Hybrid View

.hack Project Video Games

Anybody ever played one of the .hack// games?

After watching the anime series called hack SIGN, hack DUSK and hack ROOTS I started loving that "The World" thing, and I bought the first game, it's really interesting and enjoyable to be able to walk around, fight and everything else in the same world the characters of .hack anime series are.

At the moment I'm still at the first one, hack INFECTION, I'm currently dedicated on getting more Virus to hack forbidden zones and get more information about that Ryu Books (I know I could simply search a guide about the game, but I prefer discovering everything by myself).

Which games of the saga you've played or you're playing? What's your opinion about .hack games in general (and the whole hack project)?

well i always thought that the first .hack games were pretty slow, but i only played the first volume. You said u watched ROOTS right? start playing .hack GU/ Redemption then. It starts off right after ROOTS. Much better battle system then the previous IMO. much faster, plus Haseo is a bad ass, for an emo guy anyways.

Actually Rebirth comes after ROOTS and in terms of gameplay the new series is way better but the old games where longer and the story was kind of better but it did was slower still better play the first series helps understand the second one better.
    Here's a good link for information http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki
    Last edited by Masgrande; 11-02-2007 at 06:13 PM.

''Brother running with a torch and not a damn thing you can do about it!''

Quote Originally Posted by zerosaber0 View Post
    well i always thought that the first .hack games were pretty slow, but i only played the first volume. You said u watched ROOTS right? start playing .hack GU/ Redemption then. It starts off right after ROOTS. Much better battle system then the previous IMO. much faster, plus Haseo is a bad ass, for an emo guy anyways.
    Don't listen to him. Starting Redemption without playing the two before it will spoil everything for you.

I've played Infection and Mutation and beaten them but that's as far as I've gotten with the first series. G.U., however, I've completed fully.

And I must say, I do enjoy the way it ended very much. Haseo grows a lot as a person overall and it'll really hook you.

Downfall: Repetitive.

I think I have the very first part in the .hack// video games for PS2. Just checked, it's .hack Infection. I never played it though as when I received it as a gift I wasn't interested in anime and I was to busy playing Final Fantasy's to play other RPG's :p.

I played the first one, then I realized there were like 5 more games to buy, thats when I said to hell with paying $300+ for a fricken game thats only about 1 series...It seems like a marketing ploy to me so thats why I discontinued too.
    A pie in the sky?

hoi hoi, it's really a worth to play game, I played the whole 4 initial series and the first G.U series, I bought the 2nd one tho, but haven't been able to play it due to my exam (aaaghhhhh...........)

Haruna - Monday and Wednesday
    Ura Rokko - Tuesday
    Hakkone Namagatari - Thursday
    Hakkone - Friday
    Akagi - Saturday

Meet Me in ER34 for Battles

I'm with Shock - I don't have the money (or desire) to buy four games to finish one storyline.

Worse, I heard some game reviews that said that the games were too short. I'm guessing the makers could have at least cut the series down to three games instead of four. Or maybe just one game with four discs: Final Fantasy's done it a couple of times.
    All glory to Haruhi! The one and true God!