Hybrid View

Some tips for new mangas to read:)?

Hi! I'm currently looking for some new mangas to tryout. Humor combined with action is proably my favorite genre.

I have previously read and enjoyed:
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Keroro
    Bleach
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Dragonball
    To Love-Ru
    Fairy Tail

probably forgot someone.

I've been looking at Death Note & Rosario x Vampire, anything to recommend?

Cheers!

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Hitman Reborn. (has some face palm moments, but the good arc's are good) The current arc is awesome to the point that it rivals Naruto....IMO

Soul Eater, has action and humor. The story was pretty interesting too. (I havent finished the manga yet, but I have finished the anime and thought the anime was awesome.

If your curious about animes, then check out: Needless and Darker then Black.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

You got caught in my trap In your head!!!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miineur View Post
    Hi! I'm currently looking for some new mangas to tryout. Humor combined with action is proably my favorite genre.

One Piece
    Naruto
    Keroro
    Bleach
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Dragonball
    To Love-Ru
    Fairy Tail

probably forgot someone.

Cheers!
    I guess its beelzebub your searching for ^^

I would 100% recommend Gantz(if you're not bothered by a little nudity and gore).
    The story is extremely interesting and it keeps you reading forever. Read the Manga, don't bother with the anime.

I would also recommend Hajime no Ippo. I started it a few months ago, started with the anime(s)/movies [which are cannon]. Then I started reading the manga, and all I have to say is that it's one of the most amazing anime/manga experiences I've ever had. After the anime(s), it'll take you till about chapter 400 something, then you just read the 500+ more chapters on your own xD. Hajime no Ippo has like 900+ chapters lol so good luck xD.

As for Death Note, I would totally recommend it. Just watch the anime, it's really well done. Death Note is just amazing. I'll leave you with those 3 for now, since other people also recommended more lol.

Summary:
    Gantz has a lot of philosophical concepts and it's for mature readers in my opinion, so be mentally prepared for it.

Hajime no Ippo is a boxing manga, but it really is one of the most amazing sport mangas i've ever read, that's why it's still ongoing after like 20 years. Almost 1000 chapters and counting.

Death Note is like a psychological thriller and also has some good philosophical things to think about

Anyways Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Miineur View Post

One Piece
    Naruto
    Keroro
    Bleach
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Dragonball
    To Love-Ru
    Fairy Tail

probably forgot someone.

Cheers!
    I have almost the same tastes as you. Read hunter x hunter and history's strongest disciple kenichi. Both are excellent mangastream and are continuing. They are in the same territory as one piece, naruto, and dragonball. Also, I recommend soul eater and death note as others have suggested above. There's so many others, but start with those .
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Currently reading/watching:
    One Piece, Naruto, Shingeki no Kyojin, Kenichi, Hajime No Ippo The Rising, Hunter x Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfox87 View Post
    I have almost the same tastes as you. Read hunter x hunter and history's strongest disciple kenichi. Both are excellent mangastream and are continuing. They are in the same territory as one piece, naruto, and dragonball. Also, I recommend soul eater and death note as others have suggested above. There's so many others, but start with those .
    Tip for hunter x hunter, if you want to avoid tons of 'not so great drawings' to put it nicely, you can watch the first anime and ova's up until it ends then read from there, though it was still a good read after I went back over it this past week to get a refresher. Just those scribbles get to you.

As for Hajime no ippo, it is good yea, the anime was pretty nice too, but the fights are stretched out to hell, thats how it lasted 20+ years. The woli fight was well over half a year of procrastination. The chapters range from 12-18 pages usually so if you were reading weekly it could get annoying, but there are 966 chapters currently so that shouldn't be a problem for a while if you pick it up. Though I still am a fan of it don't get me wrong.

An alternative could be RRR- another boxing manga which doesn't seem to be as popular but it is pretty good and goes at a decent pace, nothing to over the top so far like Ippo.

Not much humor but the action is good, The breaker, and the Breaker new waves if you haven't read them.(manhwa though)

Toriko is another one I relate to "monster hunter" type of manga, reminded me a bit of monster hunter Orage which was why I started it.

Another one not in your genre, that I liked, even though I am into the same ones you are, would be Cage of eden, people trapped on an island, mystery and such, try it one day.

Medaka Box you'll either love it or hate it from the reviews so far. If you're reading for strictly action then probably not the best for you. It has a few quirks but overall it's a decent read. Also it has an Anime coming soon.

Kuroko's basket~ Sport's basketball manga, it has some subtle humor and decent matches, currently translated up to chapter 122 I think, 152 chapters are out total. Also it gets an anime soon, April.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Sounds like you'll enjoy Hajime No Ippo I did the same as Kenichikun and watched the anime first then picked it up on the manga. Should try out Toriko too. Beelzebub definitely if you want some laughs.

Gantz isn't humorous, more dark if anything.

If you haven't read Vinland Saga do so. It's a good read.

You should probably try checking out:

The Breaker & The Breaker: New Waves
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    Dragons Rioting
    Sun-Ken Rock
    My Doll House
    Nozoki no Ana

These are some pretty good mangas give them a try.