One Piece 478 Spoilers

More images:
    http://img147.imagevenue.com/view.ph..._122_935lo.jpg
    http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?i...122_1108lo.jpg
    http://img23.imagevenue.com/img.php?..._122_793lo.jpg
    http://img25.imagevenue.com/view.php..._122_683lo.jpg

And a summary, thanks to Kanemaki (from AP):
    Chapter 478 - Luffy vs. Luffy
    Front Page - Before Nami starts a race in the woods, there's a frillnecked lizard as the flagman.
    Continuing from last week's conversation
    There are 3 people left in front of Odz.
    Zoro: Usopp!! I'll make an opportunity!!
    Zoro uses Yasha Karasu (not sure on this technique's name - Female Demon Crow?) - a sword technique that thrusts while spinning - and makes a hole in Odz's right arm.
    However, it seems it doesn't work that well, and Zoro is taken down by Odz's attack.
    Usopp uses that chance to pick the salt Brooke gathered and put inside Odz's mouth.
    A shadow-like figure comes out, but it's actually Moria's shadow. It picks the salt bag and throws it at Usopp.
    Usopp is covered with salt.
    Odz: Stamp!!
    Odz attacks Usopp with his legs. While at it, he recklessly starts trampling the ground (supposedly where Usopp is).
    Luffy: What are trying to trample? Nobody is below your feet!!
    In front of Odz is Luffy with a scary face. He's also quite large.
    Odz promptly attacks Luffy. His attack is stopped with one hand, then Odz is knocked.
    Odz is thrown far away. Then, (Luffy) turns at Odz's back and starts a backdrop.
    The End.

Spiky hair! Large muscles!

It's DBZ!

I bet his hair will be yellow in the anime.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Wow, when I saw that pic of Luffy it immediately reminded me of a less hairy Chopper...with a sword, but what's up with Nightmare Luffy's strength, being able to block Oz with a single hand, this transformation has proved itself to be more powerful then Afro Luffy.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

Veteran Member
    i dont care what you say about luffy going ssj, its not like its his own power----so dont go saying its gay dbz lameness....its not like he can do the same thing later on, its only a one time deal or atleast when he is near moria

i love one piece.....its like a pirate adventure lulz

cant wait to see luffy beat moria up and go onto the next arc though

Quote Originally Posted by anarchris View Post
    i dont care what you say about luffy going ssj, its not like its his own power----so dont go saying its gay dbz lameness....its not like he can do the same thing later on, its only a one time deal or atleast when he is near moria
    Wait you actually consider a character getting the power from within himself, lamer than getting it in a deus-ex-machina fashion by pure luck from a stranger who happened to have the same enemy as the character, and which's source comes from a dozen of previously killed people? You have a strange taste.

Either was it's still DBZ-ish, it's very similar to Goku's Genki-Dama technique, getting power from a ton of other beings and combining it to defeat a theoretically much more powerful opponent.

Note I love One Piece as much as the next guy, but I find this Arc and its villains, unoriginal and dissapointing when compared to how awesome Water 7/Enies Lobby were.

What's with the spoiler calling Oz Odz?

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Some translators translate the name of that monster as Oz and some other translators translate it as Odz.

About Luffy being SSJ or Chopper, I just think it's like a reduced version of Oz, "normal" (not huge) legs, huge body and the first part of the arms slim, just as Oz.

...But why? It makes no sense, there's not even a hint of a d in his name D:

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    blood is thicker than water. luffy cant swim in water. theres some logic in there
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameboy
    coincident

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Yeah I agree with Wafflenet, how'd they get the 'd', I assumed it be more likely that they would add a 'zu' to the end.

Spoiler!

Why don't more people read these mangas?

I've seen translations where he's called Odr. Why? Who knows... the kana is easily translated to Oz, so I don't know where people take those "d" or "r" from.