Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Books

Currently not reading anything [mostly into sci-fi/fantasy, fiction, mythology & religion].

The last book I read was "Angels & Demons". It was 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x better than it's movie counterpart [which was complete garbage]
    Last edited by Rift; 05-22-2009 at 04:21 AM.

Currently Reading:
    Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail, Gantz, Medaka Box, Beelzebub, Soul Eater, Claymore, Ao no Exorcist

State Alchemist Monkey D. Dragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redstrife View Post
    The last book I read was "Angels & Demons". It was 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 x better than it's movie counterpart [which was complete garbage]
    Yep I agree. The only part I found awesome in the movie was when the antimatter blows, the special effects were insane.

Quote Originally Posted by erynsim View Post
    I also loved the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy "trilogy".
    oh yes! my favorite five book trilogy ever lol.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Decidedly Undecided
    Let's see...

Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, the Eragon series, the one Rurouni Kenshin novel(i forget the subheading), the Harry Potter series, Heavy Metal and You(not a self-help guide)...Uh...Hmm, what else...The Complete Works of Edgar Allen Poe, Purgatory's Gate(decent book for 7 bucks), and the Artemis Fowulseries.

(sig by Cross)

my deviantart page...:http://hagane90.deviantart.com/
    Note, I have no real drawing talent, so it'll be mostly literature.

Proud Grammar Nazi

I just finished reading:

"Heavier than Heaven"(Best evar biography about Nirvana Frontman Kurt Cobain)
    "Night"(Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel summarizes his experiences in the concentration camp Aushwitz.)

Slovakia, not Slovenia - LEARN THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE !!!
    I envy you guys. I am actualy unable to read through the entire book bcs it makes me fall asleep and bcs my interest drops down after the first 40-60 pages.

Thats why I prefer movies n E-books
    FAVOURITE MANGAS
    Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Fairy Tail, Claymore, Ao No Exorcist, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Gamaran, Toriko, Vinland Saga, Gantz, Wolf Guy, Deadman Wonderland, Vagabond, Blade of The Immortal, Battle Royale, Zettman

Not read a book in a long, long time, much to my discredit. Bah...

I have to concur with Mister Death's assessment of A Song of Ice and Fire in the first post, these books are - for me - everything that fantasy should be. Extremely strong characterisation, good writing, a decidedly more gritty, unsentimental tone than is typical in high fantasy, the typical epic plot, though this time occuring on several simultaneous levels, inspiration taken from real sources as well as mythology... The guy writes slooowly though, been years since the last book.

Speaking of fantasy (Or is it sci-fi...? Both I suppose.) I mentioned a series of novels a while ago in another thread on the subject of most changed fictional characters, that being Julian May's Saga of the Exiles (And Intervention, and the Galactic Milieu... Technically that is two seperate series with Intervention being the link book, but they're consanguineous) which across all of the books (And you won't get it from either series individually, it's convoluted) tells the story of Marc Remillard, who is both a rebel, war criminal, mass murderer, eugenecist, Satan figure, racial supremacist and self-sacrificing hero, benevolent galactic overseer, more human than human transhuman and all-round good guy. Sometimes he's things from both lists at once... Tough books to track down right enough, I believe they may even be out of print, which is a travesty.