Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Theory about Vizards/Arrancar

Hey all Ive been working on this theory for a little bit now and I think I even posted a piece of it somewhere in one of these threads but Im making a thread now (after the chapter has been out for a bit so it doesn't steal the spotlight lol).

K now this is about the origins of Arrancar and Vizards and the difference between them.

Alright so theres Shinigami and Hollows, the two major ends of the spectrum, then theres Arrancar and Vizards somewhere between.

My theory is that the difference between a Vizard and a Arrancar depends on the percentage of Hollow or Shinigami your using at the time...

Alright so theres:

Pure Shinigami - 100% Shinigami power
    Vizard - 66% Shinigami power & 33% Hollow power
    Arrancar - 33% Shinigami power & 66% Hollow power
    Hollow - 100% Hollow power

And as for their released states:

Pure Shinigami
    - Sealed state Zanpakuto
    - Still Shinigami
    - Released Shikai state Zanpakuto
    - Still Shinigami
    - Released Bankai state Zanpakuto
    - Still Shinigami

Vizard
    - Sealed state Zanpakuto
    - Still Shinigami
    - Released Shikai state Zanpakuto
    - Shinigami with mask
    - Released Bankai state Zanpakuto
    - Shinigami with mask
    - Released Bankai state Zanpakuto with mask on
    - ?

Arrancar
    - Sealed state Zanpakuto
    - Human looking
    - Released state Zanpakuto
    - Hollow/Human form

Hollow
    - No real state to release, just always Hollow.

So as you become more Hollow you lose more evolutionary stages, but if you have the ability to use your Hollow power then you can achieve Vizard and Arrancar states you would just need control over the 2 powers, so maybe if Ichigo can control himself better he may be able to go into an arrancar released state...

I believe the Vizards know this but I dont think the Arrancar know this as of yet. Seems like the more Hollow you use the more risk you put yourself in of getting taken over and losing your Shinigami presence.

Leave me feedback about what you think. I'll update the page so it shows an accurate idea of what we all think about this.
    A pie in the sky?

Vizard are shinigami who used forbidden techniques to embrace their hollow side.

Arrancar are hollow that have gained power by eatting other hollow allowing them to become gillians, after that they eat other gillians and become more powerful and take on a humanoid appearance, and I "think" from there they're transformed by Aizen into their arancar state.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkindisaster View Post
    Vizard are shinigami who used forbidden techniques to embrace their hollow side.

Arrancar are hollow that have gained power by eatting other hollow allowing them to become gillians, after that they eat other gillians and become more powerful and take on a humanoid appearance, and I "think" from there they're transformed by Aizen into their arancar state.
    Altough Ichigo became a vaizard by the natural way....

well.. we dont know if Urahara didt it knowing that would happen or if it was just luck... and seeing how urahara knows everything.. I'm guessing he did it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkindisaster View Post

Well this theory isn't really on how they came to be, its more on how Ichigo and co. will be able to change between Arrancar and Vizard modes. I think its possible but Ichigo will probably be the only one who can do it, maybe Shinji too since he can use a hollow move like Cero, seems like he was going more towards the dark side on that one. I kinda got the idea from a super old star wars game I used to play that was like an online fighter game where you can become more evil or more good depending on what you do, forgot the name but it was fun while I played it, but as I got more evil my face changed to all black and red, kinda gross. Just like a arrancar kinda does, physical changes.
    A pie in the sky?

I'm still confused about Vaizard. If they were former shinigami, how come Soul Society don't have their records or notice their appearances in human world?

To be an arrancar,is it so easy? Just eat a lot of low hollows to become either gilian, adjucha, and vasto lorde? After that, use Hougyoku or just breaks his/her mask?

I wonder is there any Vasto Lorde in the current Espada?

Let's Enjoy Your Meal in Kenpachi Fried Chicken!

I personally believe that each person has their own Zanpakutou and inner hollow. Basically when one dies and becomes a soul both things remain dormant, then depending on how things turn out the soul becomes a Hollow or a Shinigami, or it goes to SS where some kind of aura suppresses the hollows of the residents and they stay as a regular soul or become Shinigami. Reverse can be said for souls who go to HM as we've already seen Inoue's brother get taken to HM and turned into a hollow.

So Shinigami all have a dormant Hollow who may disappear over time while hollows have dormant Zapakutou spirits. So to put it more simply, see the Shinigami as Courage, Bravery and Wisdom. See the Hollow as Savagery, Instinct and Lust. The human is the consciousness, which feelings he chooses to harbour will lead to different paths. Now I believe that the Hollow and Zanpakutou are separate parts of the Human, thus why each Hollow or Shingami have a Form or Zanpakutou which reflect their personality. So there is the regular soul who is weak and fragile, when the human taps into either of his spirits he gains a power boost.

So to sum it all up Zanpakutou and Hollow spirits are within everyone and they tap into them to gain boosts in strength. Vaizards are Shinigami who choose to tap into the power of the Hollows and must awaken then subdue them to make sure they don't take over and turn the Shinigami berserk. Arrancar on the other hand are Hollows who have absorbed the power of their Zanpakutou.
    Quote Originally Posted by xion2 View Post
    facts don't always have to be true

Quote Originally Posted by 12LetterName View Post
    I personally believe that each person has their own Zanpakutou and inner hollow. Basically when one dies and becomes a soul both things remain dormant, then depending on how things turn out the soul becomes a Hollow or a Shinigami, or it goes to SS where some kind of aura suppresses the hollows of the residents and they stay as a regular soul or become Shinigami. Reverse can be said for souls who go to HM as we've already seen Inoue's brother get taken to HM and turned into a hollow.

So Shinigami all have a dormant Hollow who may disappear over time while hollows have dormant Zapakutou spirits. So to put it more simply, see the Shinigami as Courage, Bravery and Wisdom. See the Hollow as Savagery, Instinct and Lust. The human is the consciousness, which feelings he chooses to harbour will lead to different paths. Now I believe that the Hollow and Zanpakutou are separate parts of the Human, thus why each Hollow or Shingami have a Form or Zanpakutou which reflect their personality. So there is the regular soul who is weak and fragile, when the human taps into either of his spirits he gains a power boost.

So to sum it all up Zanpakutou and Hollow spirits are within everyone and they tap into them to gain boosts in strength. Vaizards are Shinigami who choose to tap into the power of the Hollows and must awaken then subdue them to make sure they don't take over and turn the Shinigami berserk. Arrancar on the other hand are Hollows who have absorbed the power of their Zanpakutou.
    I can't believe it!! That's just exactly what I was going to write!! Exactly the same theory!

Quote Originally Posted by 12LetterName View Post

Yeah I agree with you, its just like my theory.

I see it as more or less Ying and Yang, as humans we have a balanced equilibrium but if we do good things or bad things in life it will affect the balance and when we die we either become hollows or shinigami. Then you can affect your "state" by controlling the amount of Hollow in you or Shinigami to either become a vizard or an arrancar.

I'm still confused about Vaizard. If they were former shinigami, how come Soul Society don't have their records or notice their appearances in human world?

To be an arrancar,is it so easy? Just eat a lot of low hollows to become either gilian, adjucha, and vasto lorde? After that, use Hougyoku or just breaks his/her mask?

I wonder is there any Vasto Lorde in the current Espada?
    henrikoez to answer your questions in terms of my theory...

Vizards aren't neccessarily former Shinigami in the sense that they were in the Gotei 13 and then left but in most cases it seems like this would be the fact. All a Vizard needs is to have shinigami and hollow powers (which everyone has) and the ability to control them well (which you would get if you went to the Gotei 13 or maybe trained in HM). There are plenty of people living in SS that aren't shinigami but probably have the potential to be one if they trained hard enough, its just that the ones with a naturally high reiatsu and fighting ability are usually the only ones to get in right away.

And to be an arrancar you can become one at gillian, adjuuca, or VL level (and im thinking hollow level too) you just have to remove your mask by force or use the hyogyoku to take the mask off. Im guessing that the hyogyoku takes off the hollows mask more "perfectly" than they would if they do it by force and thus keeping most of their power intact and not losing any of it due to an imperfect removal. I think Aizen's trying to make a perfect arrancar or something with that thing.

My new question is why do arrancar need to have removed their mask for? Aren't hollows just one big mask? Do they just tear off their faces or does it have some kind of symbolic meaning?

Interesting how Shinigami have to call out their mask to become Vizards yet Hollows have to take theirs off to become Arrancar lol.
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by gin0va View Post
    Altough Ichigo became a vaizard by the natural way....
    I kinda think the technique Urahara used might be forbidden.