Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixMarco View Post
    Yeah the universe is expanding but that doesn't mean it'll all one day shrink to nothingness. You know the age of the universe is based off how far we can see the observable universe. So we don't really know how old is the universe.If we move say 15 billion light-years will just get more of the universe on a different perspective. So we can only see as far as light travelled to us. I don't know about you but I don't believe everything will turn into nothingness.

I'm with you guys about world hunger, we do have the tech and resources to end it but it will take a lot effort to extinguish it.
    The Universe

The time it will take for the Universe to cease is soooooooooooooooooooooo long that it is not really fully conceivable, even more pointed, who wants to live that long anyways?

Food

The best point about Lab Meat is that we may at some future date cease to Farm Plants and animals for food, we'll just manufacture it. This will mean that people will be able to live in places previously thought untennable and the availability of food would be limited to the energy source and base raw materials.

While it may be true that sufficient conventional and unconventional food already exists to feed the world, I am not sure that the world is ready for such foods. There are many people who won't eat Insects for instance, and many are also averse to food preserved through radiation, even when it is safe. It also bears remembering that food scarcity sometimes has more to do with regional political instability and conflicts. There are places where food aid is left to rot because those who control the distribution will not permit it to reach the starving people.

Patenting of seeds sounds unconscionable until you consider that the seed was actually bioengineered with a lot of R&D effort, and no one is forcing anybody to use those seeds. Patents are allowed so as to encourage continued private research.

Anyways, my hope is that one day we'll be able to mass manufacture food so that Square miles of land would not have to be tied up, maybe the land could be returned to nature for instance? It would certainly be faster and more humane than raising animals for food, right?

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    The Universe

The time it will take for the Universe to cease is soooooooooooooooooooooo long that it is not really fully conceivable, even more pointed, who wants to live that long anyways?
    Where those this come from? Universe ending? Is there a theory I'm not familiar with. I still don't see no end to the Universe, it is forever ongoing, endless. And I want to live forever .

^ Not really ending so much as starting over or at least our section of it anyways. Just as there is a big bang there is also a process that leads up to this which could be considered a restart/refresh for our part of it. Big Bangs probably happen all over the universe in different sections.

Fire type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

^ Huh ? That's strange, the last time I checked the theory was that one Big Bang happens to all of the universe, basically cleansing the whole universe and thus creating a path to new beginning. I think that you meant that what happens all the time in different sections, are supernovas. The whole point of the Big Bang is that it accumulates all matter in the universe and then explodes, spreading it wide, constantly widening the gap between constellations (and the like) and creating new ones on it's wake, then it stops expanding, starts shrinking until it again is all condensed, to explode yet again, thus creating a new world. Basically, the end is also the beginning (I think that there was even a theory that suggested that each time a Big Bang occurs, the maximum range that the universe can expand is widened, thus it grows stronger with death and reincarnation like Saiyans ).

IIRC this is semi-confirmed(or not ), because thanks to some data from around/over 2000 years ago (of the night sky, position of the planets, starts etc.), it was proven that the distance between planets have widened up, thus our solar system have grown. Not to mention that somewhere there always stars dying and new being born. Basically, the universe is still growing, thus one could said that it still hasn't reached it's mature state. Of course just because the universe is growing, it doesn't mean that this theory is completely true.

In the Original Big Bang, There Was NO Universe, No Matter...Nothing not even space itself existed. It's weird, but that is what the Big bang theory says.

If the Big Crunch (the implosion of all matter and space) were to happen, everything will Zip out of existence.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    In the Original Big Bang, There Was NO Universe, No Matter...Nothing not even space itself existed. It's weird, but that is what the Big bang theory says.

If the Big Crunch (the implosion of all matter and space) were to happen, everything will Zip out of existence.
    I'm thinking a bit bigger , what we can see and measure is not all there is hence why I said the Big bang was probably a local event for our part of the Universe. I'm just saying these events can happen all over the greater universe as part of a normal creation and destruction cycle that is a natural refresh for everything in the universe.

For all we know this could be the billionth time a big bang has happened in our sphere of things and we are just riding the normal mid life of this process before it all reverts and starts again.

Also the Big crunch doesn't zip things out of existence as matter is neither created nor destroyed as obviously the big bang came from something. That something would obviously be the reverse mechanism that created the big bang and caused matter to condenses. Most major forces in the universe seem to follow a duality this seems to be the most logical conclusion.

Fire type

All models about the start and end of the universe are mostly theoretical, and based solely on what we do know, which is limited, so they should be taken with a grain of salt.

That being said, the 2nd law of thermodynamics implies that entropy will always increase in the universe, and thus that that available quantity of energy to be used will eventually all be turned to entropy. When that happens, molecules won't be able to support themselves, particles will cease vibrating ,etc. The universe just breaks down. We do not know of any process that decreases entropy, so unless something more catastrophic happens faster, this is likely the way the universe ends.

On a side note, it implies a cold end of the universe (because no energy=no heat=cold), i.e. similar to Norwegian cosmology, as opposed to Judaeo-Christian cosmology (which would be more in line with something like a Big Crunch).

^ An Ice Hell so to speak.

Well anyway, maybe we should change the topic.

What do you guys think about the existence of the Mermen ? Awhile ago I have seen an interesting program on Discovery channel, about the existence of Mermen, it even pointed out that the proof of their existence did in fact exist (supposedly), but most of it was erased by the government, because it would turn out that the army accidentally kills them in their experiments on the ocean (along with whales, something to do with supersonic waves probably). It also portrayed dolphins as their hunting dogs and that the reason that dolphins tend to help, save and aid humanoids in water, is because of their friendly bond with mermen (plus there are certain regions of the globe, in which dolphin do act as the sea hunting dogs for humans on the land, even though they were never taught that by humans).

Since most of the proofs were destroyed or confiscated (on some bullshit basis at that, there is even a record from the camera on the building across, that they basically stormed the laboratory around 6 in the morning and took everything away, lol), the only thing remaining is the initial sound record (every other one was confiscated, but not this one since they... well I forgot , made it private or public or something before anyone caught wind of this, thus this couldn't have been confiscated even semi-legally), on which there is a unidentified creature communicating with whales and own species, what's more, the level of the language was highly advanced, it's complexity was comparably with that of the human language, or something along those lines, man it sure was awhile lol .

Also, let's not forget that the stories, legends and sightings of mermen were recorder in multiple cultures, separated even 2000 years or more from each other, often not having any relation with each other (there are even cave drawings showcasing a battle between cave man and water monkeys for territory near water or something along the lines).

I have always had an interest in the unknown and I think somethings may have a basis but I'm not really convinced of the idea of mermen. It sounds like confusion of genetics that cant really exists in nature. Sure certain animals that exists in myth could be rare remote creatures hardly seen by the eyes of man like maybe bigfoot or locness

Something more logical to discuss would be the mysterious megalithic buildings built all over the world and if their is connection to some ancient lost civilization that built them.

25,000 Year Old Buildings Found In Russia? The Mysterious Dolmens And Megaliths Of The Caucasus

300 Million Year Old Machinery Found In Russia, Experts Say Aluminum Gear Not The Result Of Natural Forces

More than 500 Million Years Old Metal Alloy Artifacts Found

- Makes you wonder if dinosaurs lived for about 165 million years and humans can trace back 7 million with modern humans about 200,000 years. In all that time before they died off it may be possible that some dinosaur started to evolve an intelligence close to ours.

Fire type

Ah yes, opparts, extra over technologies and the like. They do pop out from time to time, but what's worth noting is that this, or those other races quite likely existed even when humans appeared, after all in many religions, there is a mention of a divine/celestial/winged/devilish/whatever being, that teaches humans some basics of science, awakens in us the curiosity towards knowledge, or trick us into chasing it. It's quite possible that all of them actually speak of the same being and the same event, but each one perceives it differently, for example one do it positively, like with Prometheus, but other negatively like with Lucifer (both of them could be called bringers of light and both of them were punished for what they did).

Not so long ago, archaeologist found out were the Noah and his people quite likely lived and it turns out, that they lived where the the Black Sea currently lies, but at their time, it was only a lake (the great flood quite likely speaks about the lake turning into the Black Sea), what's more, it was discovered that they are ancestor to many cultures, including Egyptians, Greeks and more, not to mention that they already possessed geometry, astrology, architecture, poetry and the like (basically, when the lake turned into a sea, their people spread across the globe in turn creating many different cultures). It's possible that a similar thing could have happened with Atlantis, but they might have possessed high enough technology, that allowed their country to survive without needing to move out.

The stories about silver having magical properties, might come from the ancients using it in their technology, as well.

I think that there was even a theory about the previous civilizations preceding humans, not becoming extinct, but rather evolving way further, to the point that they became imperceptible to lower evolutionary creatures, basically reaching an evolutionary level were they only exist in a higher level dimension (or something along those lines ). This might have been even the basis, for the concept of heaven and the like existing.