Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The infamous Itachi praise about Jiraiya.. implications!!

In part 1 as we all know Kisame and Itachi were talking about Jiraiya and Nine tails fox.

A person from another forum translated it properly and it reads like this. Chapter 144, page 8. He has a thread on the Narutobase fourms of other important translations done wrong, worth a look actually. http://www.narutobase.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=161132

Kisame - You could somehow win, but I couldn't stand up to such an opponent for more than a couple of minutes... It's on a completely different level.
    Itachi - Ah... Either (we) both (he says both/two, meaning him and Kisame) would die, or it would be a draw... The result wouldn't change even if we increased our numbers.
    Kisame - It was good that we found him at the ramen shop... And he has one of the Legendary Sannin as a lucky charm. That guy (Jiraiya) might be a fair match for the strongest Uchiha from Konoha and the Mist's strongest swordsman.
    Itachi - Hmm, even so... It's said that every strong man has a weakness...

Translator comments:Kisame and Itachi were talking about the Kyuubi, not Jiraiya. Kisame brings the topic of Jiraiya up later on in the conversation and Itachi acknowledges that he's strong, but he says that he has a weakness. *girls girls girls*

It seems as if Kisame was babbling on about taking the Kyuubi on, that he couldn't do it more than a couple of minutes but Itachi would have a chance. Itachi states that they both wouldn't stand a chance of winning, even if they increased their numbers. Kisame states that it was lucky to find Naruto in the ramen shop but Jiraiya would pose a problem and Itachi just says; girls girls girls.

Lets look at each prasie and see how the match up would go.

What are kisame's odd of talking on Jiraiya? What are his fighting strategies?
    Spoiler!

He already stated he can't handle the nine tails for long and for good reason hes too strong even Nagato couldnt handle the fox for very long but did waste alot chakra before he fough naruto.

Now on to itachi

Spoiler!

In short its important to understand how shinobi battle what are their strengths. For example Gai still gets crap like "only won becasuse he didnt have samahada" even though Kisame couldn't absorb his attack's chakra(because it isnt chakra). I feel at the end of the day Itachi didn't know exactly what he was getting into by picking a fight with Jiraiya and opted to aviod fighting him as he got the that girl to separate Jiraiya from Naruto.

So ask yourself why would you pick a fight with someone who is regarded to be a strong shinobi worldwide without gaining intelliegence about his abilties. As strong as Jiraiya is he got into all sorts of problems when fighting Nagato, Nagato adimitted he wouldn't have won without having secerts of his own about his fighting style. We still dont know the full story about sage mode and I highly doubt Itachi knew much at all regarding sage mode. ONLY 4 shinobi have used toad sage mode that we are aware of, this is quite staggering. Naruto and Jiraiya are the sages of recent times and the previous other two sages are Ma and Pa frog and they are approx 800 YEARS OLD. So at least 800 years has past until the next two sages appeared (Naruto and Jiraiya). As you can see there's a very short list to the toad sage club. There have been a lot of shinobi that have failed in the past with all those frog stone statues at the toad mountain. Compare this to the MS sharingan users, they have had 4(madara,Izuna,Itachi and Sasuke) occurrences of it in the past 90 YEARS, although it wasn't until 90 years ago that Madara and Izuna were the first to activate the MS, it never the less has a higher rate of probability of it occuring compared to 2 sages over 800 years between Ma/Pa frog and Jiraiya/Naruto.
    Last edited by psukkar; 03-10-2012 at 09:42 AM.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    i'll look into this in depth and response accordingly later but. itachi would've OWNED jiraiya.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

Great thread as usual, and as always I got little else to say then that I agree. The thing was the Itachi was uncertain of the outcome of a battle and smart as he is/was he chose the easy and safe way by taking advantage of Jiraiya's weakness while remaining safe.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post
    i'll look into this in depth and response accordingly later but. itachi would've OWNED jiraiya.
    I think you'll find once you read this, you wont be so sure.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Fun fact: That line by Itachi was anime only not in the manga. Not to mention the obvious Itachi did not want to kill Jiraiya as it would weaken the Leaf and he was the Leafs strongest ninja at the time and a buffer against the Akatsuki.

However for the sake of this thread:

Itachi's main disadvantage against Jiraya is his lack of stamina going up against him is risky and Itachi knew it. If he allowed himself to get dragged into a fight with Jiraiya he would forced to go at full power in order to survive as he could not afford to hold back or he might die himself.

Then his goal of helping Sasuke become a hero would be at a loss so the line may be anime only but it probably rings true that the outcome would be the same.

Also good job on the connection to Jiraiya being defeated by the 6 Pains and Itachi's comment. It makes sense as each of the 6 paths of Pain was equal to an S class ninja.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Itachi and Jiraiya are both amazing and i'm a huge fan of both, but in a fight, It would go to Jiraiya(IMO). I'm know itachi was amazing, but J-man in sage mode should've been able to deal with his tsukuyomi. His Amaterasu would be a real challenge, but being an Earth user(yep i think he was) barricades would be easy to form. No to mention, Itachi would be outnumbered when faced against J-man and all the toads. Susanoo would be the most difficult to deal with especially with the spirit items in play. But then again, if J-man used the toad genjutsu on him, Susanoo or not, he would be down.

I know its a great fan debate, but the part about Kisame being outmatched, that might be ill spoken. Kisame never knew about J-mans sage arts.

Many will say that Itachi is better and more bad ass, and i say, to each his own, but remember, Itachi failed with sasuke, he couldn't help set his brother on the right path. J-man on the other hand, wrote the f'in book. lol. And whats more cool than those Icha icha books. lol

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    Fun fact: That line by Itachi was anime only not in the manga. Not to mention the obvious Itachi did not want to kill Jiraiya as it would weaken the Leaf and he was the Leafs strongest ninja at the time and a buffer against the Akatsuki.

However for the sake of this thread:

Itachi's main disadvantage against Jiraya is his lack of stamina going up against him is risky and Itachi knew it. If he allowed himself to get dragged into a fight with Jiraiya he would forced to go at full power in order to survive as he could not afford to hold back or he might die himself.

Then his goal of helping Sasuke become a hero would be at a loss so the line may be anime only but it probably rings true that the outcome would be the same.

Also good job on the connection to Jiraiya being defeated by the 6 Pains and Itachi's comment. It makes sense as each of the 6 paths of Pain was equal to an S class ninja.
    yea I know that, I ve read the manga particluars with this and I must say the translation we have isnt very good particlarly in trying to fgure what itachi is actually saying. THats why I went along with the anime the dailogue conversion between itachi and kisame on Jiraiya actually makes sense.

This is one of those rare cases where we need to have a look at the originals. There's actually a shop in the city where I leave that gets naruto manga in translated by an offical body. I will take a look at it.
    Last edited by psukkar; 12-23-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Absuki...

I was skimming through and then I just didn't want to read anymore. Sorry.

But! It's always fun when I kinda get the whole point when reading POW's reply.

Jaraiya would have won, I think - people have a tendency to underwhelm him because he is very jokey and lost to Pein. I don't think even the full extent of Jaraiya's power was revealed. However, its worthy to note that Itachi said that both of them combined would cause a stalemate, not just one on one. Besides that, legacy wise, Jaraiya was taught by the most powerful ninja in the series, if that counts for anything. Though if its anything like what we know about Orochimaru, then Jaraiya should not be stronger than Itachi if Orochimaru doubted his ability to defeat Itachi (it happened somewhere, I just really can't remember where).

I mean, the sages have some very curious battle abilities that are deceptively powerful. Itachi's abilities are very well known: Good speed, Magenkyou, Amaterasu, Best Genjutsu, Susanoo, etc. Genjutsu, of course, has no effect on Jaraiya, and that's a big part of Itachi's game, so again, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Absuki...

I was skimming through and then I just didn't want to read anymore. Sorry.

But! It's always fun when I kinda get the whole point when reading POW's reply.
    LOL same here.

Didnt read the whole thing, but ultimately Itachi would surely win. He is simply on a level far above the Sannin and this has been hinted at over and over again. Itachi raped Oro twice who was widely considered to be roughly equal in power to Jiraiya.