• |3| Average

3 18.75%
  • |2| Bad

1 6.25%
  • |1| Terrible

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by POW View Post
    - coming off the high of reading Naruto this was meh...

- okay so some random flashbacks on their pasts

- Its hard for me to take this girl seriously

- Needs more kenpachi !!!
    I agree, the chapter this week was pretty meh for me as well. But then again, so was Naruto.

I don't really care enough about the foolbringers to warrant having flashbacks of them(excepting Riruka). I'm not down with Kubo forcing us to try and identify with them in some kind of attempt to make us like them better. I hope this doesn't mean that he plans on keeping them all around. Then again he has yet to get rid of characters on whom we get fleshed out stories on.

Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post
    Is ginjou/riruka implying that they are the prey? and the the predators are the shinigami? and its time for them to fight back and change everything, it seems to me that ginjou was fucked up by SS, some long time ago. These could say about what most people has been saying in forums is true that the SS/royal realm are the true evil here, that they are merely using people with powers like ichigo etc. and dispose of them when they don't need them. Only time they approve of them is when they need there abilities. The genryusai return the favor speech was probably just BS and a front for something they want ichigo to do, to be for SS and maybe the royal realm that only ichigo can do and not anyone else
    I don't doubt that this is how Ginjou's thinking works, but I doubt that is what is really happening. Don't forget that Ichigo's own dad is formerly a shinigami of SS and while we don't know why he left yet, I am sure that if SS were as detrimental as all that he would have warned Ichigo off of them. And no, I don't believe that Isshin is a bad guy either. Though Urahara still might be... lol.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Quote Originally Posted by my2kb22 View Post
    Didn't they say before that there powers originated from hollows, it is when they're parents were attacked by hollows before they were even born... some of the residual hollow reiatsu was pass down to the unborn child and later on developed what we know now as fullbring.

Or maybe what you're pointing at is there is no Flashbacks as to when or how these event/attacks happened since all of this was explained to ichigo by ginjou in the early chapters and are just only words describing the origin of fullbring
    Both my2kb22. Plus the parent/hollow altercation cant be the case for Jakie. In the flash back, when she got back home is when she found her family dead. Yukio's parents looked pretty much alive and unharmed, aswell.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    Great chapter.

Some nice flashbacks. Giriko's was kind of twisted though. Why would you do that your wife son? Now I feel no remorse for him being split in half by Kenpachi. I wonder what Riruka just do to Rukia.
    Exactly.

Girikio seems to be the only one that was a villain from the start, but that just makes me like the guy a hell of a lot more.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Both my2kb22. Plus the parent/hollow altercation cant be the case for Jakie. In the flash back, when she got back home is when she found her family dead. Yukio's parents looked pretty much alive and unharmed, aswell.
    "The parent/hollow altercation" you are describing weren't any of those flashbacks because it happened before they were even able to come out of their mothers womb.. like ginjou said, all of the fullbringers has their parents,(probably the pregnant mothers) attacked by hollows before they were even born, so before jackie (the attack on jackies family you are describing is clearly mentioned by jackie that it was related to her fathers illegal black market activities, they were massacred by hoodlums/gansters or whatever and it ain't hollow related) or yukio could even walk the earth it already happened, only it was a story by ginjou describing the origin of the fullbring on where in came from. Its already settled that fullbring powers came from hollows and it resembles it more than that of a shinigami... unless you don't believe ginjou or you think he lies all the time like aizen lols....

On the other hand notice the difference in the age when each individual awakened their fullbring. Riruka was at least 5 years old, yukio i think also at the age maybe more although not elaborated, jackie also was a bit older(late teens) when he showed up at home when her family were massacred due to his fathers involvement in the black market, giriko was already at his prime at around 30's more or less when he used it to kill his wife. Chad awakened his when he was 15 at the start of the story line, and if inoue is a fullbringer then she also awakened it at around 15. The only thing we don't know is about, ginjou, tsukishima and shishigawara or something and most of all why the hell does ichigo have a fullbring ability?, is it because his mom was attacked while she was pregnant with him or is it because of his hollow powers?..... the age he awakened it, was forcefully trained out of him by ginjou was at 17.. i wouldn't be surprise by that since the age variety of awakening you're fullbring varies differently form one person to another.

Quote Originally Posted by SquadZero View Post
    I agree, the chapter this week was pretty meh for me as well. But then again, so was Naruto.

I don't doubt that this is how Ginjou's thinking works, but I doubt that is what is really happening. Don't forget that Ichigo's own dad is formerly a shinigami of SS and while we don't know why he left yet, I am sure that if SS were as detrimental as all that he would have warned Ichigo off of them. And no, I don't believe that Isshin is a bad guy either. Though Urahara still might be... lol.
    The last part of naruto was great when the 5 kages unite to fight undead madara, that was the awesome part!, but the rest was as you mentioned just ok hehe.......

On to bleach.. Well i think that there ain't anymore villain that could possibly surpass the strength of the immortal, undying, OPed aizen.. The only possible villains that could equal aizen in power can come from the zero squad, the royal realm or whatever that is if not in SS... maybe not individually but as a group. The fullbringers(with there far fetch abilities)even with tsukishima who could give byakuya a hard fight or ginjou who was once a substitute shinigami and can use some of ichigo's power wouldn't last 5 seconds against aizen, remember he wiped out all the captain's and visoreds all by his lonesome lol. Though urahara intellectually is above aizen, ... He can make a great villain... i sure hope that this fullbring arc is connected somehow, it is already known that it is connected to SS because of ginjou, maybe possibly urahara and isshin since ginjou "knows them well"... now whats left is aizen or the royal realm.
    Last edited by my2kb22; 11-03-2011 at 12:13 AM.

The thing about this chapter I feel wasn't so much about giving the fullbringers a background story as it was to explain their abilities to some degree. The common demoniator among all of them is that there is a physical object that they latch onto, ascribing it more meaning than others, with the exception here being Rirukia that I didn't quite get (also, she doesn't seem to use any "item" at all as her fullbring). All of these objects also seem to relate to the situation that caused the rise of their powers while the powers themselves seem to be randomly abstract.

To me, the fullbring seems to epitomize their situation.

Also, Ichigo isn't a fullbringer per se if we follow Ginjo's logic since his mother was never attacked by a hollow while he was in the womb that we know of, therefore, he cannot logically follow that logic.

Other than that, kind of meh chapter. Too much brooding over dead characters that didn't add that much substance.

Nice Chapter.

Rukia gets f**ked up again, as usual, without disappointment(don't know how to drag it any more, lol).

Nuff said about this chapter, does anyone think Ginjo will pull out a Bankai as well............by that i mean Ichigo's Bankai?
    Also, i think Ginjo will be beaten and just before death, he will be saved by Ichigo's boss. Why? Well, there seems to be some character development around her, so i think she might play a big part in this arc.

Ginjou wants to be a revolutionary for the human race and doesn't agree with the laws of Soul Society. plus, i think he was passed off by Isshin and that's why, he has a grudge against the Kurosaki family.

back stories on the fullbringers were okay, i do hope, there is some revelation behind Ginjou and Tsukishima's background. Byakuya will probably defeat Tsukishima with kidou.

Quote Originally Posted by LeaT View Post
    The thing about this chapter I feel wasn't so much about giving the fullbringers a background story as it was to explain their abilities to some degree. The common demoniator among all of them is that there is a physical object that they latch onto, ascribing it more meaning than others, with the exception here being Rirukia that I didn't quite get (also, she doesn't seem to use any "item" at all as her fullbring). All of these objects also seem to relate to the situation that caused the rise of their powers while the powers themselves seem to be randomly abstract.

To me, the fullbring seems to epitomize their situation.

Also, Ichigo isn't a fullbringer per se if we follow Ginjo's logic since his mother was never attacked by a hollow while he was in the womb that we know of, therefore, he cannot logically follow that logic.

Other than that, kind of meh chapter. Too much brooding over dead characters that didn't add that much substance
    My Sentiments exactly.

I think I'll pass on reading Bleach for a few Chapters, at least until the Slashing, Crushing, and Burning resumes.

Good thing about the previous arc with the Hollows being antagonists was that we weren't being asked to empathize with them, and Aizen was an unambiguously bad guy (same as Madara or Orochimaru in Naruto).

I like that kind of simplicity in my fiction

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Prick List: Gaara, Bee Genesis 1.0's Avatar
    And the world rejoices as one less voice of negativity graces the Bleach Chapter review.

"For I being a poor man, have only my dreams & I have spread them beneath your feet. Tread carefully, for you tread upon my dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Genesis 1.0 View Post
    And the world rejoices as one less voice of negativity graces the Bleach Chapter review.
    I doubt that.

The world (minus my close friends and family) couldn't care less about either Paulbee or Bleach, quite frankly. You my friend on the other hand apparently do.

And Thanks for the Cynical remark.
    Last edited by paulbee; 11-07-2011 at 04:47 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !