View Poll Results: What did you think of the chapter?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • l5l Excellent

    6 75.00%
  • l4l Great

    0 0%
  • l3l Average

    2 25.00%
  • l2l Bad

    0 0%
  • l1l Terrible

    0 0%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Global Moderator Jaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    4,836

    Fairy Tail 270 Discussion/271 Predictions

    Chapter 270 is up!
    Read it here:http://mangastream.com/read/fairy_tail/40401305/1

    Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

  2. #2
    pirate hunter arisart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    land of the rising sun
    Posts
    2,566
    Nice chap. As expected FT will lose the first round. Good guys always gets beat at first. Damn, Gray couldn't do a thing. I'm guessing Lucy will win her match against RT but would be weaken and be trashed again by Sabertooth. I wonder who would compete on team B. Their weakest link imo is Gazeel already and I don't think he would compete right away so I'll go with Mirajane.

    And what's up with these early releases? I'm gonna get spoiled :p

    sig made by me

  3. #3
    Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    PDengkholan Blah Gono
    Posts
    2,048
    To be fair to Gray, I'd be pissed too if I came in dead last largely thanks to one camping griefer.

    Decent chapter, all things considered. I found Eve's method of descerning the real players to be rather clever, and the punishments that Laxus and Mirajane were picturing got a good chuckle out of me.
    __________________


    Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

    -----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    794
    So now Gray has to do whatever Juvia says? ^^

  5. #5
    Ripple User Trilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by Miineur View Post
    So now Gray has to do whatever Juvia says? ^^
    Not exactly. Their bet only applies to the final result, so whoever is ranked higher by the end of the games will win. It was pretty funny that it took that added incentive from the master to convince Team B, Fairy Tail sure do love messing with each other huh?

    The audience is kind of annoying with their Sabertooth bandwagoning, if they just turn around and start cheering for Fairy Tail at the end it's just gonna prove they're a bunch of hypocrites.

    Bummer for Gray, sucks that he had to be the jobber here but hopefully that means Elfman gets a good showing seeing as they're usually the ones that take the hits. Natsu and Erza are too dominant to lose convincingly, and Lucy despite her rookie status wins a lot more than she loses.

    That Narupuding guy is really irritating, it's gonna be too long before Gray puts that purple ball-chin freak in his place. Rufus is cool doe, I like that Gray has a worthy rival this time around. His magic is similar to Rusty's from Grimoire, but deals with memories? Wonder if it has any similarities with Mest's powers. I could see them duking it out later down the line in a battle, and I'd be down for Gray getting his payback there.

    Lucy vs. the gothic chick next. I'm thinking draw, but Lucy's always a wildcard. Hope she goes with Loki, because he's awesome, or Caprico so we can finally get some insight into his skillset.

    As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

  6. #6
    Senior Member Afro Thunda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfield, CA
    Posts
    6,813
    I find it funny how relatively innocent Laxus's and Gajille's ideas for what they'd make Team A do considering their history with each other. You'd think they'd be a bit more devious than what their initial thoughts showed. And even funnier when you realize it was those thoughts alone that gave them enough motivation to participate.

    Anyway, it was a sucky hand Gray was dealt in regards to this contest. Certainly wasn't something suited for him and his abilities. Heck, I'm not sure anyone else in Team A would have fared much better when I think about it. Well, there'll be plenty chances to make up for it.

    As for the audience, it's no surprise that they're Sabretooth bandwagoning. Fairy Tail's core members disappear and the guild turns to crap as a result. That doesn't give the crowd much of a reason to cheer for them, now does it? If they do wind up cheering for Fairy Tail in the end, it'll be because they earned the crowd's support, not because of hypocrisy.

    Anyway, looking forward to the catfight. It's definitely a given that Lucy will go with Loki, and I'm sure Caprico will get his turn as well being the newest addition to the team. Let's see what the chick with the Rape Eyes can do too.

  7. #7
    LOL, U MAD? Arbitrary's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,177
    I think Lucy will be beaten here.

    Too early for a Fairy Tail win.

  8. #8
    Ripple User Trilight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    957
    Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    I find it funny how relatively innocent Laxus's and Gajille's ideas for what they'd make Team A do considering their history with each other. You'd think they'd be a bit more devious than what their initial thoughts showed. And even funnier when you realize it was those thoughts alone that gave them enough motivation to participate.

    Anyway, it was a sucky hand Gray was dealt in regards to this contest. Certainly wasn't something suited for him and his abilities. Heck, I'm not sure anyone else in Team A would have fared much better when I think about it. Well, there'll be plenty chances to make up for it.

    As for the audience, it's no surprise that they're Sabretooth bandwagoning. Fairy Tail's core members disappear and the guild turns to crap as a result. That doesn't give the crowd much of a reason to cheer for them, now does it? If they do wind up cheering for Fairy Tail in the end, it'll be because they earned the crowd's support, not because of hypocrisy.

    Anyway, looking forward to the catfight. It's definitely a given that Lucy will go with Loki, and I'm sure Caprico will get his turn as well being the newest addition to the team. Let's see what the chick with the Rape Eyes can do too.
    Laxus really has mellowed out since his absence, a friendly competitive streak is a lot less harmful than his power mongering ways of the past. I like how all Gajeel needs to get on board is a back up dancer, Levy's gonna be jealous. Good to see Mira and Erza's rivalry has been rekindled as of late, they were just as bad as Natsu and Gray back in the day.

    You're right on the crowd, but the unfairness of the situation made it feel worse. Gray was jipped and I felt bad that Raven Tail essentially cost him the match. It would be pretty weird to cheer for a guild which has been on a downturn for the better part of a decade so I can understand the jeers and jokes, but dang it we know what they're capable of and they're gonna raise some hell!

    As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

  9. #9
    Senior Member cross777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,776
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Nice chap. As expected FT will lose the first round. Good guys always gets beat at first. Damn, Gray couldn't do a thing. I'm guessing Lucy will win her match against RT but would be weaken and be trashed again by Sabertooth. I wonder who would compete on team B. Their weakest link imo is Gazeel already and I don't think he would compete right away so I'll go with Mirajane.

    And what's up with these early releases? I'm gonna get spoiled :p
    WOW if only some one had thought that going to the top of the buildings was a good idea. IF ONLY...... OH WAIT LOL.
    but yeah great chapter i love how gray is just PISSED also im sure ivan has something to do with why they kept going after gray. next chapter will be cool. let hope we see a leo and Capricorn tag team!
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #10
    H+ xioaxioa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Location Moved
    Posts
    2,698
    Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    WOW if only some one had thought that going to the top of the buildings was a good idea. IF ONLY...... OH WAIT LOL.
    but yeah great chapter i love how gray is just PISSED also im sure ivan has something to do with why they kept going after gray. next chapter will be cool. let hope we see a leo and Capricorn tag team!
    cross777's accuracy:
    One Piece: 0%
    Fairy Tail: 100%

    How do you do it cross?

    I Love You!
    Spoiler!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •