Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 87

Thread: Books

  1. #1
    J.A.C. ****** Mister Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas,Tx
    Posts
    893

    Books

    Well its obvious we spent most our time reading manga. I was just wondering what books and other crap ya read.

    I am currently reading the "A Song of Ice and Fire" by George R. R. Martin is Seven part book series. So far four book out the seven have came out.

    They are

    "A Game of Thrones" Book 1
    "A Clash of Kings" Book 2
    "A Storm of Swords" Book 3
    "A Feast for Crows" Book 4

    I really enjoy this series, even though I am just on book 2. Its a fantasy setting books, the book doesn't have chapter numbering but the chapter name is normally the name of one of the main character when you read that chapter your in that characters Point Of View.

    It starts off, by Eddard Stark find 5 Dire wolves pups , one for each of his five kids, then they find a sixth dire wolf pup that all white for Eddard sixth child his bastard son John Snow.

    I know I'm not doing the book justice at the moment but I don't want to say to much and ruin the book for who ever decides to read it.

    I would give it a Five out of Five if I had to, the character are great, plus this book will make you think.

    So please tell what books you all are reading.

  2. #2
    Initiate juna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prizren/Kosova
    Posts
    15
    These are some of my favorite books.

    Yukio Mishima - Kinkakuji
    Charles Bukowski - Pulp
    Henry Miller - Quiet days in Clichy
    Agatha Christie - Three Blind Mice, Murder on the Orient Express, Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Death on the Nile, The Mystery of the Blue Train
    Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes - A Study in Scarlet
    James Grady - Six days of Condor
    Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita
    Ernest Hemingwey - The Old Man and the Sea, The Garden of Eden
    Joanne K. Rowling - Harry Potter 123456
    J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings 123

    and right now I'm reading "Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra - Don Quijote de la Mancha"

    Last edited by juna; 10-28-2007 at 12:10 AM.

  3. #3
    J.A.C. ****** Mister Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas,Tx
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by juna View Post
    These are some of my favorite books.

    Yukio Mishima - Kinkakuji
    Charles Bukowski - Pulp
    Henry Miller - Quiet days in Clichy
    Agatha Christie - Three Blind Mice, Murder on the Orient Express, Murder of Roger Ackroyd, Death on the Nile, The Mystery of the Blue Train
    Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes - A Study in Scarlet
    James Grady - Six days of Condor
    Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita
    Ernest Hemingwey - The Old Man and the Sea, The Garden of Eden
    Joanne K. Rowling - Harry Potter 123456
    J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings 123

    I have only read two of the ones you mentioned,
    Also why didn't you list the last HP book on your list.

    I have the LOTR 50th year book special. And the Hobbit .

  4. #4
    The Irish Cougar MountainLionLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Mission, KS
    Posts
    716
    Well I just got done reading,"The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star". Which is just amazing on what happened to Nikki Sixx while he was taking drugs like crazy during the Christmas of 1986 through 1987. Anyone who is a Mötley Crüe fan or just a rock fan in general should at least borrow it from the library, if those ancient things still exist around your parts.

    The next book I want to purchase/read is, "A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex". Which is the life story of Chris Jericho before he entered the WWF/WWE.
    HALO
    It's just the Metroid series remade for the Xbox crowd.
    However Samus Aran is now some unknown low ranking military personal.
    Also the space pirates worship some giant doomsday hula hoop machine.

    Currently Reading
    Karakuri Circus, Mx0, Red River, Rosario+Vampire, One Piece

    Nintendo Wii Friend's number
    3432.6005.8978.2772

  5. #5
    J.A.C. ****** Mister Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas,Tx
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainLionLink View Post
    Well I just got done reading,"The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star". Which is just amazing on what happened to Nikki Sixx while he was taking drugs like crazy during the Christmas of 1986 through 1987. Anyone who is a Mötley Crüe fan or just a rock fan in general should at least borrow it from the library, if those ancient things still exist around your parts.

    The next book I want to purchase is, "A Lion's Tale: Around the World in Spandex". Which is the life story of Chris Jericho before he entered the WWF/WWE.
    I really want to read The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star, the radio talk show guy I listen to, said he couldn't put it down. I have also read Mick Foleys first book, but then I lost my copy so I can't read it again.

  6. #6
    Initiate juna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Prizren/Kosova
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death View Post
    Also why didn't you list the last HP book on your list.
    Well, I'm still waiting for its translation in my language. And I don't wanna read it in english, while I read the other 6 in my language.

  7. #7
    J.A.C. ****** Mister Death's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dallas,Tx
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by juna View Post
    Well, I'm still waiting for its translation in my language. And I don't wanna read it in english, while I read the other 6 in my language.

    Oh, thats a good reason. I'm pretty sure its been spoiled for you though.

  8. #8
    "When will Jesus bring the pork chops?" by George Carlin has always been a fave of mine.
    I dunno if u can call it a novel, but "America, the Book" by the Daily Show crew has always made me laugh. I've been reading some short novels too like "shakugan no shana", "zero no tsukaima", "haruhi" and especially the "dot hack" series.the short novels are so killing my budget.

  9. #9
    どうしてこうなった! Sangaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Nottinghamshire
    Posts
    2,003
    Peter Kay - the sound of laughter

    Its hillarious but then peter kay always is, i doubt many people outside the UK have heard of him

  10. #10
    Retired Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    812
    Snow Crash - Neil Stephenson

    I don't really read to be honest. But this is a book i have read i don't know how many times. Its just so amazingly fantastic.

    Samurai / hacker / pizza deliveryman and that's not all. Reading some sexual exploitations of a 14 year old girl and some random guy who is old will also make you feel creapy.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    PGP Key Here

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •