Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 32
  1. #21
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    The general premise of what Thor is saying is correct thats why there is "+" to cover in between levels.
    I am sure POW, that as a long term, respected member, you too would prefer mutual decorum amongst debaters, Right?

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    740
    the problem is that it is really taken from vastly outdated databooks and then followed up by different definitions of what a maximum grade is for certain catagories, for example a S is ninjutsu is that for how powerful a person's ninjutsu are or is it how many ninjutsus a person knows because for powerful ninjutsus naruto would be placed in the top with the rasenshuriken and the bijuu ball but in terms of knowledge about different ninjutsus or how many ninjutsus a person know, naruto would be placed rather low. also the date books are rather ancient, as many of the data would definately have changed by now, especially for some1 like the whiney and emo sasuke and naruto, and since it is over the data books, i wouldnt take this data book comparison too seriously as it is made over outdated data.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Gaara Kazekage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    the problem is that it is really taken from vastly outdated databooks and then followed up by different definitions of what a maximum grade is for certain catagories, for example a S is ninjutsu is that for how powerful a person's ninjutsu are or is it how many ninjutsus a person knows because for powerful ninjutsus naruto would be placed in the top with the rasenshuriken and the bijuu ball but in terms of knowledge about different ninjutsus or how many ninjutsus a person know, naruto would be placed rather low. also the date books are rather ancient, as many of the data would definately have changed by now, especially for some1 like the whiney and emo sasuke and naruto, and since it is over the data books, i wouldnt take this data book comparison too seriously as it is made over outdated data.
    When it comes to ninjutsu I think it's both of those you say, and how skilled a person is in ninjutsu overall. So I think ninjutsu is based one more than one thing and those things would be; number of jutsu's, how powerful the ninjutsu's are, how well one can execute the ninjutsu(a fireball's power is vastly different depending on the person performing it), and how quick you can do it ofc(spending half a minute do create the rasengan would make Naruto suck hard).


    Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!


    Water type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  4. #24
    I am sorry about the name change, I meant no disrespect, and only changed it to see if it was possible.
    I have no argument with Psukkar.
    My apologies to Psukkar, and to everyone else who may have been offended/put off.
    Last edited by thorofasgard13; 03-03-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s



    Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

    Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

  5. #25
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,939
    Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    I am sorry about the name change, I meant no disrespect, and only changed it to see if it was possible.
    I have no argument with Psukkar.
    My apologies to Psukkar, and to everyone else who may have been offended/put off.
    I am sure that all is well. I have never known you to be a provocateur, and I have myself also had cause to regret a bout of humour that went wrong.

    I am sure psukakar will appreciate this too.
    Last edited by paulbee; 03-04-2012 at 04:02 AM.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  6. #26
    Scanlator POW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,528
    Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    the problem is that it is really taken from vastly outdated databooks and then followed up by different definitions of what a maximum grade is for certain catagories, for example a S is ninjutsu is that for how powerful a person's ninjutsu are or is it how many ninjutsus a person knows because for powerful ninjutsus naruto would be placed in the top with the rasenshuriken and the bijuu ball but in terms of knowledge about different ninjutsus or how many ninjutsus a person know, naruto would be placed rather low. also the date books are rather ancient, as many of the data would definately have changed by now, especially for some1 like the whiney and emo sasuke and naruto, and since it is over the data books, i wouldnt take this data book comparison too seriously as it is made over outdated data.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    When it comes to ninjutsu I think it's both of those you say, and how skilled a person is in ninjutsu overall. So I think ninjutsu is based one more than one thing and those things would be; number of jutsu's, how powerful the ninjutsu's are, how well one can execute the ninjutsu(a fireball's power is vastly different depending on the person performing it), and how quick you can do it ofc(spending half a minute do create the rasengan would make Naruto suck hard).

    Gaara sums it up pretty well here as it refers to overall skill and proficiency as well knowledge of ninjutsu. Look at the average Akatsuki member to get an idea of what S class Ninjutsu level skill is. Its an overwhelming power thats beyond just one hit jutsu that burns someone out.





    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I am sure POW, that as a long term, respected member, you too would prefer mutual decorum amongst debaters, Right?
    I should hope so I not even sure what they where fighting about but lets stick to the topic at hand please.


    Fire type

    What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

  7. #27
    SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,343
    All that stuff over the word "sucker?" There should be no apology, especially one so depressing as Thor's apology. You were joking around dude, Psukkar shouldn't be so uptight, and Paulbee made it sound like you offended the sanctity of life or something.

    Unbelievably wack.

    On Topic: I have no idea how accurate your new stats are POW, but it's intriguing to try to figure out; thanks! Should there not be a total score or percentage based on the grades?
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif


  8. #28
    If you were to break down the grades and try to get an overall GPA it might lead into the same trap as the number system.
    However, it would tell you how the character ranks as an overall shinobi, in which case people like Shino and Ebisu should do very well,
    and people who might very well beat them in a fight, Konohamaru for example, very poorly.

    He now has rasengan, an S-Rank jutsu, and the former have none of that level.
    I am an artist, and my medium is death. I'm about to create my masterpiece :s



    Fan of the Rasengan Doujutsu theory, even though it's dead. Although, he does have the special Uzumaki clan blood.

    Quote Originally Posted by thorofasgard13 View Post
    Because he's the hero the shinobi world deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. Naruto.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    740
    uhm, technically the rasengan is an a-rank jutsu as is the kage bunshin no jutsu or maybe its b-rank, in any case its jounin level, the rasenshuriken however is S-rank, i put a big/capitol S because its a lot more limited than many other s-rank jutsus.

    and tbh, giving ppl in the manga grades is kinda counter productive bcoz not much of those grades match their performance, as most akatsuki ppl will rank higher than naruto but naruto has shown to outsmart all of them and that is a bit hard to believe when they have so much more battle experience than naruto at the time, there are certainly some ppl in the manga its useless to grades like sasuke and naruto.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Maximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    Posts
    1,813
    With Naruto manga ending in few chapters, I am kind of interested to know how you guys think characters skills grew from they're latest databook stats to they're current skill stats. I''m going to reserve my version for now.
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •