Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
  1. #11
    FUCKING GAR Asce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Munitions Warehouse
    Posts
    2,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Mario you are now punted from my thread for being a bozo...

    And he DOES have a beard, its just scruffy, so to appease everyone he will now be renamed Redscruff...
    No he'll be named Shanks because his name is shanks.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    So people don't think he could have a DF power just because he was shown swimming to save Luffy back, what, 6 years ago? And he couldn't possibly have gotten his hands on a truely awesome DF that would make him super powerful? Or maybe he needed the power of a DF to save one of his crewmen from some situation that if he didn't have that power his crewmate would die? I believe Shanks might have a powerful aura and thats why people were fainting and the boat was getting buss up but the 3 top pirates gotta have one right? Whitebeard, Shanks, Blackbeard, right? Luffy is a great pirate but were not talking about him now, plus he has one too.
    We've seen incredibly powerful people who do not use Devil Fruits. At the moment, as far as we know Whitebeard doesn't have a devil fruit power either. And I'm fairy certain Shanks was a prominent swordsman when he had both arms, and possibly even now and has no need for devil fruits. Remember, he and hawkeye used to spar each other, and he challenged Whitebeard with a sword is it's safe to say that he's a swordsman. His power and respect comes from his ability to fight with a sword, not necessarily because he has a devil fruit. I just personally don't believe that Shanks actually has a devil fruit power because..well it would just seem unfitting.


    Ravona

    Ever wonder why one of your particularly bad posts has been deleted? Feel free to contact me!

  2. #12
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Asce View Post
    No he'll be named Redscruff because his name is Redscruff.




    We've seen incredibly powerful people who do not use Devil Fruits. At the moment, as far as we know Whitebeard doesn't have a devil fruit power either. And I'm fairy certain Redscruff was a prominent swordsman when he had both arms, and possibly even now and has no need for devil fruits. Remember, he and hawkeye used to spar each other, and he challenged Whitebeard with a sword is it's safe to say that he's a swordsman. His power and respect comes from his ability to fight with a sword, not necessarily because he has a devil fruit. I just personally don't believe that Redscruff actually has a devil fruit power because..well it would just seem unfitting.
    See I can change quotes too...

    But on topic doesn't it seem that after a human gets to a certain level they just can't go any further with out some kind of outside help? At that level it just seems like everyone is so good that the 5-10 of them in that top tier can't possibly be beaten by anyone lower than that and in order to get an edge on the others in that same grouping they would need something to differentiate themselves from each other. Im sure he doesn't need to use it but maybe he has one just like all the others and the Shichibukai...
    A pie in the sky?

  3. #13
    I really don`t want to believe that shanks does have a DF power.

    Offtopic:
    I'll imagine that in the final battle afterwards Luffy vs insertlastenemy (blackbeard?). Luffy will fall into the water and mr Shanks will come and save him once again from his death. (I hope neither of his crewmembers are able to swim to save him at this point :o) Tho this is just a passing thought!

  4. #14
    No way, a DF power would ruin the hype put into the character.

  5. #15
    sorry about my post earlier on... it was i who had to reread those chapters... anyways...

    i think oda owes us fans a bit of history on shanks... if he used to be buggy's crewmate, and though he beat him at everything (except the DF) he was probably at a similar power level at the time, so how'd he end up being so powerful? i mean sure, every pirate must've been lame at some point in their life (like luffy in the very first chapter).

    luffy would still be uber powerful w/out DF, just look at his lineage, Garp and Dragon, and his bro... but how come shanks is so powerful w/out DF? there's been no explanation to this, except he used to be in Gol D. Roger's crew with buggy at some point. All other character's abilities (the DFless ones i mean) have had some explanation, like nami's thievery comes from her years serving the mermen, usop's sniping comes from his father, sanji's kicks and toughness come from sef, coby's "not 100% lame anymore" comes from marine training, but what about shanks?

    All i'm saying is, the 3rd largest mistery of one piece, after what gol d. roger's treasure is and what the rest of the DF are, is shanks
    if anyone thinks what i said here makes no sense feel free to say so, but this is my opinion

  6. #16
    Couldn't be fucked Archiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    3,136
    Quote Originally Posted by mario00001 View Post
    sorry about my post earlier on... it was i who had to reread those chapters... anyways...

    i think oda owes us fans a bit of history on shanks... if he used to be buggy's crewmate, and though he beat him at everything (except the DF) he was probably at a similar power level at the time, so how'd he end up being so powerful? i mean sure, every pirate must've been lame at some point in their life (like luffy in the very first chapter).

    luffy would still be uber powerful w/out DF, just look at his lineage, Garp and Dragon, and his bro... but how come shanks is so powerful w/out DF? there's been no explanation to this, except he used to be in Gol D. Roger's crew with buggy at some point. All other character's abilities (the DFless ones i mean) have had some explanation, like nami's thievery comes from her years serving the mermen, usop's sniping comes from his father, sanji's kicks and toughness come from sef, coby's "not 100% lame anymore" comes from marine training, but what about shanks?

    All i'm saying is, the 3rd largest mistery of one piece, after what gol d. roger's treasure is and what the rest of the DF are, is shanks
    if anyone thinks what i said here makes no sense feel free to say so, but this is my opinion


    I really don't think that there is anything special about Shanks strength, I see it more or less along the lines of Rob Lucci and Mihawk. I relate to Rob Lucci and the rest of CP9 because even though they became DF users their real strength was the use of their Rokushiki tecniques, which apparently had taken them years to master. And Mihawk being the strongest swordsmen in the world obviously has no need for a devil fruit and simply became the strongest from man years of battles (and his awesome sword), I have no evidence regarding Mihawk, but really what other course is there for non-DF users.

    Though, regardless of how he obtained power I do agree about learning more on Shanks, he is definitely an awesome character.

    Spoiler!


    Why don't more people read these mangas?

  7. #17
    Senior Member Shock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    3,995
    How do you guys know Redscruff and Milhawk don't have DF powers? It seems to me that all the Shichibukai have DF powers and isn't Milhawk a member? So wouldn't he also have one?

    Im not trying to take away from their greatness because I really think that they would be the best in the world if there were no DF's but there is only so far you can go as a human before he would need outside help from a DF. Its kinda the progression of most manga's where the heros and their respective villans each try to one up each other so they have the upper hand and the only way to ensure you will win is to use some power that isn't just human.

    I honestly think he might have a DF power now and im betting Milhawk has one too, they couldn't get to the point they are right now, with people around them who can teleport/make you do whatever they think/control ice/fire/thunder/etc. without having some kind of power. Just doesn't make sense.

    Even if Luffy didn't have his DF power he wouldn't be that great, you say Garp and Dragon are his grandfather and father but we know nothing about Dragon and Garp looks like he has a DF power considering he could lift an enormous wrecking ball and punch it across the ocean. Their good pirates and sailors and navigators and treasure hunters but theres a point.
    A pie in the sky?

  8. #18
    Weirdest Fangirl Ever streetbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    332
    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Even if Luffy didn't have his DF power he wouldn't be that great, you say Garp and Dragon are his grandfather and father but we know nothing about Dragon and Garp looks like he has a DF power considering he could lift an enormous wrecking ball and punch it across the ocean. Their good pirates and sailors and navigators and treasure hunters but theres a point.
    Did Garp say his DF powers when he punched the wrecking balls? No, so we can assume that no DF powers were used there and he has yet to show anything proving that he does have a DF power yet he was able to give Gol D. Roger trouble all across the grand line. Zoro and Sanji are proof enough that you don't have to have DF powers to be strong.

  9. #19
    The Patriot Kendoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nirvana
    Posts
    1,327
    I honestly think he might have a DF power now and im betting Milhawk has one too, they couldn't get to the point they are right now, with people around them who can teleport/make you do whatever they think/control ice/fire/thunder/etc. without having some kind of power. Just doesn't make sense.
    Shanks doesn't have Devil fruit powers.

    He had to swim out in the ocean to save Luffy in the first chapter. >_>

  10. #20
    You got MS'ed z3n0cid3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    357
    Shanks doesn't have Devil fruit powers.

    He had to swim out in the ocean to save Luffy in the first chapter. >_>
    that was really long time ago -_-...

Similar Threads

  1. Will Ichigo gain the next power....??
    By 2Weights in forum Bleach
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 07:04 PM
  2. Kyuubi's power split
    By verdesnake in forum Naruto
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 12-15-2007, 09:08 AM
  3. Naruto's power?
    By placeboshotgun in forum Naruto
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 09-16-2007, 11:50 PM
  4. Sasuke and the power of the White Snake?
    By gohanex999 in forum Naruto
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-09-2007, 02:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •