12 52.17%
  • NarutoXSakura forever!

1 4.35%
  • A wet paper bag of cats may be more useful but its too late to kill her off

10 43.48%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Saukra...Why?

Saukra...Why?

I have had a problem with Sakura for a while now as a character for a handful of reason. uselessness, almost no relevant impact on story, still in love with sasuke even after he tried to kill her twice. Looking back on the series as a whole from what I can remember after all 564 chapters is a lot to remember, after everything Naruto, Kakashi, Sasuke and hell even Shikamaru have more character development then Sakura and have been through more as the story continues on. I keep asking myself, Why is here?

While some may dismiss me as a Sakura hater and a Hinata sympathizer by default. My whole problem with her is simple, Why is she around?

Her direct impact on the story can be relegated to about 3 key parts, Sakura asking Naruto to bring back Sasuke, Sakura attempting to kill Sasuke and failing at the last second, and Telling naruto she loves him to get him to stop trying to bring Sasuke back and relieve him of his burden/promise to her(There may be more, but I can't think of any)

There is one notion that she is around to fuel a love triangle angle between Her, Naruto and Sasuke. But there is nothing there. Sakura loves Sasuke and no one else, to a fault. She thinks of Naruto as a close friend but little else. In order for a love triangle to work, she has to have at least some feelings for Naruto other then friendship but she doesn't.

I want to ask you guys, in the way the story has been developed, is Sakura relevant at all? Will have has a major impact on the story?

EPIC!!!

She is just a role player in the Sanin mirror triumvirate. In the end she could become an advisor to Hokage Naruto, or the mother of a new generation of Uchiha babies.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

every time this comes up I just say to my self, one day, one day. u hioe she becomes more important as a character, doesnt seem likely but we can hope.

current reading: Naruto:shipuuden, Bleach, Fairytails, Historys strongest diciple kenichi,
    berzerk, deadman wonderland, claymore, hunter x hunter, gantz, blue exorcist, one piece, zetman, witch hunter, liar game, and vagabond ..... I need more!

You guys just don't seem to get it. Right now she's like those teenagers who fall in love with a guy, but not just any guy, no. They fall for the biggest dick around, and after they convince themselves that they love the guy and "give it up" they get dumped. During this point of inflection, they realise that their buddy was the right guy all along......................And lets hope so, because they tend to bounce from douches to guys that are too nice.

Hope this helps, also, as you may or may not be able to tell, I think the NarutoxSakura thing will happen eventually. I'm fed up of Naruto taking a back stage and putting Sasuke first.

That is one of the problems I have with the Character, she could be so much more then the chick who Says,"Sasuke-Kun...." and stares at Naruto, saying "Naruto...." with a depressed as shit face waiting for Naruto to bring back Sasuke. I honestly want to care about her as a character in the overall arc but it just hasnt happened.

It something I wish Kishimoto would change or at least throw her a bone her story wise so I wouldnt be pissed off everything she is on panel being a useless bag of wet kittens.

EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pratesh View Post
    You guys just don't seem to get it. Right now she's like those teenagers who fall in love with a guy, but not just any guy, no. They fall for the biggest dick around, and after they convince themselves that they love the guy and "give it up" they get dumped. During this point of inflection, they realise that their buddy was the right guy all along......................And lets hope so, because they tend to bounce from douches to guys that are too nice.

Hope this helps, also, as you may or may not be able to tell, I think the NarutoxSakura thing will happen eventually. I'm fed up of Naruto taking a back stage and putting Sasuke first.
    While it would make the story more interesting if she genuinely fell for Naruto aside from the really messed up confession she gave him to convince him not to go after Sasuke.

Sakura doesnt seem like the girl who will change her mind considering she was almost killed twice by sasuke and still cant "get over him". While I will admit, other characters have hinted that she has at least some feelings for Naruto, it was killed when she was confessed to by that random ass ninja guy in her medical tent and still it went back to Sasuke. She really can't quit Sasuke's ballz even thought she has never had it.

And while she is a teenage who wants to bad boy in the baddest way, in the end she probably will see Naruto for who he is and want to approach him but it will be too late because either Hinata will be on that, or, in a shocking and kind of funny twist to all the HinataXNaruto fan boys, it ends up as NarutoXKarin

EPIC!!!

Im with you Zero - she is pathetic. So much for the early promise of "she will be a stronger ninja than the 5th", Tsuande had a rep at Sakura's age - those random Konoha Ninja's in the Pain fight did not even know who she was when she killed that centipeed - People from her own freaking village did not know her......

With Sasuke and Naruto being the basically the 2 strongest guys around (at least in top 3-4 alive), one would have thought that Sakura could have at least put her self in the top 20-30 ninja's but she is stuck down there in the high hundreds.

I am glad Naruto will end up with Hinata, because at least she put herself on the line and risked her life, all for him instead of being such a failure like Sakura is. Great idea Sakura keep loving the homicidal manic who has tried to kill you numberous times.......It really takes some solid stupidity to keep loving Sasuke. Hopefully she will die and Naruto will grow as a result, that way she can at least contribute something for a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Shes good for creating problems that other characters have to constantly fix. Shes even worse than Tsunade.

well my opinion of sakura is that shes the representation of loyalty in the form of love to sasuke, whilst naruto is loyalty in friendship. however we regard one as a fangirl obsession and the other as determination and at times gay.
    i think naruto will end up with sakura for one reason alone. its realistic.
    i know after 2 killing attempts sakura still loves sasuke, but i still belive she'll end up with naruto, because lets face it, they've been through a shitload more than hinata. yes she's put her if on the line for him, but so has sakura for sasuke and yet that is regarded as a crush, so why not hinata for naruto? how can you love someone to the point of willingly sacrifycing your life when you've spoken to them a whole 5 times, its just not realistic to the story and believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nano View Post
    Tsuande had a rep at Sakura's age - those random Konoha Ninja's in the Pain fight did not even know who she was when she killed that centipeed - People from her own freaking village did not know her......
    Tsunade's 'rep' when she was at Sakura's age was limited to her being the 'princess' of Konoha. The Sannin thing did not come until later.