• Great!

3 15.79%
  • Average!

0 0%
  • Meh

0 0%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Where do you keep getting this perceived importance of Marcoh?! Yes, he's important to the WHITEBEARD CREW, since he's (by virtue of their "commander" status) the strongest after Whitebeard---and even that is HIGHLY debateable, given, again, his pitiful performance during the war and defeat of absolutely NO ONE on panel (some importance, eh?)---but I'm talking about his importance to the PLOT of One Piece, as a whole.
    Yeah and the WB crew would still be one of the strongest in the world after Wb's death.

Cant you see how important that is?

For example, I could logically theorize that Hancock has used up all of her importance in One Piece. Is she still important to Amazon Lilly and the Kuja pirates as their strongest warrior and leader? Sure. Does she have more to contribute to the ongoing narrative? Probably not.
    If you really think that Hancock wont play any role in the future,you're deluded.

She has been one of the most held back Shichibukai in the war and we have yet to see her in a serious battle,not to mention her feelings towards Luffy.She's gonna play some role in the future for sure.

And Hancock doesnt affect the OP world near as much as Marco does.

Firstly,Marco being on the same level as the admirals,someone who according to the Gorousei was the only one together with the emperors,who could stop the advance of the BB crew.

He's one of the top strongest people in the world and he's the most likely candidate for the next leader of the Wb crew.You cant possibly compare someone like him to Hancock.

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post

Firstly,Marco being on the same level as the admirals,someone who according to the Gorousei was the only one together with the emperors,who could stop the advance of the BB crew.

He's one of the top strongest people in the world and he's the most likely candidate for the next leader of the Wb crew.You cant possibly compare someone like him to Hancock.
    I don't really think the Whitebeards ever came back together, as if they did they would not have lost all their territory after the war. I think it happened more like it did with Roger's crew, they just dispersed.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

well, i can see the crew staying together. just the main crew, under marco. but who knows really. im hoping we see him again either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by halaros536 View Post
    What?
    I agre tht BB is not an idiot,but he's faaar from an excellent strategist.He's not even a good one.
    His patience and the fact that his goals actually came true according to plan warrants him as a "good" strategist at least imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Where do you keep getting this perceived importance of Marcoh?! Yes, he's important to the WHITEBEARD CREW, since he's (by virtue of their "commander" status) the strongest after Whitebeard---and even that is HIGHLY debateable, given, again, his pitiful performance during the war and defeat of absolutely NO ONE on panel (some importance, eh?)---but I'm talking about his importance to the PLOT of One Piece, as a whole.

For example, I could logically theorize that Hancock has used up all of her importance in One Piece. Is she still important to Amazon Lilly and the Kuja pirates as their strongest warrior and leader? Sure. Does she have more to contribute to the ongoing narrative? Probably not.

THAT'S the boat that I'm stuffing Marcoh on as well. And the fact that neither characer was shown or heard about outside of their respective arcs lends further weight to my theory--Hancock was introduced to fulfill her purpose in the Strawhat Seperation/Impel Down/War of the Best arc, and Marcoh was introduced to fulfill his purpose during the WOB arc.

So to me, the extent of his importance to the story could very well have been his participation in the war--he was the first division commander, fought valiantly alongside his pops, struggled to rescue Ace, and endured the pain of losing them both with the rest of his crew. If that is indeed the case, then his value is spent, and he is ripe for assimilation into the Blackbeard industrial complex.

ALSO: Jinbei, Kuma, Oars Jr., Crocodile(ish), Ivankov, Cody, Trafalgar Law, Jinbei, and Cody would like to have a word with you about the bolded part up there. (And yes, I meant to put Jinbei and Cody twice--their character development earned it)
    Boa just had 3 important appearance on 3 arcs straight. Give the lady a break. MF arc was the first appearance of Marco(excluding the Shanks visit of course) and thus would have little character development compared to Croc, Jinbei, Kuma, Ivankov and Coby as we have met them before. Those people had already character development. And when was the MF arc? Oh yeah that was the last arc. Wanna see Marco right off the bat on the FI arc? The fact that Marco didn't do shit in the war is because his purpose wasn't fulfilled yet. Imo, the mere fact that Marco has a "cool" ability is enough reason for me to believe we will see the guy again. Again, I think Oda won't waste his character as he had saved lesser.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    I don't really think the Whitebeards ever came back together, as if they did they would not have lost all their territory after the war. I think it happened more like it did with Roger's crew, they just dispersed.

Marco and friends lives under WB's wisdom. They are not just pirates, they are family. And they would stick together like family. They have lost their territory because first of all, they just came from a war. Their military force is depleted. This the reason why we never heard of any Yonkou having a serious battle with another Yonkou before cause whether you win or lose, casualties would be big that other Yonkou's or the marines themselves might take advantage of it. And I'm pretty sure they had tried to protect their territory valiantly but their forces just ain't enough. I mean it's not like the BB pirates are the only ones who tried to capture what WB had left.

sig made by me

His patience and the fact that his goals actually came true according to plan warrants him as a "good" strategist at least imo.

Boa just had 3 important appearance on 3 arcs straight. Give the lady a break. MF arc was the first appearance of Marco(excluding the Shanks visit of course) and thus would have little character development compared to Croc, Jinbei, Kuma, Ivankov and Coby as we have met them before. Those people had already character development. And when was the MF arc? Oh yeah that was the last arc. Wanna see Marco right off the bat on the FI arc? The fact that Marco didn't do shit in the war is because his purpose wasn't fulfilled yet. Imo, the mere fact that Marco has a "cool" ability is enough reason for me to believe we will see the guy again. Again, I think Oda won't waste his character as he had saved lesser.

Marco and friends lives under WB's wisdom. They are not just pirates, they are family. And they would stick together like family. They have lost their territory because first of all, they just came from a war. Their military force is depleted. This the reason why we never heard of any Yonkou having a serious battle with another Yonkou before cause whether you win or lose, casualties would be big that other Yonkou's or the marines themselves might take advantage of it. And I'm pretty sure they had tried to protect their territory valiantly but their forces just ain't enough. I mean it's not like the BB pirates are the only ones who tried to capture what WB had left.
    i agree with that BB is not stupid, not a genius but not stupid. also i would still bet my hat that some of the novas have tossed it in with some big names in the new world. one of the 4 emporers or maybe the R.A. or a war lord title. something new maybe? but i agree more than just BB could have taken WB turf.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    i agree with that BB is not stupid, not a genius but not stupid. also i would still bet my hat that some of the novas have tossed it in with some big names in the new world. one of the 4 emporers or maybe the R.A. or a war lord title. something new maybe? but i agree more than just BB could have taken WB turf.
    i bet one some of the supernova's are shibukai
    my bet goes to bonney => she has been captured by Akainu.
    judging on wath he said to her... he might offer her a deal as shibukai
    but then again she said she will never forgive them ....

if the marines are stronger then it has to do with DF . i think vegapunk came up with something new.