Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    i think DF's are overrated. true it gives awesome powers, but it doesnt really make a difference does it? hawkeye seemed like he didnt have a power, yet many ppl see him as the strongest. same with zoro and sanji. im not saying DF's aren't important.. just that it doesnt give you godlike powers

well if a normal person could be that good then DF people could be better. Imagine if Mihawk suddenly got some fruit that allows him to produce blades from his body, it'd make him even more uber.
    Quote Originally Posted by xion2 View Post
    facts don't always have to be true

well if a normal person could be that good then DF people could be better. Imagine if Mihawk suddenly got some fruit that allows him to produce blades from his body, it'd make him even more uber.
    but he already has that humongous uber sword he doesnt need nemore hahaha what about... duplication fruit!! hahaha

i think shanks has the power to use his destructiveness outwordly, making people faint, and generally wrecking stuff, like the ship, around him. Shanks doesnt have a devil fruit, but i would be very pissed if i was wrong.

Dragon Slayer
    im betting Milhawk has one too
    Yea, he has. It was said before Sanji's recruiting, when Mihawk cut Krieg's ship on 2 pieces.

And about the main topic... I think that Shanks doesn't need DF power, but there is still some possibility that he has one. Personally I can't imagine what kind of DF could he ate. Considering that he's a swordman the logia type (the strongest kind of DF) doesn't fit him... I simply don't see him using any kind of DF power, but as I said before I am not denying anything. We'll wait, we'll see

oh, and about fainting people - it was just he's spirit, because DF powers are acting according to the user will and I doubt that Shanks would attack small fries from Whitebeard crew.

Team Rocket's Head Giovanni Boss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Sirius View Post
    Yea, he has. It was said before Sanji's recruiting, when Mihawk cut Krieg's ship on 2 pieces.
    In fact, it wasn't. Krieg said it must have been an Akuma no mi power, 'cause he couldn't see how a human would cut a ship in two. But, well, Zoro can do it. xD

oh, and about fainting people - it was just he's spirit, because DF powers are acting according to the user will and I doubt that Shanks would attack small fries from Whitebeard crew.
    That's a good point. Shanks having or not an Akuma no mi's ability it's unknown, but i think we can agree that these faintings were not due to an Akuma no mi.

Garp is quite an normal human [with absurd strenght and speed]. An Akuma no mi wouldn't give him both strenght and speed, in my opinion, unless it was a zoan, and he stayed fairly human to me.

About Mihawk, i guess his sword is made of Kairouseki, as it's a dark metal. So being a DF user wouldn't ease things for him, if i'm correct. A kairouseki sword would be quite more useful in cutting a Logia user.

Returning to Shanks, there's just no Akuma no mi fitting him [unless it makes his arm grow back]. So i guess he did not eat any in these years.

Dragon Slayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Boss View Post
    In fact, it wasn't. Krieg said it must have been an Akuma no mi power, 'cause he couldn't see how a human would cut a ship in two. But, well, Zoro can do it. xD
    Perhaps you're right, I don't remember how exactly it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giovanni Boss View Post
    About Mihawk, i guess his sword is made of Kairouseki, as it's a dark metal. So being a DF user wouldn't ease things for him, if i'm correct. A kairouseki sword would be quite more useful in cutting a Logia user.
    It's just a guess?
    I thought that Kairouseki was some kind of sea stone (at least that's how it was translated in some fansub), not a metal.
    But even if the blade were from Kairouseki it wouldn't have effects on the swordman if he doesn't touch the blade.

I dont think that any of the 4 pirate gods/whatever they were called would really need a logia fruit to be the best, it seems that Luffy has made really good use of his fruit and if they just have a useful fruit that works with their fighting style then I see it making them all that more powerful, but they probably wont use it till their about to die or in a very serious fight since their so strong as it is. My guess is that they would have needed the power of a DF fruit to survive the new lands islands and to help their crew survive, so with that the captains probably took one, plus their captains probably have fruit powers too.
    A pie in the sky?

Team Rocket's Head Giovanni Boss's Avatar
    It's just a guess?
    I thought that Kairouseki was some kind of sea stone (at least that's how it was translated in some fansub), not a metal.
    Yes, it's just a guess. As there were shown nets made with kairouseki, prisons made with it, even a small part of Smoker's weapon is kairouseki [and he still can turn it into smoke o.o]. And in all these kairouseki appear as a dark metal. Well, there was that jewel that was quite sea-green in the rainbow mist filler that was kairouseki too, bu i think it was just an exception.

But even if the blade were from Kairouseki it wouldn't have effects on the swordman if he doesn't touch the blade.
    Yep, i havent really thought about it. You remembered me of Smoker with this.