Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kendoki View Post
    Shanks doesn't have Devil fruit powers.

He had to swim out in the ocean to save Luffy in the first chapter. >_>
    I honestly expected a whole lot more from you Kendoki ;_;
    That was at minimum 6 years ago given that we count Luffy right from when he left to start his adventure.

And to answer the question regarding Garp and his DF powers:

Why would he say "Iron Fist...." before his attack if he didn't have a DF power, plus I dont think anyone in their right mind would have the strength to lift such a huge wrecking ball without a DF power.
    A pie in the sky?

Why would he say "Iron Fist...." before his attack if he didn't have a DF power, plus I dont think anyone in their right mind would have the strength to lift such a huge wrecking ball without a DF power.
    Because Iron fist is an actual type of fighting style, and a pun by Oda since he uses iron cannonballs. If it was a devil fruit power, I'd guess he would have said "Iron Iron (Don't know Iron in Japanese) no..." Zoro doesn't have Devil fruit powers, and he cuts fricking buildings in half. Zoro, Sanji, and Ussop all name their abilities, and none them have DF powers.

I honestly expected a whole lot more from you Kendoki ;_;
    That was at minimum 6 years ago given that we count Luffy right from when he left to start his adventure.
    If Shanks didn't have Devil fruit powers back then, I doubt he would just randomly find a one and go all "OM NOM NOM" on it after witnessing Luffy eat one and knowing the side-effects of having eaten one. Hell, if he wanted a devil fruit power he would've eaten his instead of keeping it in a chest.

nobody can say whether garp has or doesn't have a DF power... if it was a DF power, how come instead of it becoming more powerful through experience (like all other DF users), his power has declined with age, he stated he could toss more cannonballs in less time in his youth... but that doesn't prove it isn't DF... the superhuman strength isn't necessarily comming from DF, how about zoro's superhuman strength? that still doesn't disprove it's DF...

I say we don't know if garp has a DF power or not, but I personally think he does not.

Shanks probably doesn't have a DF. He could have gotten one in the 10 years since Chapter 1, but I doubt it. He was introduced to us as a character without a Devil Fruit, and so far the only characters who have gained on after their introduction were Kaku and Califa, and those happened on screen.

And Garp just seems legitimately strong to me, not using a Fruit's power.

Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock
    It's a given for anime characters to say their attack names. Saying Garp saying "iron fist" before his attack to prove he ate the....I dunno fruit would be like saying Goku ate the Kame Hame fruit, and Sanji ate the French Body Part fruit.

There's nothing to prove Shanks or Garp have eaten a DF, theres actually more to disprove Shanks having not eaten one rather then him eating one considering he had one but didn't eat it. Showing he doesn't want it.

Okay I can see the one about Garp not saying "iron iron no..." so I agree Garp most likely is just a normie.

But Shanks seems different to me, like most people are saying it really isn't possible to say for sure, but maybe Shanks was holding out for a good DF fruit like Blackbeard was and didn't want the rubber fruit. He was probably a very good pirate before he met Luffy and knew all about the "book of the DF" and probably knew (if he wanted one) which one he wanted. And to everyone saying that Shanks didn't eat it when he had it so that probably why he didn't eat one even now I respond, well we haven't seen him swimming around lately have we :p
    A pie in the sky?

Garp is a normal superhumanly powerful human being in the One piece world. That saying he's a vice admiral, probably he could have been an admiral if he wasn't the father of Dragon and his sense of justice didn't conflict with the absolute justice that the other marines employ. Meaning he's also very well trained and super powerful as a fighter.

Shanks, no idea. I really don't think he has one though but that is is a guess from me which has no evidence whatsoever.

wow, we've gone a bit off topic, haven't we?
    from shanks to garp...

anyways, since i think we've gone about as far as we can go on the "shank's power" subject, so how about we talk about his influence on luffy...
    besides the straw hat, i can think of only one other time in which you could see luffy showing something of shank's personality/teachings/influence or whatever which is when (i think it was them, not too sure) bellamy was beating him up in a bar and he wouldn't fight back cuz it wasn't worth it, just like shanks didn't fight back in his home town on the first chapter (i think it was the first, not sure either). are there any other references to him in luffy's decisions as a captain? speaking of which, i just remembered another reference... picking ussop as his sharp shooter because yassop was part of shank's crew

You don't need to have a devil fruit to be all powerful, Zoro is the living testament of that.

he's just that badass