Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Questionable theories...? Mito+Karin=what?

I had this idea pop into my head today and its actually quite odd in one sense and at the very least plausible because of unknown background stories on certain characters.

*My apologies if someone has already posted on this or make a similar topic ETC, I just started reading these forums again after one year or so off and havent looked back to see if anyone has come up with anything similar*

The idea is this: In the series, there has been two character that I just noticed that are similar in a handful of ways. (Again, a lot of this is speculative but thats why in the the theory section )

Mito Uzumaki and Karin... LOLWUT?

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Karin

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Mito_Uzumaki

Well based off there appearance in the manga, they both have long red-ish hair(Mito, as far as I know, has not appeared in the anime but since she is from the Uzumaki clan, I can at least assume she has red hair)

Both have Pupil-less eyes, I cannot say they both have red eyes but Karin does have red eyes. (Kushina and the Konoha leader didnt have pupil-less eyes, Kunshina's eyes are similar to naruto's own eyes, so I cannot say its a Uzumaki clan trait but its in both there character designs)

Both are sensor types that sense negative emotions, while as far as I know Karin's abilities see the chakra and its based off the feeling she gets from it, good or bad. According to the wiki she had the ability to sense negative emotion due to her control of the nine tail fox. So while I cannot say she didnt have the ability before hand, she did have it, I guess in a similar fashion to Naruto in his nine tail chakra form sensing emotions.

So where am I getting at with all this... Karin, based off character design and her own back story of being a survivor of a small village that was burned to the ground during a war(the Uzumaki clan was destroyed, but I am also sure other clans where destroyed in a similar fashion, so it cannot be use as definitive proof but as a similarity), is one of the last surviving members of the Uzumaki clan.

I believe Kushina mentioned to naruto that since there village was destroyed, that the surviving members scattered to different parts of the world, and probably other clans. But that also gets thrown into question when she is first seen with a distinguishable headband of Kusagakure but you can also say, since Oro was the one who found her, he may have placed her in that village when she appeared in the first chunin exam, when sasuke saved her. So her true village is, at this point, impossible to say.

While this is all speculative, at the very least some of this is based on what I have seen. Its either strictly a design choice by Kishimoto when he designed Karin and gave Mito her appears to be similar to Karin's look.

Or there is another huge, plot hole inducing bit that is going to come up with Naruto and what could be the last of his clan if he meets up with her again at some point in the manga.

So that's what I got, I want to see if anyone else see this and can either agree of disagree with me. Because the more I think about the visible similarities and what is known for sure, its at least in the area of plausible but unlikely.

EPIC!!!

Well, my first question would be where does that wiki get all this info about Uzumaki Mito? None of her background has been fleshed out beyond being an Uzumaki and what she did for Hashirama. So her abilities, before and after becoming a Jinchuuriki, are still a mystery. So on that point, your theory falls apart (for now, at least).

Anyway, if the wiki is to be believed, Karin couldn't have come from the former whirlpool country as that had been destroyed long before she was born. She was alive to witness her village's destruction. So as far as trying to link her as an Uzumaki based on that won't work. So all we really have to work on is her appearance. She hasn't been given a family name yet (just like Nagato before Tobi dropped the bomb), so if Kishi wanted to make her an Uzumaki all of a sudden, he could. As for myself, she's just some stray ninja that Oro picked off the side of the road.

I remember this, ago there was a prediction by someone on naruto sploiers blog that said very simular things to this.

HE also added of the connection of karin and tsuande abut anyway anything could happen.

I definitively thinks it's plausible that Karin is a Uzumaki. And @Afro Thunda, just because Karin weren't alive when the Uzumaki's went down, doesn't mean that her mother/father/both got away. Tho, being able to sense someone by their negative emotions like Naruto is a Kyuubi trait, which is why Mito would also be able to do it. And once again @Afro Thunda, this i don't know, but maybe it's from the databooks?

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Well, Izuna's normal (not sharingan ;p) eyes were red as well in the anime, so maybe she is a descendant of the Uchiha ;P.

Who knows maybe she is an Uzumaki descendant, her hair is red and her chakra is filled with so much life energy that it heals the one that bite and suck it from her (unless they suck something else...).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    I definitively thinks it's plausible that Karin is a Uzumaki. And @Afro Thunda, just because Karin weren't alive when the Uzumaki's went down, doesn't mean that her mother/father/both got away.
    As I mentioned, I only said that using the destruction of Whirlpool country and the destruction of Karin's village as a basis to say that she's an Uzumaki wouldn't work. I didn't say it discredits the idea of her being an Uzumaki entirely. This theory is really only based on Karin's appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage
    And once again @Afro Thunda, this i don't know, but maybe it's from the databooks?
    No idea what you're responding to here.

The main reason I made that comparison is two fold. IF Kishimoto decided to or already has picked her out as another survivor of the Uzumaki clan, her design is fairly close enough to what is described as a Uzumaki clan member. It isnt a huge stretch to say that she is a surviving member. The second reason that, I believe that Kishimoto is a good story teller, and like a good story teller does is that he would leave hints in past chapters and use them as a call back mechanic to say, hey look, Karin's red hair and ambiguous back story was already there, I merely bridged the gap via "X" event to link them.

And I do agree with Afro Thunda, this is purely based on designs and similar features on two characters based on what is known of the Uzumaki clan and I believe that Kishimoto left it open enough to link it, if the story warrants a need for another member to show up. While, I know its not super definitive and there are a handful of key background parts that are missing, I think it could be revealed at a later date, if its needed story-wise.

Its open to interpretations, whether or not someone sees what I think I am seeing is up to that person. But I believe this notion that Karin being a member of the Uzumaki clan is at the very least, plausible

EPIC!!!

Oh, Kishi's left it very open if he wanted to make Karin an Uzumaki. She has no family name, plus red hair that was said to be common among Uzumaki members. Add to that that Kushina said members of the remaining members of the Uzumaki clan scattered about the world after the village's destruction. So he's got the proper setup needed to bring in any random Uzumaki clan members if he so chooses. And it's this fact that keeps me from totally shooting down this theory completely.

DAMN YOU, KISHIIIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    No idea what you're responding to here.
    Understandable. Your comment on where the information on Mito comes from, namely her ability's. Haven't read any so it's just a suggestion.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Afro Thunda View Post
    DAMN YOU, KISHIIIIIIII!!!!
    Yea I know what you mean. Trying to predict this series is a large pain in the ass, much like the 4th Hokage=Naruto's Father thingy way back when. It was so apparent and all it took was just one simple conversation with Tsunade and Jiriyia to link it. And with this, realistically to could happen just as easily...

EPIC!!!