Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Deevolution & Reevolution of the Rinnegan power

I thought about making a thread like this a while back but I wanted to explore all the connections from the Sage of the 6 Paths power down to his descendants and how it all relates.

We all know the story, the Sage of the 6 paths became a legend by sealing the Jyuubi in himself saving the world so the story goes. However of great interest was the picture of the Jyuubi eyes with Rinnegan pattern combined with Sharingan tomoe's. This seems to indicate the Jyuubi was placed under some kind of Dojutsu control. Since the Rinnegan power is the source of the Sharingan this is not far fetched.

Perhaps the full power of the Rinnegan has not been shown and much like the Sharingan its use depends on the skill set of the person using it. We know the Sharingan for instance is is geared toward Genjutsu given the Uchiha's strong mental energies but someone like Sasuke who is not that spectacular at Genjutsu focuses on the Ninjutsu/ Taijutsu aspects that the Sharingan helps him with.

Nagato was more a Ninjutsu type considering he was trained by Jiraiya as well also suggest Genjutsu may not really be a major strong point for him. Perhaps if the Rinnegan is wielded by Genjutsu master they can activate a jutsu like Tsukiyomi and subdue someone with a dojutsu stare alone.

However back to the legend we know the Sage had two sons who both inherited half of his power each but what exact abilities they had is not clear. The elder son gained Dojutsu eyes but there where obviously different from the fathers as he only had the mental energies not the vitality. The Younger son may have had special power or he may have just had incredible vitality that theoretically would allow him to live to an old age.

- So fast foward to the semi present and we have all the genetic descendants clans of the Rikudou Sennin lined up the Hyuuga, Uchiha , Senju & the Uzamaki. If we look at the abilities of the Rinnegan including the 6 paths we may also be able to clue ourselves in how these abilities translated down. .

The 6 Paths powers:

The Deva Paths Shina tesnei uses huge amounts of chakra on large scale can level an entire village.

Asura Path power creates some kind of mechanical armor which relates to body modification

Preta Path power consumes chakra literally and adds it to its own stamina supply

Human path can read minds but at the expense of killing them by removing their soul

Animal Path uses time space jutsu to summon creates

Naraka Path summons the king of hell and can interrogate opponents as well as revived the dead

Now lets look how this relates to the 4 clans:

Hyuuga's Byakugan

Said to be one of the 3 great Dojutsu, the direct link to the Byakugan seems to relate more to the visual abilities of Rinnegan. We know the Rinnegan allows the user to see from multiple points of view through various copy eyes giving the user a wider field of vision.

The Byakugan seemed to evolve this power into a single eye with the ability to see in nearly all directions at once. If you remove the ripple pattern of the Rinnegan it looks similar to the Byakugan so that to me suggest they genetically lost a majority of the mental energies but retained the genetics for a Dojutsu so gained only the most basic ability.

However their eyes having only this basic ability has evolved to allow them even greater visual insight than the Rinnegan or the Sharingan. The ability to see through walls, telescoping zoom and the ability to see the chakra network.

This ability makes them well suited or countering Taijutsu.

Uchiha's Sharingan(MS,EMS)

Some of the Rinnegan's abilities can be seen in the Sharingan and all its variations. The ability to subdue an opponet with only stare which may extend to the MS may come directly from the Rinnegan ability used by the Rikudou sennin also shown by Tobi as infinite Tsyukiyomi.

The black flames of Amatersu can also bee seen surrounding the King of Hell summon used by Naraka Path In the manga they seem black but the anime makes them purple.

I wonder if the Time space jutsu of animal realm also connects to the Time space jutsu of the MS eyes of Kakashi & Tobi.

With strong mental energies of the Uchiha the Sharingan is best suited for countering Genjutsu.

Senju Clan

Literally translates to clan of thousand hands or clan of thousand skills. Unlike other clans which may have focused on a specific skill set like shadow manipulation or bug's the Senju where known to be masters of Ninjutsu, Taijutsu & Genjutsu which is why they where so feared. They inherited the strong body and vitality of the younger brother power and may explain why they where well suited and mastering all forms of jutsu.

Looking specifically at Hashirama as everyone seems to be busy trying to siphon off his power these days and yet we have to wonder what is so special about his ability. Firstly we know he had the ability to combine Earth and Water and use Mokutan but the reason why might relate more to his special chakra. Using his special chakra literally as a source of life he could influence trees to grow.

With his special chakra he could subdue tailed beasts and this power may relate directly to Naraka Path's power from the King of Hell with its ability to immobilize and the Outer Paths ability to restore life bringing the dead back.

Uzamaki Clan

The distant relative of the Senju they seemed to inherit mainly the intense Vitality of the younger son perhaps more so than even the Senju. They also where passed down the Fuinjutsu techniques of the Sage of the 6 paths which they probably further developed.

We also see some of them like Kushina had special chakra similar to Hashirama that allowed her an ability to control and subdue tailed beasts.

Recent discoveries

Now we look at recent chapter and we see the Sharingan---MS---EMS-- + Hashirama chakra can become--->Rinnegan but does this grant the user greater abilities than the original Rinnegan? Edo Madara was shown using Sunsaoo while using his Rinnegan so is this an unfair advantage and can he also use Amaterasu?

Its open to discussion so lets....

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Cool post/topic there POW.
    One thing about So6P that puzzles me is during Tobi's battle with Konan I believe he mentioned that Izanagi can turn illusion into reality and reality into illusion and that it was the jutsu responsible for the creation of the Juubi.
    This sparked a few questions in my mind, how might izanagi fit with the paths/rinnegan, if at all?
    But more importantly for a guy whose mission was supposedly world peace why would he create such a terrifying beast ??
    And if it was supposed to be a weapon how bad could the threat have been? Or was the sage a guy who could simply never do things by halves?

well, a lot of ppl assume that the nagato/madara rinnegan is the same as the SO6P rinnegan, i think ppl need to make that distinction as evolving your own eyes to rinnegan is vastly different than getting it from the "heavens", so while madara's rinnegan is extremely powerful it still wont compare to the power that SO6P had, as he would be able to literally generate any effect he wanted and madara is limited in that matter.

also, again you need to make the distinction between SO6P's use of izanagi and tobi's as they are different. Tobi's or rather the normal version can only affect the person that used it where as SO6P's version can affect himself and others(the juubi) so they are certainly different.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntman_exe View Post
    Cool post/topic there POW.
    One thing about So6P that puzzles me is during Tobi's battle with Konan I believe he mentioned that Izanagi can turn illusion into reality and reality into illusion and that it was the jutsu responsible for the creation of the Juubi.
    This sparked a few questions in my mind, how might izanagi fit with the paths/rinnegan, if at all?
    But more importantly for a guy whose mission was supposedly world peace why would he create such a terrifying beast ??
    And if it was supposed to be a weapon how bad could the threat have been? Or was the sage a guy who could simply never do things by halves?
    You misread, the Rikudou used Izanagi to divide the Juubi's power and create the nine Bijuu we know today. He made it weaker/easier to deal with as smaller beasts.

I disagree. Rinnegan = Rinnegan. Only distinct difference is the individual using it, not the doujutsu itself. The SO6P was able to use it more effectively because he is a superior ninja. He has the peak physical energies of the Senju and Uzumaki within himself. That is alot of chakra and energy at his disposal that Nagato did not have, I also doubt Madara is on par with these energies. Also, depending on the time he may also have had the juubi chakra at his disposal. You add that to his reservoir and he is unstoppable.

Sig and Ava by Imotochan

Quote Originally Posted by Shinhan View Post
    I disagree. Rinnegan = Rinnegan. Only distinct difference is the individual using it, not the doujutsu itself. The SO6P was able to use it more effectively because he is a superior ninja. He has the peak physical energies of the Senju and Uzumaki within himself. That is alot of chakra and energy at his disposal that Nagato did not have, I also doubt Madara is on par with these energies. Also, depending on the time he may also have had the juubi chakra at his disposal. You add that to his reservoir and he is unstoppable.
    I agree withe the user path, I doubt the five Kages can even beat the Kyuubi, probably last a good while, but not defeat it with all of them still alive(meaning no Death God) so how would they be able to fight a man that beat the Juubi, and they seem to stand a fair chance against Madara.

Now, you can arguably say that Kushina was able to control the Kyuubi because of her special chakra, but I think it's more about the level of her sealing technique, and the arguable part is that she can perform such a high lvl and strong technique because her chakra is special, or just because she's an Uzumaki, meaning all Uzumaki's in general would be able to do it.

I think there's no doubt at all that the Rinnegan is the "father" of all the current Dojutsu's and that they would have similar ability's to their "father", but not as strong or as many with each Dojutsu.

But what I find most interesting is the Byakugan's meaning in all this, as it is, I still see the Byakugan as superior to the Sharingan(not really the point) but when you take MS or EMS for that matter, the Byakugan has no chance, so did Kakashi mean that he thinks the Byakugan is better over all, or just the superior to the lvl one Sharingan, if he did mean it's over all better, then what might be so great about the Byakugan.
    Ofc this part is just me cleaning my thoughts, unlikely, with the way things are and being so near the end as we are, that we will see anything else coming from the Byakugan.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

Kakashi simply stated the Byakugans visual insight surpasses the Sharingan which is true. The Byakugan can see the chakra points and and chakra circulatory system as well as see nearly 359 degrees plus has the ability to Zoom and see for miles. Neither the Sahringan or Rinnegan can do this but its power is limited to viusal insight and it has no powers like the other 2 dojutsu..

Thats why I say the spiritual energies of the Hyuuga got weaker than the Uchiha but they retained their dojutsu.

Fire type

Quote Originally Posted by Shinhan View Post
    I mostly agree, and our disagreements might just be semantics. I think that the strongest Senju would not have been as strong as the Younger Brother, nor would the strongest Uchiha have been as strong as the older brother. Furthermore if The Younger brother would have gained the Older Brother's power, and thus obtained a Rinnegan, their combined powers may possibly still not equal their Father (SO6P) in Potency.

As it were, Madara's Rinnegan powers would be only as potent as the potential from his Sharingan and hashirama's Vitality can give.

Madara < Older Brother, Hashirama < Younger Brother => Madara + Hashirama < SO6P

Rikudou Madara < SO6P

In other words, Madara may wield Rinnegan powers, but he won't be able to perform some of the top notch Feats of the SO6P.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    I mostly agree, and our disagreements might just be semantics. I think that the strongest Senju would not have been as strong as the Younger Brother, nor would the strongest Uchiha have been as strong as the older brother. Furthermore if The Younger brother would have gained the Older Brother's power, and thus obtained a Rinnegan, their combined powers may possibly still not equal their Father (SO6P) in Potency.

As it were, Madara's Rinnegan powers would be only as potent as the potential from his Sharingan and hashirama's Vitality can give.

Madara < Older Brother, Hashirama < Younger Brother => Madara + Hashirama < SO6P

Rikudou Madara < SO6P

In other words, Madara may wield Rinnegan powers, but he won't be able to perform some of the top notch Feats of the SO6P.
    Yhe, I doubt we will see Madara use SO6P's Izanagi and create a load of Juubi's.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

Nice topic. Im going to be slightly off topic first and forgive the last of commas or appostrophes Im typing this from my phone and for some reason the keyboard isnt working the way it should in this text box. This topic has first got me thinking that the byakugan only exists for the Naruto x Hinata matchup at the end of the series. That way Naruto can have a child capable of surpassing him and Kishimoto can continue with Naruto Z or GT or whatever he decides to call it. I dont think the 6 paths of Pain are a foil or representation of the unique clans in the Narutoverse. I think Nagato was forced to use the Rinnegan in that way because he was only an Uzumaki. The Rinnegan likely caused a greater strain on Nagato than the Sharingan on Kakashi. It probably took years off his life. Perhaps you could say its because he was an Uzumaki that he lasted as long as he did but thats just more proof of the stain. I think its more likely that the power of six different clans is a foil to the power of the Sage. First we need to split the power into 2. Physical and Spiritual. So there are three clans that have traits from the younger brother and three clans that have traits from the older brother. Original Senju and Uchiha may have inter bred to create these six clans with different combinations of physical(P) and spiritual(S) traits. Three clans with physical Kekkei Genkai and three with spiritual. I think these clans were also differentiated by elemental affinity. So we have Senju Uchiha Uzumaki Hyuga. The other two? Perhaps Hakus clan or Kimmimaro? Im not sure. I think there are two types of KK you can have above the clan level too. Ones you get from the sage and ones you get from being a jinchurriki.