View Poll Results: Rate this chapter!

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • |5| Excellent

    8 42.11%
  • |4| Good

    5 26.32%
  • |3| Average

    5 26.32%
  • |2| Bad

    0 0%
  • |1| Terrible

    1 5.26%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Why.

    Does Ginjou.

    Have 'Bankai'.

    If anyone has that ASCII pic of capt. Picard holding his head, please do share.
    Seriously? Were you paying attention at all? He's a substitute shinigami, so it makes perfect sense that he has bankai.

    Otherwise ok chapter, but way too short. Kubo's explanation of Ichigo's behavior felt a bit contrived. I also agree with Zero that Ichigo's bankai had looked better on one page, and it looks like shit.

    Also, something about kuroihikari wrote... I kind of wonder though, if Ichigo is as dumb as he claims to be, then why can he come to such insightful conclusions?
    Last edited by LeaT; 11-30-2011 at 09:48 PM.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  2. #22
    Senior Member SquadZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Seriously? Were you paying attention at all? He's a substitute shinigami, so it makes perfect sense that he has bankai.

    Otherwise ok chapter, but way too short. Kubo's explanation of Ichigo's behavior felt a bit contrived. I also agree with Zero that Ichigo's bankai had looked better on one page, and it looks like shit.

    Also, something about kuroihikari wrote... I kind of wonder though, if Ichigo is as dumb as he claims to be, then why can he come to such insightful conclusions?
    seriously. stop taking everything I am going to say.

    I'll say it anyway, chapter was good but too short. I was expecting more out of Ichigo's bankai, his new shikai had a simple sort of elegance to it, his bankai is just loud and looks like a pre-pubescent teenage boy designed it--especially his zanpakuto. Trying for too much there, it is completely at odds with how his zapakuto worked. Tensa zangetsu was the epitome of a sandbagger. Understated design belying the strength and speed it possess. This whole get up just screams of trying to be a badass. I am disappointed.

    Also, Ichigo isn't dumb. He's just not a quick thinker. He has a slow methodical way of thinking, which is at odds with his mostly rash temperament.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    25
    I liked it.

    I think Ginjo's Bankai is that of his own, just fused with a small amount of Ichigo's power and the ability to use the attacks that Ichigo was capable of using while in his fullbring form.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Man finally 2 bankai's at once in one chapter for a long time!... ginjou's bankai looks menacing and he looks freaking crazy. He looks like some character from diablo series lols... A Barabarian!.. I like ichigo's new bankai look with the exception of the gloves... But the sword gave me goose bumps i liked it better than before imo... its for jagged and seems more longer and intimidating the the simpler look it previously had and the guard is much bigger i think, its hidden, is still there a chain? i sure hope so!

    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Windz View Post
    I liked it.

    I think Ginjo's Bankai is that of his own, just fused with a small amount of Ichigo's power and the ability to use the attacks that Ichigo was capable of using while in his fullbring form.
    His shinigami abilities apparently are fused with his fullbring... ginjou just took the surface of it like rukia explained last time not the core which is ichigo's true source of power.. That is why kubo probably imo emphasizes with the X's... It designates ichigo's fullbring and also its present on ginjou because he took some of ichigo's reiryoku... ginjou is really creepy i hope he gets his ass wiped


    I think ichigo is becoming more and more mature as time passes by... I remember him saying that his father doesn't need to explain anything up until isshin is ready to divulge everything to him during the aizen arc and didn't yell or act like a brat trying to get his dad to spout the "truth" out of him.... he showed his patience there...now he is showing his trust and understanding towards ukitake(after all he is just doing his job to protect humans that are close proximity to ichigo's massive reiatsu that could kill them or any other good reasons).... also i believe ichigo isn't dumb... he was one of the top of his class in academics and in battle situations he could analyze gin's bankai right of the bat... the only thing is sometimes he rushes things without using his intellect and previously he gets his emotions on the way... which leads to trouble... he is just to rush with things sometimes...he should use his head like he did now... it just makes him more calm and stronger
    Last edited by my2kb22; 11-30-2011 at 11:06 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Temperjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,282
    I wonder if Ichigo can still talk to Zangetsu, or if Zangetsu is gone. Honestly, it's not that Ichigo is more intelligent than the others, it's that he knows how to simplify situations to their basic essentials, while smarter people are thinking too much about the situation and all the ramifications of it.

    I have to admit, I like his bankai's outfits, although, I'm not as fond of his bankai's sword.

  6. #26
    Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Posts
    505
    I think a lot people are being too hard on kubo and bleach. The arc is interesting. Ichigo's new Bankai looks awesome, I just think it could've been shorter...in the double page shot his bankai looks long as hell. I will say his outfit is a little over the top, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Ginjo going into Bankai isnt shocking at all seeing as how he was Ichigo before there was Ichigo...meaning a substitute shinigami. Ginjo shouldnt be a push over, but the captains should be able to jump in now if thing start going bad for Ichigo. Ginjo's bankai design and outfit beats Ichigo's hand down.

    Lastly, did anyone else notice that when Ginjo went into Bankai his hair turned white?
    FOOLS!!!!!


    Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

  7. #27
    The Heropon! Sirxxx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hammerspace
    Posts
    864
    Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Seriously? Were you paying attention at all? He's a substitute shinigami, so it makes perfect sense that he has bankai.
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    seriously. stop taking everything I am going to say.
    Yeah, no.

    Ginjou has not and has never been shown to use, carry, or fight with a ZANPAKTU! He uses his fullbring. Or were you not paying any attention to THAT? He was VERY likely granted his substitute shinigami status because of his fullbringing abilities. So in what way does that justify him now suddenly whipping out a Bankai, a fighting form dependent ENTIRELY on being in touch with one's inner soul...weapon...thing, materializing it in the form of a Soul Slayer, then mastering it to perfection?

    THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!



    Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

  8. #28
    Serial Killer Next Door LeaT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    1,378
    Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    seriously. stop taking everything I am going to say.

    I'll say it anyway, chapter was good but too short. I was expecting more out of Ichigo's bankai, his new shikai had a simple sort of elegance to it, his bankai is just loud and looks like a pre-pubescent teenage boy designed it--especially his zanpakuto. Trying for too much there, it is completely at odds with how his zapakuto worked. Tensa zangetsu was the epitome of a sandbagger. Understated design belying the strength and speed it possess. This whole get up just screams of trying to be a badass. I am disappointed.

    Also, Ichigo isn't dumb. He's just not a quick thinker. He has a slow methodical way of thinking, which is at odds with his mostly rash temperament.
    Because I got hax mind reading skillz?

    Also I guess I agree with you about Ichigo. I just think it's funny how he sees himself as stupid (and people around him too, to a degree), even though Kubo actually attempted to emphasize he is not your stereotypical average shounen hero with an IQ sub 80 by telling the readers that Ichigo is actually good in school.
    Avatar and signature by me.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Temperjoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirxxx View Post
    Yeah, no.

    Ginjou has not and has never been shown to use, carry, or fight with a ZANPAKTU! He uses his fullbring. Or were you not paying any attention to THAT? He was VERY likely granted his substitute shinigami status because of his fullbringing abilities. So in what way does that justify him now suddenly whipping out a Bankai, a fighting form dependent ENTIRELY on being in touch with one's inner soul...weapon...thing, materializing it in the form of a Soul Slayer, then mastering it to perfection?
    We don't know a whole lot regarding Ginjou's past yet, so it's a little early to call BS on his Bankai. Perhaps the sword we've seen as his fullbring is also his Shikai-form Zanpakuto?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    We don't know a whole lot regarding Ginjou's past yet, so it's a little early to call BS on his Bankai. Perhaps the sword we've seen as his fullbring is also his Shikai-form Zanpakuto?
    Precisely nobody here even knows the full background of ginjou, except that he is the former substitute shinigami.... Its either he was given that status because he can use fullbring or that he has shinigami powers as well...or both heehe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •