Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    shinobi

Ichigo & Captains vs Espada

What i don't understand is Ichigo managed to fight Kuchiki Byakuya more or less on par when he gain his Bankai. But he had to get 'Hollowed' before he can be even on similiar power level as Espadas like Grimmjow.

Whilst later on, we see that Kuchiki Byakuya can defeat an Espada quite easily?

The 12th Division Captain, Kurotsuchi Mayuri also defeated an Espada pretty fast.

I don't if i mis-read something, or is there a difference in the power levels of captains when they are in Hueco Mundo. Sorry if this is a silly question.

You really think that captains just stood around and did nothing between the time of the SS arc and the current arc? Not only did they have 3 captains defeated, 3 more left the ranks. Of course they had to get stronger just in case something like the Soul Society incident were to happen again. So the power levels of the captains rising is understandable.

In Haruhi-sama's *worships* Grace and Guiding Light
    I've wrote about this a dozen times already but to go in simple:
    Mayuri was fighting a weak Espada and was totally prepared for it (he had been watching the fight)

Zomari's ability is crap against byakuya's shikai or bankai (he would have had an easier time if he didn't released)

Ichigo went hollow against Byakuya and dealt severe damage to him in that state.

Ichigo is at captain level but his bankai is still too...immature to say the least, so he had to go hollow on grimmjow.

and before you start Ichigo was also using inner hollow powers against Kenpachi

Let the pervert inside of you awaken!

Join the SOS Brigade or else...

You may be good, but I'm Draciel!

May Haruhi-sama *worships* save us all

Also... can't we just say that each fighter has their own quirks that may or may not work against certain enemies? I mean, really, just because they're stronger doesn't mean they'll be much more of a challenge pending the techniques which they use to fight.

Like was said before, Zomari v. Byakuya, Zomari could probably be a match for anyone if he had just taken control of the god damn head from the get-go, but Byakuya released his zanpaktou and he didn't stand a chance controlling anything.

The only way Ichigo even stood a chance against Byakuya and Kenpachi was because of his Inner-Hollow powers .... If it wasn't for them he would probably be dead right now. But on a 2nd note - Byakuya is just Legendary!

Dont forget ichigo could have died against ranji if the hollow mask didn't appear at the right moment. The same thing happened when he fought Kenpachi.

There have been quite a few of us that have offered some pretty damn good explanations to what you're asking about boyceteoh, but you're new to the boards so I don't think you've seen them. I'm too lazy to find them right now, but you can look through my previous posts and find em. If anything, I'll probably find them later tonight and post em here. I think we did a good job of clearing up the power discrepancies.

Ichigo's victories over Renji, Kenpachi, and Byakuya were all because of his inner hollow. Uryu barely beat Mayuri and lost his powers because of it.

Ichigo lost to Grimmjow at first because of his fear that his inner Hollow would take over, but once he gained control of it he was able to win.

Byakuya v. Zommari was a complete mismatch. Byakuya's ablities were perfectly suited to counter Zommari's and thus he won.

Mayuri v. Szayel Aporro was just a bit of bad luck on Szayel's part and good preparation skills on Mayuri's. Szayel wasn't really fit for combat compared to Mayuri anyways.

It's also very possible the captains went into an overhaul and trained their asses off and that's why they make the Espada look stupid. Personally I hope that's the case and might as well be.

When Hitsugaya came to the real world he showcased some impressive moves. The Ryusenka move he used against Shawlong and The Thousand Year Ice Prison he used agianst Luppi. Thinking about it now, Byakuya's bankai had a new form Gokei, I think it was called.

I'm going to agree with Afro Thunda and say that the captains got stronger inbetween the end of SS arc and when they invaded HM. Which gives me high hopes for the upcoming fights against Aizen and his allies.

Yeah, it's all weird, now I'm thinking, should we even be concerned about the captains in the fake Karakura Town or will they probably just take care of all these opponents some how. Plus Ichigo is probably going to defeat a released Ulquiorra with some bs powerup.

I fully agree with sasori.