Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jiraiya the so6p TRUE successor

This is a correlation I have been thinking about for sometime just though I'd share and see what others think. Just thought I'd quicky mention what successor means from a dictionary.
    1.[noun] a person who follows next in order; "he was President Lincoln's successor"
    2.[noun] a thing or person that immediately replaces something or someone
    3.[noun] a person who inherits some title

Lets first look at Jiraiya's life goals and key pupils.
    Spoiler!

Now lets look at the visual and shinobi skills side
    Spoiler!

Conclusions
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by psukkar; 06-14-2012 at 04:46 AM.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Representation? Yes. Successor? I don't think so. Kishi does this sort of thing all the time, look at the Sannin, the Forth Hokage's team, and Team 7.

And so6p's third child should be a daughter
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

I like the correlation between the two, Jiraiya's horns on his helmet lend this weight. Nagato being an Uzumaki aswell as Naruto fits in well with the decline of the older Sons attitudes and the predominance of the younger sons ideals spreading across the Ninja world.

I am not really a fan of the 3 sons idea, as it has been stated that the Senju and the Uzumaki were decendents of the younger brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    Representation? Yes. Successor? I don't think so. Kishi does this sort of thing all the time, look at the Sannin, the Forth Hokage's team, and Team 7.

And so6p's third child should be a daughter
    he does but this is most intresting dont u agree?

Man I hate your threads @psukkar, hardly anything to argue with

I kinda agree with @aggeroff tho, that successor might be a bit to much, but I definitively agree with you. Jiraya is the modern "image" of SO6P. Same basic story, same stereotypical types students and the same ideals and goal, and actually a similar way to pass his heritage down, by thrusting and giving his students the torch.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post

I kinda agree with @aggeroff tho, that successor might be a bit to much, but I definitively agree with you. Jiraya is the modern "image" of SO6P. Same basic story, same stereotypical types students and the same ideals and goal, and actually a similar way to pass his heritage down, by thrusting and giving his students the torch.
    yea lol,

He really is the only guy in the series that actually continued on with this mission.

Although one could say hasihrama did also try. He did unite the villages and there was peace for time. Until madara wanted to change things that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post

Jiraiya "inherited" SO6P's ideals, albeit not his abilities or power.

Naruto on the other hand Has Inherited his Will, and May also inherit his power.

Psukkar this is a BAD thread. Whooaah! Hear me out.

Kishimoto (who regularly LURKS Mangashare), is going to read this thread, and just because of you, he's going to change the image of SO6P's face from the likeness of Jiraiya (mark my words) to Orochimaru's likeness, just so as to prove you wrong.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Kishimoto (who regularly LURKS Mangashare)
    Is this confirmed? Some chapters definitely seem like Kishi was reading the prediction thread the week before.

Haha

I am so glad I am not the only one who has these terrible thoughts... But if you read any of the other forums you start to realize the authors really only have to any manga forum discussing their manga and they have essentially read them all. Sure there are unique theories here and there... But Kishi created this series. He creates the questions and through the use of foreshadowing he suggests answers. I for one have wondered many times if mangaka read forums... I bet they do. I just dont think we have an effect on the outcome. Has the world truly become so small that a japanese comic artist can change his vision based on what his secondary american audience predicts will happen next? I do not think so. Which brings us back to most forums speculate the same things regardless of what language being used because the authors create the questions. They reveal little bits of information slowly like a mystery. To have this all make sense the mangaka must have this planned out. He or she cannot just change their story to suit the audiences predictive capabilities. The mangaka counted on you having amazing predictive capabilities from the beginning. These guys know what you are going to predict at the least weeks before you ever do post your theory some place like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Jiraiya "inherited" SO6P's ideals, albeit not his abilities or power.

Naruto on the other hand Has Inherited his Will, and May also inherit his power.

Psukkar this is a BAD thread. Whooaah! Hear me out.

Kishimoto (who regularly LURKS Mangashare), is going to read this thread, and just because of you, he's going to change the image of SO6P's face from the likeness of Jiraiya (mark my words) to Orochimaru's likeness, just so as to prove you wrong.
    lol,

That would be quite funny,

But the visual connections on jiraiya's forehead protector always was meant to represent his ideals were the sage's too from long ago.