles simultaneously in other regions, but they're not going to do that.

I just Can't imagine how a Manga Universe that is controlled and directed by Viz Media can be anything but Boring and infuriatingly Restrictive/Constricted.

I personally can't see myself enjoying Naruto outside of the Mangashare context, being able to link Images and argue Manga "facts". I find Viz's Business paradigm too constricting for my tastes, and if they force matters, I'll find some way to get my Manga fix until Naruto series ends, and I'll say Sa yo Nara.

At my age I don't really need Viz or even Manga, I've just grown accustomed to the Camaraderie of this site, and the story of Naruto itself. I'm sure I'll find some other worthy distractions from life's annoyances without Viz's influence or interference.

That's just How I feel about the whole thing right now.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I just Can't imagine how a Manga Universe that is controlled and directed by Viz Media can be anything but Boring and infuriatingly Restrictive/Constricted.

I personally can't see myself enjoying Naruto outside of the Mangashare context, being able to link Images and argue Manga "facts". I find Viz's Business paradigm too constricting for my tastes, and if they force matters, I'll find some way to get my Manga fix until Naruto series ends, and I'll say Sa yo Nara.

At my age I don't really need Viz or even Manga, I've just grown accustomed to the Camaraderie of this site, and the story of Naruto itself. I'm sure I'll find some other worthy distractions from life's annoyances without Viz's influence or interference.

That's just How I feel about the whole thing right now.
    I just did a quick search to find out why mangastream didn’t upload last week’s chapter. It’s a shame really and I totally agree with your sentiments. Hopefully some other group will find a way to give us our weekly manga fix soon.

Talking MangaStream's being back JUMP Titles

Well it seems we have to thank the country of Bulgaria for getting Mangstream to do Jump titles again but there are just a few stipulations though. Read the messages here: http://twitter.com/#!/mangastream/st...873728/photo/1

So be happy guys! I know I am.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

So Mangastream posted this on teh twitterz:
    https://twitter.com/#!/mangastream/s...76465420873728

Yay

all hail bulgaria!!! All hail bulgaria!!!

Seriously though, I wonder how Viz would react to this.

sig made by me