• Average

0 0%
  • Bad

1 4.76%
  • Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    just a decent chapter...
    perhaps it's already time for caribou to come out..

^yeah, he's easy to forget about, the sneaky basterd.
    Chap was awesome but kinda short.
    Crew grew so much, it's rlly nice to see their efforts paid off.

cool chapter. nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

Pandaman sighting: page five.

Next chapter, Jinbie asks to join the straw hat crew. Luffy tells him to eat a dick for being a party pooper.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

sweet chapter. i still think hodi is still making a comeback though
    i wish the chapter wasnt this short

Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Oda again is still inconsistent about the size of his characters. Chopper's monster form should be bigger than that.
    To me, it looks like Chopper can control its size a bit how he like

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Oda never forget,ever

.To me it`s a classic.truly a satisfying climax(outside Caribou and maybe Hodi of course), bringing a few things nicely together. We knew Shriahoshi's power would come into it eventually. The fishmen cheering on a human was the most important and momentous aspect of this chapter, though.
    The Sea Kings talking was VERY weird, almost Disney-like, but it's wonderful that these huge monsters, which we'd previously seen as mindless beasts, are incredibly wise and intelligent. Adds a whole new dimensions to things. Love that spread of the Straw Hats celebrating, too.

My Problem in this arc is the rushed pacing. If this arc had Skypeia length, we'd have all the scenes that were skipped or shown briefly, leading to a much better characterization of the Fishmen. This arc felt anticlimatic and void to me because had didn't gave us time to emphasize with most of the new characters.

I remember Oda mentioning that he wants to advance to the NW as quick as possible and is cutting uneccessary scenes in the SBS of volume 61 and in an interview. Ten chapters more could have worked wonders here.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Nice chapter

I don't agree that oda should have made this arc 10 chapters longer .
    i'm already pissed that it took and still is taking so long.
    i still believe that fishman island is gonna be destroyed. yes by luffy
    the question is how ?
    we still have caribou ....
    is oda gonna make him a wearthy apponent or a comic theme ?
    why did he took caribou for so long out of the picture .

a negative thing about this chapter is luffy's wound
    why did oda had to wound him so bad end fall unconscious.
    i didn't like that personally

about jinbei i'm sure luffy is gonna ask him to join but he will refuse

^ Not only do we still have Caribou, we still have to explain the premonition of madam shirley, we have to figure out how to get to the next island (as the log post won't work),maybe have some explanation of Joy Boy, figure out what to do with Hodi, and theres also the possibility of Jimbi joining. Were not done yet
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Next chapter, Jinbie asks to join the straw hat crew. Luffy tells him to eat a dick for being a party pooper.
    LMAO! If...IF...Jimbei does become the next crewmember, then you have to do all of us a favor and record your reaction live as you read the chapter where it happens, then post it up for us to see. If your head does not explode, I will eat the socks I currently wear.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    I remember Oda mentioning that he wants to advance to the NW as quick as possible and is cutting uneccessary scenes in the SBS of volume 61 and in an interview. Ten chapters more could have worked wonders here.
    Daz, you are the master of the "interview", the mysterious, shady Q&A with a mangaka from which you always get exclusive scoops and information no one else is privy to! I would like to read one of these elusive things, just once. lol.

Great chapter, if not entirely action-packed. Funny that Luffy is the only one to have suffered significant injury from this arc, but I suppose he did have much more to do. Great to see it was Luffy's influence on Shirahoshi that enabled her to call the Seakings to help, rather than just rampage on shit. If that's not "man who will emerge to guide her", I don't know what is.

Still, she could've did this about 37 minutes ago and saved Luffy at least a few pints of blood. As someone mentioned, the fish/merpeople will probably break their own hate-fueled tradition to give blood to Luffy. There's much more to this arc, I think--Caribou is still out there to be dealt with, Joy Boy still has to be expanded on, Big Mum has to tie further into the arc, Nami has to get a new log post, Noah has to be repaired, and the Strawhats (may) pick up a new crewmember, and they will all have to set sail again.

As the first full "wacky adventures" arc that I've read all the way through, I approve B-)

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON'T HONOR MY PIRATE KING DISCOUNT!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.