Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I have a strong feeling Orochimaru is still alive and has some plot in the works.

Why? Speculation mostly, but his death seemed to abrupt and strange. There's also this whole thing with Kabuto that seems like an explosive waiting to happen, but I just can't bring myself to think that he's just gone. He was too much of a major player in the early stages of the manga with such a vague motive that it wouldn't even make sense story wise for him to die without fully revealing his intentions. Though all links, besides Kabuto and Sasuke, between his antagonism and such have been severed, we should also remember that he is part of the cause of Sasuke's state right now (and Sasuke still utilizes the curse mark, which is a seal that has implications we still don't fully know).

Anyway, just wanted to know what your guys' thoughts were on Orochimaru and his relevance now in the chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by manvaseline View Post
    Why? Speculation mostly, but his death seemed to abrupt and strange. There's also this whole thing with Kabuto that seems like an explosive waiting to happen, but I just can't bring myself to think that he's just gone. He was too much of a major player in the early stages of the manga with such a vague motive that it wouldn't even make sense story wise for him to die without fully revealing his intentions. Though all links, besides Kabuto and Sasuke, between his antagonism and such have been severed, we should also remember that he is part of the cause of Sasuke's state right now (and Sasuke still utilizes the curse mark, which is a seal that has implications we still don't fully know).

Anyway, just wanted to know what your guys' thoughts were on Orochimaru and his relevance now in the chapters.
    Oro's soul/mind along with his eight branches tech. body are trapped within the Totsuka Sword in an infinite genjutsu. Orochimaru as a person is never coming back unless Itachi somehow releases him. However, Oro's various bodily remains and legacy after definitely going to live on for awhile.

I was under the impression the curse mark was erased once Orochimaru was sealed by the sword of Totsuka. To be honest, I kind of like that Kabuto has taken on Oro's role, because it shows that the new generation surpasses the old, even for the bad guys.

Orochimaru isn't coming back. I mean what would be the point. Especially with where the story is at now.

Cant we just let that guy go? He is gone, Kabuto is the new and improved version, we wont see Oro again, his place has just irrelevant.

Oro may have been a fan favorite but his character was fundementally evil. Evil characters do not get a cellebration of his death like we had with Jiraiya. Its not like we could have had a believeable Sasuke crying about his death for a chapter like Naruto when Jiraiya died, it would have been false and contrived. Thats why his death may have seemed 'sudden'.

If he was to come back now he would get his ass kicked. Sasuke beat/trapped him prior to him getting MS, so a sasuke with EMS will rape him, not to mention Naruto's power level now....Oro was scared of a little Bijuu Dama. See the size of the one he is making now? i dont think those Rashamon gates would stop something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Well, Orochimaru apparently knew something about the Rikudou lineage, since he and Kabuto were able to figure out Madara's power. So we know a little more about what Orochimaru intended to do once he obtained Sasuke's Sharingan. Unfortunately, since Kabuto's end goal is to complete Orochimaru's plans and obtain Sasuke's Sharingan, I don't see him lasting much longer... he's a likely candidate to be the first victim of Sasuke's EMS.

I think Orochimaru's actual consciousness may be present in Kabuto's snake tail. I know he was sealed by Itachi, but that could just be a "part" of him that was sealed. Kabuto has become far to Oro-like to simply be changing on his own. Almost nothing of his original personality is left.

It may be that Kabuto is becoming too Oro-like, but if I remember correctly, Kabuto was a pretty messed up dude from the very beginning.

honestly, what would be the point of orochimaru coming back? i think most ppl can agree that he has outplayed his usefulness by now, and honestly he doesnt seem all that formidable anymore as naruto, sasuke, kakashi, guy, madara, tobi are all more powerful than him, he woulod pretty much be reduced to cannonfodder.

Kabuto's the new Oro. Believe it! The real Oro is dead and gone. Itachi, the Oro Exterminator, made certain of that, and he's not even stopping there. Itachi is so driven to get rid of everything Orochimaru in the Narutoverse that he made himself immortal just to go take down kabuto who's acting as the new Oro. You see how serious Itachi is now? He came from beyond the grave, attained immortality, and is off to kill Oro reincarnated.... again. Hmm... Methinks Itachi has a grudge against Oro now that I think about it lol.

Lol I thought Freakshow came back for second there....but I guess the thread would have had " ...100% proof" in the title then fail to deliver.

Oro would get raped sideways getting in the middle of the Sasuke - Naruto battle. Hes genius however still seems to linger on in mention based how much he knew about Akatsuki's plans.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you