Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    This sucks.

So who are the new guys? Better not be mangazone...

Well I just found out that Shueisha sent a DMCA notice of copyright infringement to RedHawk about Beelzebub and Bakuman. And with that Redhawk took down all their releases of those two. So that's two more down for someone else to pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    This sucks.

So who are the new guys? Better not be mangazone...
    Who knows. If it is Mangazone at least its something.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

any thing is better than nothing and or in till viz gets there shit together and starts releasing weakly issues at the same speed as they do in japan. i mean jump alpha is a few chapters behind but still this sucks. but they dont carry nearly enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well RedHawk won't be dropping Beelzebub and Bakuman like I reported earlier but will just be removing all their chapters from their online reader.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Sucks this happened. I just wish that Viz would first make a good working digital distribution globally and not just America, before they try to take down other alternatives on the net.

I'm pretty sure no one would have a problem to pay a little yearly contribution to read good digital scanlations (if it's only 2 or 3 weeks later then Japanese release).

It's just sad that many parts in the world don't have access to releases that are on time. Not to mention the crap translations you sometimes see.

well at least mangastream seems to be keeping fariy tail! the only bit of good news really. but maybe they will pick up some pleasant surprises like they said.

but yeah i mean i dont mind paying 99 cents a week for my manga. they need to get more of there series in there reader and they need to make it so you can pick your chapters but i dont mind that. they are still about 2-3 weeks behind but still better than nothing.

ALSO! im not sure if mangastream tried this or not but if they did and viz still forced them out like this it proves that they are only out for the green. what im talking about is why would viz not try to capitalize on manga stream. partner with them. have them scan and translate it, then cell it 99 cents or 1.50 or something like that a week and viz gets all those profits 100%. why 100% because mangastream would be able to go legit. meaning putting jumps official name on there website and getting big time advertising bucks. which is where they make there money any way.

but NO, they let the smart move go and decided to be dicks!. again i dont know if that was ever even talked about but either way viz is stupid for not thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    but yeah i mean i dont mind paying 99 cents a week for my manga. they need to get more of there series in there reader and they need to make it so you can pick your chapters but i dont mind that. they are still about 2-3 weeks behind but still better than nothing.

ALSO! im not sure if mangastream tried this or not but if they did and viz still forced them out like this it proves that they are only out for the green. what im talking about is why would viz not try to capitalize on manga stream. partner with them. have them scan and translate it, then cell it 99 cents or 1.50 or something like that a week and viz gets all those profits 100%. why 100% because mangastream would be able to go legit. meaning putting jumps official name on there website and getting big time advertising bucks. which is where they make there money any way.

but NO, they let the smart move go and decided to be dicks!. again i dont know if that was ever even talked about but either way viz is stupid for not thinking about it.
    A common misconception. First of all, it's not as easy as people think it is. Or maybe it is, but if Viz wanted to, they could release it day of. It's just that Japan doesn't let them. They're really touchy about their manga properties, that's why it's 2 weeks and not a day after or day of. From what I hear, if people support this, Viz will be able to convince Shueisha to tighten the gap and maybe even add more series if there's interest in this thing. I just find it hard to bemoan Viz other than the fact that certain territories won't be getting Jump Alpha, and that's an entire legal thing. They're looking out for their assets, and MangaStream had a big presence in social venues (twitter/facebook) so they had to get them to stop.

Yeah...because if a random internet group can scan/translate weekly manga, I'm pretty sure a industry based of it can accomplish it as well. They probably want to but like legit cross mentioned above Japan doesn't let them.

Anyways I'm surprised to hear that Viz only 2-3 weeks behind that's actually real good, I was looking at their site http://www.vizmanga.com/series/5/3 they sell volumes that aren't even out yet for purchase? Or is that online reading?

Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Yeah...because if a random internet group can scan/translate weekly manga, I'm pretty sure a industry based of it can accomplish it as well. They probably want to but like legit cross mentioned above Japan doesn't let them.

Anyways I'm surprised to hear that Viz only 2-3 weeks behind that's actually real good, I was looking at their site http://www.vizmanga.com/series/5/3 they sell volumes that aren't even out yet for purchase? Or is that online reading?
    If I recall, that should be only reading online. But it's still pretty neat for people who want to read the volumes digitally. Kinda surprised when I heard it myself. It should only be the chapters though, none of the extras would be in it.

Yeah cool they did this but I just wish they at least gave you the actual volume when it comes out. Maybe they do ? Wishful thinking on my part.

On the mangastream topic I also feel that they could had last longer or stood more in the shadow if they didn't add twitter and facebook as well. Well regardless I'm sure they knew this and just decided to take the risk anyways.