0 0%
  • |3| Average

1 6.67%
  • |2| Bad

0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Awesome opening arc chapter! I simply cannot wait until next week's chapter. My only note I want to make is the sign on the door with the Marines and WG emblem. Someone prior to me mentioned Oars Jr., which was the first idea I got as well. Anyone think this may have been their race's (Oars Jr.'s) origin island? My speculation comes from teh similar looking skull (larger than a giants presumably) laying in the inferno on page 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Galkie View Post
    hey guys,

Can anyone fill me in about Franky having an new bounty?
    I thought someone said that in an previous chaptertopic
    And it's all simple speculation. Numerous times Oda has hidden or shrouded both Zoro and Franky's bounty amount since the return from 2 years of training. Many believe, and it is very plausible seeing as the Marines were aware of Franky's presence on the island of his training, that he has earned a greater bounty following the separation. The same goes for Zoro, but we have yet to see updated bounties/bounty pictures following break.

One Piece

LMFAO Luffy answering den den mushis! Too funny! The country of Wano!! Hell yes sounds badass too, come on Oda make the next member a Kunoichi from wano country!

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Awsome! its a dragon! wonder if it knows Dragon . You know, this island looks a bit like the island BlackBeard was on... I think
    This a new island shown to us, never mentioned in the manga before.

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Damn, that's how Oda starts an arc. Can't predict yet what might happen next.

I love how Oda portrays Usopp's character. He still has his old habits but it's not from cowardice anymore, it's more of avoiding trouble if it can be helped unlike Zoro and Luffy who always looking for one. The eating their lunchboxes subtly tells how Usopp's character changes quickly. Luffy and Zoro ate their food even before stepping into the island. Both are brimming with confidence while Usopp has the can't step on the new island decease but once they were on it, Usopp suddenly become attentive. He could now eat his food the way Luffy and Zoro do. He knows there's no going back so might as well be prepared to fight. Zoro easily saw it that's why he kept teasing him.

I don't think it's the same island Aokiji and Akainu fought. Nami confirmed that it's supposed to be a winter island and there's no way Akainu or Aokiji would let each other fight when one of them has the advantage even for a slightest bit.

Damn, Tyrannosaur got bigger!!

Wano being an independent island is kinda expected. I'll put Elbaf there as well and probably a lot more islands.

Lol at the irony about Zoro asking what a samurai is when his whole character is based on it. Anyway, if ever they meet some I'm sure one of them will question Zoro for having their sword (the one he got from beating the legendary samurai from TB). Now that I mentioned it, so the story might be true after all, that guy probably killed a dragon since they actually exist.

I thought Zoro said "It's something you only see on Fairy Tail" so I was expecting a dragon lol.

Is it me or Smoker looks like Croc and Kohza combined?
    Ryuma's story is true, in the Q and A's Oda mentions its based off his one shot Monsters. Was hoping the dragon to look more sinister like how Oda drew this one in Monsters. http://www.mangarush.com/manga/wante...npenshu/4/p-40

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    I think she's number 153

Spoiler!
    Good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by One Piece View Post
    hmmm this is quite the mystery. The fire and stuff is most likely from the dragon cause even though half the island seems to be frigid cold and other blazing hot i would think if this is where akainu vs. aokiji was that we would've seen traces of cooled magma rock instead of things just being on fire and according to tashigi it's an island that's been closed off for 4 years. As a member of the marines dont you think that if the akainu vs. aokoji that happened at most, 2 years ago, would've been fresher in her mind and she wouldve mentioned that instead of it being closed off 4 years ago due to an incident?

And i think it's safe to assume that the message luffy picked up was an outgoing automated message from 4 years ago. From hearing smoker talk about the island's names it seems that instead of just season, some islands are based off of element(risky red - fire: also possibly the island bonney got caught on when we saw all the supernovas enter the new world, raijin island- thunder/lightning: urouge, and mystoria- mist/water) which makes one think that originally this was an ice island till ,from what we've learned on this chapter, got heated up from the dragon since we see he has fire coming out of its mouth. But before the dragon came it seems some group got killed by a bunch of samurai so yeah...

I don't know what's going to happen ~<3
    So Oda's a Lost fan? Jokes aside think this was a Vegapunk experiment gone bad as well. We also got another incident to add to the time line of this story too, not like will get any closer to answers regardless.... Wano country getting hyped! Damn this was awesome chapter gonna reread it again!

Darn you oda, feeding us subtilities, new information and keeping us guessing all the time ...
    Was nice to see nami make a cloud-road (will sure come in handy), which means she can prlly reproduce all kinds of sky-island-stuff.
    Island is intersting aswell.
    is it a vega-punk related thing?
    Is the island usually all blizard & did the dragon's presence change all that or was it half/half in the 1st place?
    Will there also be an ice-dragon? or Do the wano-samurai live in the blizzard-part...?
    & last but not least I would love to see Zoro fuck those yano-samurai up and perhaps take a nice sword along with that xD

Great chapter.
    Information overload and a good start for a new arc.
    Also about Wano country, If the title Mihawk holds include them then perhaps he is from there. Just making a wild guess.
    Otherwise seeing as the marines and most new world pirates obviously know about the Wano country, the title they have given to Mihawk will not be good enough to serve Zoro's ambition of defeating the greatest swordsman if really there are swordsmen from Wano who are stronger than Mihawk. Zoro will be even less satisfied now that he knows about it and might want to defeat the strongest samurai there too. In my view, I think mihawk really is the strongest swordsman including the wano samurai. I am sure they are top tier swordsmen though and I bet the marine won't want to have a bunch of guys almost at mihawks level as their opponents. Maybe Mihawk fighting with the strongest guy there will be like the fight between Aokiji and Akainu lasting for several days but mihawk comes out on top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

well we can believe its a real dragon because we know dragons exist in the one piece universe. ( via oda one shot) but yeah that was awesome smoker is looking more like croc every time we see him and the dragon was just epic. and dragons are said in legends to have shape shifting abilities. can you say next crew member. lol but that dragon is awesome! could the dragon have contacted them by mistake? or possibly contacting them to get them on the island some how? or something of that nature maybe? idk but this chapter was just epic and i can not wait for the next one ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    Last edited by cross777; 02-01-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Flare Blitz View Post
    Darn you oda, feeding us subtilities, new information and keeping us guessing all the time ...
    Was nice to see nami make a cloud-road (will sure come in handy), which means she can prlly reproduce all kinds of sky-island-stuff.
    Island is intersting aswell.
    is it a vega-punk related thing?
    Is the island usually all blizard & did the dragon's presence change all that or was it half/half in the 1st place?
    Will there also be an ice-dragon? or Do the wano-samurai live in the blizzard-part...?
    & last but not least I would love to see Zoro fuck those yano-samurai up and perhaps take a nice sword along with that xD
    Actually hoping they make Zoro sweat at least. Also since they are on Punk Hazard, I'm gonna take a guess these Samurai will probably be just fodder Samurai from Wano(If they turned out to be named characters I still think they probably just lower tier from Wano). Guess just saying my prediction after reading the chapter again. If Ryuma is considered a legendary Samurai from the country of Wano, in Wano they probably still look up to him. So new generations probably want to be like him? By slaying a Dragon, thus why these Samurai came to this island. If this island is what I think it is. So far we know the island is split in half, obviously Luffy,Zoro,Robin and Usopp are on the scorching side of it. The Samurai are attacking the X people on the cold landscape side.
    Last edited by FenixMarco; 02-01-2012 at 09:17 PM.

WOwwwww this chapter was epicccc
    i didn't expect this at all ...but then again that is why oda rockkss
    love the new elements nami's new trick, ussop still hasn't overcome his disease lol .
    haha . but i love ussop's role , he notices everything .

one thing is sure it isn't the dragon that contacted them

Actually hoping they make Zoro sweat at least. Also since they are on Punk Hazard, I'm gonna take a guess these Samurai will probably be just fodder Samurai from Wano(If they turned out to be named characters I still think they probably just lower tier from Wano). Guess just saying my prediction after reading the chapter again. If Ryuma is considered a legendary Samurai from the country of Wano, in Wano they probably still look up to him. So new generations probably want to be like him? By slaying a Dragon, thus why these Samurai came to this island. If this island is what I think it is. So far we know the island is split in half, obviously Luffy,Zoro,Robin and Usopp are on the scorching side of it. Why the Samurai are attacking the X people on the cold landscape side.

omg.. Robiinn...

going around stripping her clothes...

nice ass shots of her at the last page

Oda really knows how to satisfied the male fans..

that's why he choose one frigid swrdsman and two idiots to accompany her than the perverted cook and the perverted bones..

say, you folks think there will be any zoro x robin moments again in this arc?
    life sucks, then you die, and guess what!? it still sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by saragesi View Post
    i dont know about that, im all for luffy x robin now after seeing her feed him on the mini merry ^^

Quote Originally Posted by saragesi View Post
    omg.. Robiinn...

going around stripping her clothes...

nice ass shots of her at the last page

Oda really knows how to satisfied the male fans..

that's why he choose one frigid swrdsman and two idiots to accompany her than the perverted cook and the perverted bones..

Quote Originally Posted by Zafran View Post
    i dont know about that, im all for luffy x robin now after seeing her feed him on the mini merry ^^
    Must we discuss love pairings for a manga which has already had its love course in Boa and Luffy, having ended quite nicely in Oda's style? Not that I don't appreciate the subtle hints of affection, attraction, and sexuality within the story, but we all know it's no more than subtlites.

Moving on, I'm interested to see if Vegapunk did have some connection. It would fit with the WG and Marine emblems, as well as the eerie sciencefiction, Jurassic Park perimeter surrounding the island. Possible Vegapunk failed experiement? Placing a DF into an inadament object? Hmmm...only speculation. I cannot wait to see how Oda forges forth.