The Trigger for the Great Ninja Wars

Yeah another Ninja War thread but unlike my other one where I was focused on a time line this is more about the trigger characters that had huge impact. What I mean is that each of the 4 ninja wars has a sort of trigger characters that seem to leads to destabilization that throws the nations eventually into war. I have been wanting to make this thread for while so lets do it one by one ....

First Shinobi World War:

We know that shortly after forming the Ninja villages tensions began to rise because of the perceived unequal level of miltary power between the 5 nations. At some point Madara tried to directly deal with this by confronting Muu & Onooki and subjugating Irukagrue(Rock) to the Leaf. Based on Onooki's words it seemed like Hasirama left a completely different impression on respecting their sovereignty. We dont know exactly what happened after but I dont think they took the thought of being threatened very well and probably led to more tensions between the Rock & Leaf. Also it was mentioned that Onoki fought with Madara so this might be what occurred here.

It possible that this is why Hashirama started to hand out Bijuu to the other countries and for a short while maybe it worked. I'm sure Madara strongly objected and saw this as making the Leaf weak plus he may have had ambitions on using the Bijuu for his own end and this is when he left the village. Eventually Madara took the Kyuubi and attacked the Leaf which lead to the famous battle at the VOE.

We know Mito sealed the Kyuubi in herself which leads back to the same issue that other countries saw the Leaf taking control of the Kyuubi the most powerful Bijuu on top of having so many powerful clans the Uchiha, Hyuuga , & Senju. From an outside perspective even though Hashirama spoke of peace , gaining the most powerful Bijuu under his command as well as being considered the most powerful shinobi especially after having *killed* Madara must have made the Leaf look like a super power. The other villages would have been nervous that the Leaf may try to overtake them and began taking steps to militarize and possible even strike first rather than wait to be wiped out.

This is why villages like the Hidden Waterfall sent Kakuza to assassinate Hashirama a man capable of controlling tailed beasts to try and neutralize some of the Leafs power. We dont know how or when exactly but at some point Hashirama was killed no doubt by someone or some group purposely targeting him as he was probably the #1 shinobi in every other villages Bingo book wanted dead.

So for the first phase of this First Great Ninja War you could say Madara and Hashirama where part of the trigger characters due to their overwhelming powers they where feared to the point other nations felt they had no choice but to strike first out of fear of being overtaken.

- The second phase of this First Great Ninja war centers around Kinkaku and Ginkaku the Gold & silver brothers. We know at some point before Madara took the Kyuubi the Cloud sent these 2 too get it but there is more behind this statement than most realize. If you read between the lines you can learn a lot here as given the Gold & Silver brothers personalities I get the feeling to the Cloud they may have been considered some what dangerous. In the same way Orochimaru dark ideals made him a bit of an outcast in the Leaf the Gold & Silver brothers ideals may have had the Cloud leadership keep them at arms length.

So perhaps knowing that thinking about it, why else would the Cloud send them to capture the Kyuubi? If they succeeded great the Cloud gains a powerful Bijuu but if they failed the Cloud gets rid of 2 troublesome possibly dangerous ninja. I think it's possible the 2nd Raikage sent them after it for these reasons but of course here is no guarantee of that. The outcome was the most unexpected as you send away 2 possible troublesome ninjas and they come back even more powerful than when they left. Now either the brothers where minorly troublesome before or they started to develop these dangerous ideals post-kyuubi.

Either way with their new power up they no doubt gained a great deal of respect from their fellow Cloud ninja. I'm certain after gaining their new powers that their ideals regardless of what they where before started too become more dangerous. The brothers told Darui that shinobi are nothing more than tools of their Kage perhaps this is what they came to believe and that they where being used and this lead to their resentment.

We where told that at some time during this era the Cloud & Leaf where suppose to sign an Alliance perhaps as an attempt to counter growing war tension between the 5 nations and reestablish peaceful order. During the Alliance peace ceremony the Gold & Silver brothers attacked both the 2nd Raikage & 2nd Hokage in order to take over the Cloud. According to Tsuande the 2nd Hokage was left on the verge of death and defeated according to Shikamaru.

We can only imagine what happened to the 2nd Raikage perhaps he managed to kill both of them or maybe he died and was replaced by the 3rd. Its also possible it ended in a tie and the 2 brothers had to escape and became rogue ninja (missing nin) or that the 2nd Raikage and 2nd Hokage managed to kill them by working together but the Raikage died and Hokage lived just barely . Whatever the case this probably led to more destabilization between the 5 nations was another key trigger to the First shinobi War.

Later on during the thick of War we know the 2nd Hokage with Danzou & Hiruzen's squads met up with the Kinkaku force which was praised as being the Clouds elite tracking unit. Its possible that this was just a remnant of the legacy of the 2 brothers and they may have already been dead. In any case this ended things for the 2nd Hokage and lead to his death and Hiruzen era as 3rd Hokage.

Second Great Ninja War

Without a doubt the main trigger character for this war was Hanzou as in his youth he was considered a noble idealist. According to Hanzou himself he went to war to try and unite the many fractured shinobi states. Something of interest to note was that Hanzou seemed to be at war with the Samurai who according to Onoki the shinobi generally stayed out their affairs so there is more here than meets the eye. Even Yahiko blamed Hanzou for the War in the Rain village and this makes sense considering it was probably all part of his crusade of peace. While Nagato seemed to blame Konoha for starting the war whcih perhaps was response to Hanzou's attacks on smaller countries. To be clear this war may have already started but Hanzou's crusade may have been thought of as a solution but by doing so he dragged the Rain village into it as well.

If Hanzou was on crusade he was no doubt trying to gather people to his cause and not just ninja from his village but warriors from all over and this is why he probably attacked Iron country. I suspect he wanted to weaken the leadership among the smaller countries by showing his superiority and thus gaining their respect and perhaps even allegiance. He had to start somewhere he had chance of making an impact and attacking Iron country was safer bet than going directly after a huge powerful ninja village as he need more man power for that.

Clearly even at the time Hanzou battled Jiraiya , Orochimaru & Tsuande dubbing them the Sannin he still had these noble ideals as he could have pressed them harder to kill them but let them go.

However Hanzou clearly realized he was going to loose the battle and likely the war and lessons he learned from this changed him.

Third Great Ninja War

It seems a major trigger of instability in this war was Sasori as we know the story that 20 years previously at the age of 15 he secretly managed to kill the most powerful Kazekage in their history. This event is what lead to major instability for the Sand as we know a neighboring village took advantage of the situation and attack the Sand.

I mentioned it in my other ninja thread that it was most likely the Hidden Rock that attacked them as they are known to follow a militaristic opportunistic ideology passed down from Muu to Onoki. In any case we know the Leaf, Sand & Rock where the most intensely involved in this war with the Rain becoming another battlefield.

Yahiko's Akatsuki was also built it seems on similar noble ideals to Hanzou's crusade from the previous war.

Hanzou had lost his ideals from before and was only interested in protecting his power and made an alliance with Danzou to wipe them out and we know the story from there. It possible Danzou was had a lot more going on during this era so he too was trigger of instability.

Fourth Great Ninja War

Well clearly Tobi and his Akatsuki are the main triggers behind the war which was part of some kind of plan involving a few more secrets that we are not completely aware of yet.

Anyways lets discuss....

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Who was the stone kage at the time muu for the frist shinobi war?

Still trying to figure out if hasihrama was hokage at this point or not. Because madara doing the foul play thing is runing hasihrama's work. Sounds like Madara was about to rebel from konoha soon.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Who was the stone kage at the time muu for the frist shinobi war?

Still trying to figure out if hasihrama was hokage at this point or not. Because madara doing the foul play thing is runing hasihrama's work. Sounds like Madara was about to rebel from konoha soon.

I assume Muu was the assigned 2nd Tsuchikage at the first Ninja war as most of the 1st generation Kages seemed to get killed fast during the first Ninja war. This is probably due to the fact the villages where still new and the Kages probably had to lead troops into battle and were at more risk on the battlefield.

Edit: Oh if your asking who was the 1st Tsuchikage according to the anime filler he was a bug(Bee's) user of the Kamizuru clan. A potential rival clan of the Aburame.

At the time Madara was threatening Muu & Oonoki its possible the Kage was not decided yet and was still in discussion. However at the time of the actual war Hashirama was already the first and Madara was supposedly dead. I think the VOE battle happened before the Ninja war. In my mind it was the fact that the Leaf gained the Kyuubi that made the other ninja villages nervous.
    Last edited by POW; 11-24-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Fire type

Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    I assume Muu was the assigned 2nd Tsuchikage at the first Ninja war as most of the 1st generation Kages seemed to get killed fast during the first Ninja war. This is probably due to the fact the villages where still new and the Kages probably had to lead troops into battle and were at more risk on the battlefield.

Edit: Oh if your asking who was the 1st Tsuchikage according to the anime filler he was a bug(Bee's) user of the Kamizuru clan. A potential rival clan of the Aburame.

At the time Madara was threatening Muu & Oonoki its possible the Kage was not decided yet and was still in discussion. However at the time of the actual war Hashirama was already the first and Madara was supposedly dead. I think the VOE battle happened before the Ninja war. In my mind it was the fact that the Leaf gained the Kyuubi that made the other ninja villages nervous.
    I knew muu was difinitly the 2nd stone has he passed down his title onaki. What I was wondering when did the first shinobi war occur, which generation. Im also going to assume 1war = 1st kage generation, 2nd war = 2nd kage generation, etc...

But That would mean hasihrama is still live at that point in the manga pic we saw with madara and onaki and means. Madara is planning to rebel soon from hasihrama, cant see hasihrama agreeing to madara saying "hey stone bitches, ur either in or ur out" lol.

Will see I guess.

I knew muu was difinitly the 2nd stone has he passed down his title onaki. What I was wondering when did the first shinobi war occur, which generation. Im also going to assume 1war = 1st kage generation, 2nd war = 2nd kage generation, etc...

But That would mean hasihrama is still live at that point in the manga pic we saw with madara and onaki and means. Madara is planning to rebel soon from hasihrama, cant see hasihrama agreeing to madara saying "hey stone bitches, ur either in or ur out" lol.

Will see I guess.

To put it more into timeline:

1st Ninja war = 1st & 2nd Kage's of most villages

2nd Ninja war = 3rd Kage's of most villages

3rd Ninja War = 3rd & 4th Kage's of most villages

Fire type

One thing that seems missing is the fall of Uzushiogakure. It definitely happened during/after Hashirama's time, and it seems the main reason was because of their adeptness to seals. Does this mean that they were feared or sought, i don't know. However, one thing is for certain, the Uzumaki Clan seemed like best possible hope of sealing a Bijuu into its host. Heck Mito did it.

I therefore assume that because every village was given their own biju to create a balance, these villages in turn sought to make Jinchuriki. This would mean that people well versed in seals would be sought after. As such, I believe that Uzushiogakure was targeted to aid in the sealing process, and for whatever reason, they were wiped out, be it for the lack of helping, or the treat they represented of freeing the sealed bijus.

I was just noticed that the sannin fought hanzo in the 3d shinobi war not the 2nd and I just just watched the anime jiraiya ninja srcolls episodes that confirmed it.

I was just noticed that the sannin fought hanzo in the 3d shinobi war not the 2nd and I just just watched the anime jiraiya ninja srcolls episodes that confirmed it.
    No the anime is just retarded. Its obvious the Sannin where still young when they battled Hanzou it was during the 2nd Ninja war as they where in their 20's. It was actually towards the end of the war when Jiraiya took 3 years off to train the 3 Amagekure orphans.

The 3rd ninja war was the one where Hanzou had changed and lost his sense of honor and set up a trap for Yahiko. Later on its also where Minato and Kakashi's generation battled in.

The gap between the 2nd and 3rd Ninja war was short and this is also why the Leaf was short on shinobi at the beginning of the 3rd Ninja war as they didnt have enough time rebuild their forces. If you remember the Leaf was loosing the war against the Rock village and they where struggling to keep them at bay in Grass country, hence why they sent Team Minato to cut off their supply line and stop their advance.

Fire type