2 10.00%
  • |3| Average

5 25.00%
  • |2| Bad

1 5.00%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Byakuya with no regard for human life! He knocked Tsukishima down a couple thousand pegs and wiped that smug look right off his face. Have to agree that Kenpachi's starting to rub off on him, that was a move straight out of his playbook. Oh and look a Bankai! Haven't seen one of those in ages.

Now hopefully Rukia can salvage her fight, despite her new promoted status she doesn't seem to have changed her tactics much. I think she's taken Riruka too lightly. Then again it's the token girl/comic relief fight so I shouldn't be surprised.

As long as everything just keeps on flowing forward, then that's already enough.
    Where there's a will there's a way!
    Spoiler!

I thought this chapter was great coming off of that letdown last week. I really liked Byakuya getting in touch with his inner Kenpachi. Next thing you know, we'll have two crazy captains chasing Ichigo around looking for a fight! lol...

I wouldn't say Byakuya knocked Tsukishima down "a thousand pegs". After all, he forced Byakuya to step outside his "comfort zone", so to speak. I knew Byakuya and Ichigo would have the toughest fights out of everyone, but I didn't think Tsukishima would give Byakuya as much trouble as he did. It's certainly safe to assume that his abilities are truly broken. In any case, totally wasn't expecting Byakuya to stab him with his hand to finish Tsukishima off. But I guess if you've trained with your sword all your life and your opponent knows that, the last thing they'd expect is to get punched lol.

Ichigo should be able to take his powers back from Ginjou. plus, Ichigo can probably revert him back to a normal human being. If that happens, Ginjou will reveal something major to Ichigo that will be a set up for the final Bleach story arc.

Great chapter.

Ok so Riruka pulled a houdini on us. Who's with me on maybe she went inside Rukia? Tsukishima got a little bit to cocky for his own good. Am glad Byakuya brought out his inner Kenpachi to get the job done. But I believe Tsuki's not done yet, let's see what he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilight View Post
    Oh and look a Bankai! Haven't seen one of those in ages.
    I know right and am glad that it was Byakuya that gave it to us seeing who his opponent is we all should have saw it coming.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Great chapter.

Ok so Riruka pulled a houdini on us. Who's with me on maybe she went inside Rukia? Tsukishima got a little bit to cocky for his own good. Am glad Byakuya brought out his inner Kenpachi to get the job done. But I believe Tsuki's not done yet, let's see what he does.

I know right and am glad that it was Byakuya that gave it to us seeing who his opponent is we all should have saw it coming.
    Exactly... if riruka can do it using other souls why not to herself... placing her inside rukia, it would be the perfect get away/victory without killing anyone and to get even closer to ichigo lols!

I can't really see cleary about the last page did tsukishima fell down after the hit? knowing kubo he might pull a troll on us and tsukishima might still have something up his sleeve... but i guess he pushed byakuya to the limits out of his comfort zone... far more than what any have done.. arrancar or shinigamis

Exactly... if riruka can do it using other souls why not to herself... placing her inside rukia, it would be the perfect get away/victory without killing anyone and to get even closer to ichigo lols!
    lol!

Anyway, I loved the twist to end this fight. I was wondering how Kubo was going to pull it off but the simple brutality of what Byakuya did was just so awesome. This was easily the best chapter in weeks. It flowed well, the dialogue was complimentary as opposed to the dialogue being the battle, the art work was great and I love both Rukia's and Byakuya's new hair styles to death. Is it just me or are they actually somewhat similar, but Byakuya's a bit longer?

Also, I want to add that what Byakuya did was more Ulquiorra-esque than Kenpachi-esque. It's rare for him to go straight for the kill like that, he likes to toy with his opponents unless he considers them weak which was not the case here. Byakuya however fights out of necessity rather than for fun, like Ulquiorra did and that makes all the difference to the hand-job (chestburst?) tbh.

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    Byakuyas finisher was really nonsensical. Tsukishima basically stood still, and allowed Byakuya to go put a hole in him. If he's too slow to react to that, Byakuya could have gutted him like a fish ages ago.

Tsukishima: See I told you! Move your bankai inside the hurtless area, and you'll mince yourself!
    Byakuya: Aha! You fool, this was part of my ingenious plan to grab hold of some of my bankai shrapnel!
    Tsukishima:........ you couldn't think of a way that didn't involve putting your arm down a blender?
    Byakuya: Silence! Now watch, as holding some broken glass in my closed hand allows me to punch right through you somehow!

Speaking of, this chapter gave me major Aizen deja vu:
    What do you do when you've given a villain a completely overpowered ability and every concievable advantage in a fight...and needs them to lose?
    Most writers would find a problem with making this beievable.

Kubo doesn't see a problem. He just lets them lose, because.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----

Damn, Daz is back just in time! We were in real danger of turning into care bears here, complete with care bear stare circle-jerk. Thank you Daz for bringing the hate back!

Anyway, back on topic I think that most people are saying Byakuya released his inner Kenpachi not because of the way he killed(hopefully) Tsuki, but because he actually enjoyed the battle he had. I agree that the killing blow(hopefully) was definitely more reminincient of Ulquiorra in deed and mentality. In any case it was definitely a big step out of the norm for Byakuya and very welcome imo.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Byakuyas finisher was really nonsensical. Tsukishima basically stood still, and allowed Byakuya to go put a hole in him. If he's too slow to react to that, Byakuya could have gutted him like a fish ages ago.
    Guess you didn't understand what happened there. That's usually the case when you're looking for anything to hate on. In any case, due to Tsukishima having "trained" with Byakuya forever and Byakuya never having trained in anything but the way of the sword (it seems), Tsukishima never expected to Byakuya to punch him. That's the reason he was caught with a hand through his chest. Looking at it like that, it's way more believable than what was needed to beat Aizen (and he still survived in the end).

Your dialogue of the situation made me chuckle though.