View Poll Results: WILL SHE SHOW us what shes got?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • She will just heal

13 18.06%
  • shell be an okay fighter

6 8.33%
  • SHE WILL MURDER

53 73.61%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: RETSU gonna PWN

being a kido master would be pretty awesome, I mean if Rukia (or whoever) was amazed by byakuya's kido, then I would want to see a true master with all the kido under her belt.
    http://http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s122/hyrulesengulfingdark/ichigo.jpg

That would be absolutely amazing, the entire execution squad rush at her and her just stands there smiling them BAM! 200 ton bricks fall on the Arrancar, she orders her Lieutenant to take Chad and leaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by xion2 View Post
    facts don't always have to be true

Im sure Unohana has been through many wars and battles before while in the gotei 13 so shes definately capable of fighting and her experience probably will enable her to win 90% of the time, unless the opponent is unrealistically stronger and just kills everything. She'll win. Lets just hope she fights, or if not fight then just quickly owns them before leaving
    A pie in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by DonMegaPLP View Post
    I like the way you look at things, but it's been hinted that Unohana has been a captain just as long or longer than Ukitake and Kyoraku (who did go through school before becoming shinigami. Genryuusai actually said that they were the first of his graduates to become captains). That means neither one of them are "original". I dont think anyone including Genryuusai are of the original Gotei 13. SS has existed since the beginning of time. So the originals have either died of old age (shinigami do age, just extremely slowly, then return to earth as new souls to start the cycle over blah blah blah) or died in battle.
    It's strongly implied in canon that Ukitake and Kyouraku are among the first, if not the first, captains in the Gotei 13. Sure, they did have to go through school and all, so that implies that there were shinigami around who were more senior (someone had to teach ^^). The fact that it's implied that the school was new when they were around sort of suggests that shinigami-fication (the process of becoming a recognized shinigami) wasn't so organized prior to the establishment of the "shinigami academy". The way I see, shinigami at that time probably attained their position the rough and tumble way, a la Kenpachi.

Actually, now that I think of it, I don't think even old man Genryuusai is one of the original — he's old as hell and definitely powerful, but he's not God. The chances of him being around "since the beginning of time" doesn't seem probable. Still, I don't think any of the "prehistoric" shinigami came close to matching him. ^^

But still I like your classifications Sr, Vet, and Rookies (rookie sounds better than "newb"... lol). Though this is hard to classify because what actually determines the grade? Time? Well most of the current Gotei 13 caps came into power during the 100 years. Let me take a shot at it, making exceptions where needed.

Rookie Captains; Hitsugaya, Mayuri, Soi Fon
    Vet Captains; Byakuya (technically rookie, not skill wise though), Kenpachi, Komamura
    Sr. Captains; Genryuusai, Unohana, Ukitake, Kyoraku
    This is the intarweb! I had to put the word newbies in there somewhere. ^^

Actually, I believe it is implied in the Bleach manga Character Poll, volume 24 tankoubon that Byakuya has been a captain for than 50 years prior to the Soul Society arc (Gin also became a captain at around the same time). I can't find a copy of that said tankoubon myself, but if anyone can confirm, that would be nice. We do know that he "played tag" with Yoruichi when he was a kid, so he's a relatively young shinigami (Soifon, in contrast, was promoted to captain roughly 100 years prior to the Bleach storyline).

As for Kenpachi, we know that Tousen was a captain when he defeated and killed the previous 11th Division captain.

But to say Unohana "may" not be strong because she is part of squad 4 is ridiculous. She's a captain for a reason, and shes probably been one for a long time which would stress her experience. All members of the 4th squad are combat trained as much as any other shinigami, except their kido is probably focued more on healing and spatial abilities as Isane demonstrated. Besides, have any of you seen her zanpakuto? That things pretty big to not be able to deal damage... it's huge.

And yeah, notice how Aizen kept his distance and how respect he showed her while just speaking to her. Aizen tends not to respect anyone he considers "trash", at best he talks down to them like he did with Hitsugaya, and Renji. That wasnt the case with her.
    I couldn't agree more. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by afro thunda View Post
    Wow OldChemist, you really think Unohana became a captain by being able to heal only? I seriously doubt that. If she's not so adept at fighting, I bet she's got an arsenal of Kido spells at her fingertips. Actually, I think Kido fits her perfectly now. What do you guys think?
    I don't think she's a terrible fighter. I said I think she'd be able to hold her own, meaning she can fight, just not at the level of say Byakuya, Zaraki, etc. I don't think she's a captain because she's a highly skilled fighter, rather I think she's a captain because she posses' the rare ability of the medical way.

And that she can shoot lazer beams out of her eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by xion2 View Post
    facts don't always have to be true

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post

Actually, I believe it is implied in the Bleach manga Character Poll, volume 24 tankoubon that Byakuya has been a captain for than 50 years prior to the Soul Society arc (Gin also became a captain at around the same time). I can't find a copy of that said tankoubon myself, but if anyone can confirm, that would be nice. We do know that he "played tag" with Yoruichi when he was a kid, so he's a relatively young shinigami (Soifon, in contrast, was promoted to captain roughly 100 years prior to the Bleach storyline).

Hmm well I'm pretty sure Rukia has been a shinigami for 40 years. And I believe I remember her saying Gin and Byakuya had been prompted to Captain "30 years ago", ten years after she had been accepted in the Kuchiki family. I might be incorrect, but it's sticking out in my head. But that might not make sense, if Byakuya was Ukitake's luitenent... wasnt he? Because Rukia joined squad 13 while Kaien was vice-cap, and if he was there, then Byakuya had already ascended to captain of squad 6... confusing. You might be right about the 50 year mark.

As for Soi Fon, we really dont know when she became captain, but we do know Yoruichi left SS 100 year ago. I dont think Soi Fon had reached captain-class at that point. We know at some point throughout the last 100 years she became captain. Remember she even admited that her Shikai wasnt fully developed when Yoruichi was around, so to say she had achieved and masterd Bankai (a requirement for captain) any time soon after Yoruichi left is quite unlikely (seeing as its supposed to take 10 years after achieving Bankai to master it properly). So I'd say at best she's been captain of squad 2 for the last 85 years if (assuming it took her 5 years to master her shikai and achieve bankai, then an addition 10 years to master it). And thats at best.

But stature alone Soi Fon doesnt strike me as even a mid-teer captain

Wahh you guys a nuts trying to figure out the Bleach timeline, its so big and variable. Kudos though.

Im thinking Unohana will just immediately knock them out or he vice will use some awesome kidou to incompacitate them, some super high level binding jutsu.
    A pie in the sky?

I think the Vice Captain will fight instead of her cuz she's going to heal Rukia I think.

Quote Originally Posted by roflohtehnoez View Post
    I don't think we've actually seen a true kido 'master,' yet in the manga/animated series, right?
    Aizen?
    Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes