• |3| Average

2 8.70%
  • |2| Bad

1 4.35%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Namvel View Post
    just read this week's chapter. and i'm a little confused as to why, everyone is surprised by this revelation.

if you remember what, Urahara explained to Hiyori, back in the "Pendulum Arc". Urahara told her, how people associated with the Gotei 13, never actually leave the organization. They are either placed on special leave or put in the maggot's nest. but, anyone who's ever worked or been affiliated with Soul Society is bounded for eternity. Even, Aizen, despite all he's done, was imprisoned under them.

I think, all Ginjou revealed was this truth is all. Toushiro wasn't revealed as a traitor, he is one of the very first members of the Gotei 13, and all shinigami have to follow rules. Ichigo wasn't told the full truth yet, because it was most likely to be left to his father. But, Isshin, never wanted Ichigo to be involved with the Gotei 13, which is why, he was adamant about everyone giving their reisatsu to Ichigo, in order to beat Ginjou.

Kubo, is sensationalizing information, he'd already revealed before. this isn't a new revelation and bringing up Ukitake is just to get some of you to believe this is new, when in fact, it's old and obvious.

re-read those pendulum chapters, people.
    That's true. But nothing from the past revealed Ukitake as being SS's version of the CIA. Remember that there's Unohana and Kyouraku, too. Plus Urahara was always suspicious. After all, he was the one with unfettered access to Ichigo.

Putting a face behind the shadow creates all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Damn good chapter.

Ukitake, NOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why is it always the quiet and sickly that betrays. I want to hear what Urahara or Ukitake himself have to say about this. I wonder if Rukia knew about the badge too since everybody seemed to know. Smart ass Ishida kind figured it out this whole but he knew what it meant if Ichigo heard from him. But damn, Ukitake, hey we all knew whoever it was we were going to be shocked. And they say Kubo don't plan shit. Oh and I almost forgot, NEW BANKAI NEXT WEEK SON!

Another thing: The chapter is called BeLIEve for a reason, there's a lie hidden somewhere in what Ginjou said to Ichigo. I guess Kubo wants us to find which it is.
    Good catch Jaiden. I read it as BellEve, and I guess you can do it like that too, as something important is going to happen, but your interpretation makes so much more sense So typically Kubo hiding messages in the chapter titles like that.

[s]Other than that, not much else to say. [/s]Kind of jinxed over Ichigo's bankai next week. Also, I'd preferred Urahara as the villain, but I guess... typical Kubo style, too obvious.

Another question: how much did the badge restrain Ichigo? Take the Grimmjow fights, for example... Could Ichigo have won it WITHOUT his mask WITHOUT his badge? This puts Ichigo's powers into a completely new perspective. Or, just take the Aizen fight. For all we know, he still had the badge with him then. Did they remove the limiter or was it still present?

Further, something to consider: Aizen knew this as well. It also puts his motives and actions regarding Ichigo into a new perspective as well. Also, thinking about Namvel wrote, but what about Isshin and Urahara? Even Yoruichi? The way Kubo depicted it, they did successfully break all bonds to SS prior to Ichigo showing up. That, or SS did purposefully let them be for whatever reason.

But more importantly, where will Kubo go with this? We always knew SS has been fishy. Despite being presented as heaven, it is far from it with odd morals controlling the actions of those who reside there and huge slum sections to add on top of that. Slum sections that would not exist under proper governance (it's obvious Yamamato knows zero about how controlling anything else than a military army). The social segregation is also a quite serious issue with noble families obviously living it large. There is little to suggest that Yamamato is the sole governor of SS as well. He may have the top position (that we know of), but it seems both him and Central 46 receive orders "from above". What is above? And is there any other realm that SS people go to when they die after SS? Would make perfect sense to me seeing Kubo draws on Buddhist and Hinduist mythology when it comes to the afterlife.

I doubt that SS will become the villain in the end though. While questionable, we will probably see something similar to when Aizen was revealed to have controlled everything from within. I can however see Ukitake for example being the mediator between this higher power of control and SS. Being sick he has the most time to keep tabs on these things, since he will stay out of combat. It could very well be he was not given a choice about this.

Lastly, what does SS do with the information Ichigo gives them? Who receives it in the end? I doubt Ukitake is the one analyzing all that eventually.
    Last edited by LeaT; 11-23-2011 at 01:27 PM.

The Badge only restricted Ichigo's Reiatsu in Human form (I think is what Ginjou said). Anyways, there are benevolent reasons why Ukitake would award the Badge.

Recall SS's history with the Quincy, It is quite possible that Ukitake came up with the Badge as an acceptable way for SS to allow powerfull beings to Roam the Real World, and not feel compelled to kill them.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Bleach is an extra large order of dumb this week, but for now, let me see if I got this right:

The badges can limit peoples power.
    The badges can be used for 24/7 surveillance of the owners.
    The badges are a way to keep tabs on substitute shinigami.

Ginjo is a criminal on the run from SS.

Ginjo still has his badge.

Kubo, you should make a bit more effort to clean off your plot twists before you present them, cause this still reeks of ass.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Well, Ukitake was always fishy, like were did he got that Pheonix Zanpakuto sealing item, but I don't think that he is the bad guy, still didn't see it coming :p.

Next week, Bankai Ichigo ver. Fullbring (must admit that the way they spell it in the anime, it does sound nice ;P) owns Ginjou and next week after next week, Urahara subdues Ichigo with his bankai... well his Shikai was first shown against Ichigo, so it would be pretty cool if his bankai was first shown against Ichigo as well ;P.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Bleach is an extra large order of dumb this week, but for now, let me see if I got this right:

The badges can limit peoples power.
    The badges can be used for 24/7 surveillance of the owners.
    The badges are a way to keep tabs on substitute shinigami.

Ginjo is a criminal on the run from SS.

Ginjo still has his badge.

Kubo, you should make a bit more effort to clean off your plot twists before you present them, cause this still reeks of ass.
    When did we every see Ginjo have a badge (that wasn't Ichigo's)? I think he threw his away.
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Well, Ukitake was always fishy, like were did he got that Pheonix Zanpakuto sealing item, but I don't think that he is the bad guy, still didn't see it coming :p.

Next week, Bankai Ichigo ver. Fullbring (must admit that the way they spell it in the anime, it does sound nice ;P) owns Ginjou and next week after next week, Urahara subdues Ichigo with his bankai... well his Shikai was first shown against Ichigo, so it would be pretty cool if his bankai was first shown against Ichigo as well ;P.
    I think the sealing thing belonged to the Shihoin House (the cat lady's family), IOTW one of the founding houses of SS.

Quote Originally Posted by aggeroff View Post
    When did we every see Ginjo have a badge (that wasn't Ichigo's)? I think he threw his away.
    I thought it was Ichigo's too.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    I would've guessed Toushiro before him, and then expect Toushiro to say, "I'm cold as ice b!tch
    Only if he gets to put on sunglasses afterwards! Best line of Bleach dialogue evar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    Lastly, what does SS do with the information Ichigo gives them? Who receives it in the end?
    It's used in targeted advertising, of course. That way, he only gets ads for things similar to what he has bought in the past, or places that he likes to go. Haven't you ever used a Facebook?

We're gonna see just how much floor Ginjou thinks he's gonna be able to clean when Ichigo is in Bankai next week!

And to be on the safe side, can we just go ahead and arrest and/or execute all of the "friendly", "weak-looking", "unassuming", and "sickly" in Soul Society. You would get rid of at least 80% of the story's future antagonists (Isane--mind your shit! We're watching you...)

THEY CANCELLED THE REAL PIRATE KINGS OF RAFTEL?!!!

Proud (and confused) subscriber of Shonen Jump Alpha.

SS has been keeping tabs on Ichigo all this time and keeping his power in a manageable state while also researching his strengths and weaknesses should he ever pose a threat. It's not a surprise but still a blow to Ichigo's resolve, especially in an arc where he's experienced complete and total estrangement from his family and friends, even if it was brief the damage was done. Poor guy's morale has to be nearly shot by this point.

That seriously does suck though. Tsukishima brainwashes all of Ichigo's family and friends. Then Ginjou reveals his secret plan and betrays Ichigo, showing him his role in XCTUTION was a ruse all this time only to give the members more powerful Fullbring. Now finally after SS comes to his rescue and restores a little faith, it turns out THEY also betrayed his trust ever since he became a Sub-Shinigami. Ichigo's been backstabbed so many times he could be confused for a pincushion.

Ukitake was also a shock, that's definitely intriguing. I don't think it's coincidence that Rukia's captain it the one behind it either. Her new role as lieutenant may make things even more volatile. I'm sure she hated having to keep Ichigo in the dark like that, but knew there wasn't anything she could do.

Ichigo mentally has to be drained, and is going all out now with his Bankai. For all of Ginjou's lies, plans, and deceit I think it's about time someone shuts him up, with the obvious choice being his successor.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

It's used in targeted advertising, of course. That way, he only gets ads for things similar to what he has bought in the past, or places that he likes to go. Haven't you ever used a Facebook?
    rofl

Ukitake browsing Facebook while in SS, checking Ichigo's profile: "People you may know" (screen suggests both Ishidas, Keigo, Tatsuki). Ichigo performs a new status update: "So when will Keigo finally admit he's gay?" new update: "Ishida went to knitting class with Kon".