• Sure she is relevant she.... Ill get back to you

12 52.17%
  • NarutoXSakura forever!

1 4.35%
  • A wet paper bag of cats may be more useful but its too late to kill her off

10 43.48%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Saukra...Why?

The problem with Sakura is the same as Tsunade's. They may be doing stuff, but Kishi doesn't let us see what it is.

I'm sure that Sakura will have her time in the limelight in the inevitable reunion of team 7, but for now, she's just a support character.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroihikari View Post
    The problem with Sakura is the same as Tsunade's. They may be doing stuff, but Kishi doesn't let us see what it is.

I'm sure that Sakura will have her time in the limelight in the inevitable reunion of team 7, but for now, she's just a support character.
    I have no doubt that she will have her shot in the limelight. Here is the rub tho, what can she do? said from say, "Sasuke Kun...." as Naruto will begin to fight him.

I have have said before that I want her to be important she hasnt had an impact on the story. She even admitted she was weak and cant doing anything in the inevitable fight

http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereadi...erver=nas.html

So Kishimoto has basically written her out of the major chunk of the remaining story until probably the end, or the lead up to the fight... So What can I say? Unless she learns Super Sayian 3 and can help stop Sasuke, she will end up being the wet paper bag of kittens I always knew she was but wish she wasnt.

EPIC!!!

I think her role is to not have a role.

We still remember she exists right and we all dont like her. Thats a good as role as any lol.

Another one of her roles is show naruto why he better off not falling for her.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroLT View Post
    So Kishimoto has basically written her out of the major chunk of the remaining story until probably the end, or the lead up to the fight... So What can I say? Unless she learns Super Sayian 3 and can help stop Sasuke, she will end up being the wet paper bag of kittens I always knew she was but wish she wasnt.
    Well, she was directly "touched" by the Kyubi's chakra when Naruto went 4-tails, so the next time you see her angry she might have some reddish glow ;P.

Anyway, she has the same role as Tsunade had for Jiraya and Oro, and that is an observer of their fight and it's results.

If it wasn't Sakura, it's be someone else that was hated and considered weak. Have we forgotten the part where she crushed the Zetsu clone that was trying to sneak up on her? And what about her battle with Satori? Yeah, she has spent a lot of time in a secondary role in the series, but that's because she still has her mentor to learn from, while Naruto and Sasuke don't.

I actually think that a lot of this hatred for her is actually bleed-over hatred that people have for Sasuke's character, since some of the pivotal moments that we've seen from her have been involving Sasuke. She's not my favorite character, but I don't think that it's fair to throw this level of vitriol at her.

Also, could someone fix the title of the thread?

EDIT: Incidentally, back on the fact that she wasn't tricked by the Zetsu clone, she's one of the few in the entire army that managed to stop a Zetsu clone when it was disguised.

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    If it wasn't Sakura, it's be someone else that was hated and considered weak. Have we forgotten the part where she crushed the Zetsu clone that was trying to sneak up on her? And what about her battle with Satori? Yeah, she has spent a lot of time in a secondary role in the series, but that's because she still has her mentor to learn from, while Naruto and Sasuke don't.

I actually think that a lot of this hatred for her is actually bleed-over hatred that people have for Sasuke's character, since some of the pivotal moments that we've seen from her have been involving Sasuke. She's not my favorite character, but I don't think that it's fair to throw this level of vitriol at her.

Also, could someone fix the title of the thread?

EDIT: Incidentally, back on the fact that she wasn't tricked by the Zetsu clone, she's one of the few in the entire army that managed to stop a Zetsu clone when it was disguised.
    Sakura is a flawed character in the series, she is in love with a man who tried to kill her and has never reciprocated her feelings of love back to her, ever. I want to see her evolve past, "oh how I miss Sasuke Kun, I wonder if the next time I see Naruto, he will have Sasuke with him, I hope he can bring them back, I hate Ino, etc" persona to something more useful, more evolved and pivotal to the series.

As for Sasuke as a character, he is the typical evil character who will see the error of his ways but it will be too late to do anything about it. He changed as a character, he was always serious and really didnt think much of anyone, but at this point he tried to kill Karin because she was useless enough to get captured by danzou and left her to die, cold as ice. At this point in the series, he will kill anyone indiscriminately, if it brings him closer to Avenging his family. Its was a slow decline from Punk-ass kid to cold blooded, board-line fanatical killer in some twisted version of avenging his clan even though Itachi never wanted it for him.

While, you may not think its fair that I lay so much at her footstep for being useless and a literal waste of space. I say, as a character, she is the same since the series started. Flawed, in love with a man who will kill her the next chance he gets. Wants everything to go back to normal but we all know it can't and probably won't.

Its difficult for me to want to like her, I honestly do want to care what happens to her... its just every time she is on panel, she doesn't do anything to make me think,"I wonder what will happen with her next" That my biggest problem, I dont care because 9/10 times its still, "I believe in Naruto, he will risk his life and bring Sasuke back to me so I can be happy and not let him have none of this because its all for Sasuke and no one else"

EPIC!!!

You know she's not really that much different from a main female character in any other Manga. (Rukia is the best example of that)
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

In this Manga, any character who's not in current or constant interaction with Naruto is going to appear relegated, this is true of Iruka, Kakashi, Lee, Neji, Tsunade, as well as Sakura. Sakura's main significance, if she is not Killed off, will be as the Third Person of the Naru-Sas-Saku trio. She could also become the faithful love interest to a Redeemed Sasuke,

To my mind, Sasuke's redemption will require massive Talk-No-Jutsu+Kyuubi Flanored Knuckle Pies, and Sakura's affection. So please don't write her out yet.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    In this Manga, any character who's not in current or constant interaction with Naruto is going to appear relegated, this is true of Iruka, Kakashi, Lee, Neji, Tsunade, as well as Sakura. Sakura's main significance, if she is not Killed off, will be as the Third Person of the Naru-Sas-Saku trio. She could also become the faithful love interest to a Redeemed Sasuke,

To my mind, Sasuke's redemption will require massive Talk-No-Jutsu+Kyuubi Flanored Knuckle Pies, and Sakura's affection. So please don't write her out yet.
    Perhaps...In the end, I just wish she mattered more is all, really when it comes down to it. Hell, Shikamaru and his fight with Hidan was far more intersting then anything she has done, and that was a long ass time ago

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Temperjoke View Post
    Have we forgotten the part where she crushed the Zetsu clone that was trying to sneak up on her?

I would not count that as giving too much credence to her character, after all she was given some pretty big clues that 'Neji' did not know who or what Ton Ton was. I said at the time that even Naruto would have thought something was up if Neji started asking if Ton Ton could form seals, so it is not a major feat for her to have caught that.

Its just as Kankaru said to Naruto during the Gaara retreval - "the girls that go for the cool elite types are usually the weakest....."
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.