Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Design the December MangaShare Banner [Entry Thread - Closed]

Congratulations to our November winner, blaineo!

This contest is to decide the new global header image (will show on the home page and all forums except bleach, dgrayman, naruto and one piece) for display on December 1st through December 31st, 2007.

Contest closes on November 30th.

Major bonus points if your banner is Holiday themed! Special contest Prizes added, see bottom of post.

Please look over the rules below.

THIS THREAD IS ONLY FOR POSTING YOUR SUBMISSIONS. UPLOAD THEM TO A FREE HOST LIKE IMAGESHACK AND POST IT IN A REPLY BELOW. ALL DISCUSSION ON SUBMISSIONS SHOULD TAKE PLACE IN THE SEPERATE THREAD LOCATED HERE.

Rules for Entering:
    • Only submit pieces YOU have drawn / colored. If you're found to have submitted another fan's work, your entry will be disqualified.
    • Submit either an original drawing (preferably colored), or a colored page from original manga line art. Compilations of art from official stock colored pages will be accepted as well, though they stand little chance of winning against original work.
    • Design your piece to fit the "widescreen" nature of the header (click here to see the size to get an idea). The space you have is 800x200 pixels, the height of the canvas can be adjusted in special cases for really good artwork. Art that can not be cropped or resized to fit the header will not be considered.
    • Submissions from any date are considered, it doesn't matter if you made it 3 years ago or yesterday, as long as it looks nice!
    • Only mainstream manga have a real good shot at winning. Don't let that stop you though, if your drawing is really awesome it can still get the spot.
    • If you sign your work, please do it in the bottom right corner of the image, or at least close to it. If you don't sign your work we add a credit somewhere on the header for you.
    The winning entry will be judged by the administrators and moderators of the site. In the event that a majority vote cannot be reached by our staff, a public vote will be held. Entries not selected as winners are free to be resubmit for the next month's contest. Though I'm sure we'll get several great submissions, if we don't end up getting anything worthy of showing off on the site for a month, we reserve the right to void this contest and remain with our original header throughout December.

Get noticed by having your work seen by over 700,000 unique people over the course of the month. If you have a talented friend who would be interested, let them know about this contest!

Special Holiday Prize Pack!!
    In the spirit of the season, the winning artist will receive all of the following free swag.

• Rukia's Glove - While this awesome novelty would have been enough for the average joe, we'll throw in these other things...
    • Naruto: Rise of the Ninja for the Xbox 360
    • Triple Shonen Jump collection starter:
      - Official Manga Volume 1 of Naruto
      - Official Manga Volume 1 of Bleach
      - Official Manga Volume 1 of D.Gray-man
    • Death Note Anime DVD Vol. 1 Limited Edition (with Ryuk figure)
    The winner will also receive a new colored username on the forums here! While it won't give you any special powers, it's effective bragging rights.

Let's see what you can do!

Initiate
    Well this type of stuff seems to be what everyone likes so here's my go at it:

EDIT: btw blud, what's the max height we can have because so much of the image is missing because of the cropping.
    Last edited by Xlea; 11-02-2007 at 03:06 PM.

December mangashare banner entry :)

its worth a try right!
    my entry for the december mangashare banner:

original CG by me: "pirates vs ninjas epitome"(a sin not to see the whole pic^^)
    holiday theme hence the xmas hats (pathetic i know) hahaha

mr. blud:
    if by any twist of fate this gets chosen...
    theres the big empty space for you to put the mangashare logo going down luffys arm

...and feel free to write any holiday greetings and whatnot

^^happy holidays everyone!^^
    Last edited by funkfreed; 11-16-2007 at 08:54 AM.

Learn Violently! Damnit! MyDeviantArt

Initiate
    Yeah I guess a Christmas theme would be much better haha.

Drew the santa hat afterwards so it may look a little bit out of place but I tried to fit it on Sakura's head as well as I could.

Well here's my new image that can be edited, resized and whatnot if it's chosen:

We've added a prize pack which will be awarded to this month's winner! Not only will you get great exposure throughout the whole month, but we'll make sure there's some great manga/anime gear under the tree for your efforts.

See the updated first post for more information.

Heres my entry, Im new to the forums, and thought this would be fun to be a part of!! Im not sure how to post an image though, hmmm, hope I get it right! I drew this myself in photoshop 7.0

Gaara from Naruto in the christmas spirit!
    Last edited by Beyond-Infinity; 11-11-2007 at 10:05 PM. Reason: adding info

My entry:

An original CG drawing of Rukia and Inoue from Bleach.
    Last edited by lenah; 11-10-2007 at 06:43 AM.

One question: Are more than one entries allowed?

GL ALL

~ You can do as many entries as you like /blud

Initiate
    well yeah i was bored and came across this is a did the color of a pic a grimmjow from a manga chapter at bleach exile.

and yeah...
    eh

made 2 sizes, so if the first is too big, I guess the 2nd will do? :x

aaah my hand hurts x__x