View Poll Results: Namikaze Minto vs Uchiha Madara. Who would win if they would fight now?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Namikaze Minato

9 25.71%
  • Uchiha Madara

26 74.29%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by manvaseline View Post
    In chapter 520, Kabuto explains that Orochimaru's attempt to summon the Fourth Hokage had failed due to his soul not residing in the pure world". In episode 69 of the anime, when Orochimaru used this technique, the coffin briefly appears, with "four" (四, Yon) written on it; though the summoning of the Fourth Hokage still fails. Based on Kabuto's demonstration, it would seem the actual failure would have occurred when Orochimaru performed the original preparatory ritual

Note that Sarutobi felt some real fear when the Fourth's coffin was coming up. Yes he was old and out of his prime, but he admitted that "I must stop the third one at any cost." I think we can't speculate Minato's true power but it is worth it to say that Sarutobi didn't say crap even when the second one came out. The prospect of fighting two Hokages should freak someone out (especially if one of them was Hashirama?)

Like Gaara keeps saying, its meaningless to really try to say one way or the other because we have not seen the full potential of either. We can only really go by legends and sayings. I'm merely saying that theoretically, Sarutobi > the 1st Hokage. Sarutobi was a bit scared so I'm going to assume the 4th = the 3rd (which probably isn't true anyway).

What do we even know about the 4th besides the fact that he has a good knowledge of seals, space time ninjutsu, and the like?
    -He defeated craploads of ninja in seconds in the war.
    -He saved Konoha from the strongest being alive at the time (the merits of which can be debated obviously) while multitasking.
    -He was a once in a millenium genius that was thought to be the child of prophecy (that is saying something).
    -He was in his late twenties when he died (so we can somewhat assume that when he faced the nine-tails he was in his prime).
    -Anko wished the 4th Hokage had been alive to fight Orochimaru when he was terrorizing the village during the Chuunin exams.
    -The Fourth Raikage thought no one would be able to surpass him. That is also saying a lot.
    -He could use space-time jutsu not only to move fast but also to move other things away (think Kakashi's magenkyou ability).
    -He can stop people from using the Summoning technique.

I think it is useful to evaluate all of the knowledge we have on his accomplishments first if we actually want to even try to guess.
    I agree with this. But even tho we have some awesome stories to go by, it doesn't say it all. Take for example when the Third Raikage, he defeated 10 000, ofc the better nin they wore the more impressive, but still 10 000 even if their Genin would require some serious power. And then ofc, they couldn't have been just Genin. But the fourth is only said to have owned allot, we have no idea how many, and this time(assuming the number is pretty much lower than 10 000) power does matter. Don't think he would ahve done that against a platoon of Kakashi's.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    I agree with this. But even tho we have some awesome stories to go by, it doesn't say it all. Take for example when the Third Raikage, he defeated 10 000, ofc the better nin they wore the more impressive, but still 10 000 even if their Genin would require some serious power. And then ofc, they couldn't have been just Genin. But the fourth is only said to have owned allot, we have no idea how many, and this time(assuming the number is pretty much lower than 10 000) power does matter. Don't think he would ahve done that against a platoon of Kakashi's.
    What about taking on a tailed beast. How many kahashi's would it take to subue the 8 tails like the third raikage?

Guys just one little correction regarding the ftg. U dont need to place a kunai in an object to teleport ir or what ever.

U just need to the sealling the mark, this mark is also on his specially made kunai.

Sorry just annoyed reading if stuck a kunai here and there over and over.
    Last edited by psukkar; 11-24-2011 at 07:56 AM.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    Well I think as an example the Third admitted that no one could pass Minato in ability. And the third Raikage defeated 10,000. That is also saying something. We can only really chalk Minato's potential power up to be something comparative to other people. Speculating his specific powers is very limited, but we can in a general sense try to see overall how powerful he is. The same way people are making the argument Madara is so so strong but some are saying he might not even be that strong - why? Because we haven't seen enough, as you keep reiterating. But we do know that he fought Hashirama, who was probably in the top 5 of strongest ninja in the narutoverse, and probably didn't lose to Hashirama from what we've gotten from the story, so we assume he was strong. He has the sharingan, but we know not the extent of his abilities with it, or the rinnegan. So, power estimates are mostly speculation. The best example of which is Naruto, who has the potential power to pretty much obliterate anyone.

I think that often times we also underestimate the value of looking at a fight as a learning experience for the two opponents. Fights are not one and done. Both parties learn about the other from fighting, and I think Minato from what we've seen has a precociousness to pick up things much quicker than most. His reflexes were described as "instantaneous," and once he gets a seal on you you know that you might be pretty much dead.

The main difference I think is that this main form of attack that he has is so strong that it is probably backed with his other ninjutsu and the like. Example: Naruto's clones are known to be his trademark because they can help him accomplish lots of tasks with a collaborative effort, mask his true chakra, manipulate his chakra easier, and gain more experience from battle than he would normally. But note that for someone to do that, they must split up chakra and energy. Minato basically had the same effect as the clone (in terms of appearing everywhere) except for the fact that he himself without any splitting of chakra could meet any situation. It's like PaulBee says, once he touches you, you should be dead. Throw a kunai in space or inbetween rocks or at the bottom of a trench or in a volcano or in between a coffin or something. I mean theoretically he should have a touch of death. Which is pretty scary.

So how would he deal with people who don't let him touch them? Cue Genjutsu users, clone users, long distance fighters.

Genjutus - the obvious biggest problem. Most people say its hard to react to Genjutsu. I agree. There's two types of genjutsu one has to deal with - "environmental" types, and "personal" types. Personal meaning things like Tsukiyomi, and environmental being things like changes in the abstract objective reality (which im not even sure physically exists). To avoid the "personal" ones, you have to eliminate the process in which it is sent (ie, looking into the user's eyes). For the latter, you have to sort of figure it out.

the problem is that every powerful shinobi in the narutoverse is defined by their one skill, possibly 2 skills that made them powerful. for hashirama it was his wood release, for madara it was sharingan/rinnegan, for minato it was FTG, for the 3rd raikage it was is tough body, i can go on and on. the problem gets even greater when you try and compare ppl like madara who had the OP sharingan and now the rinnegan to some1 like minato who had nothing but his own skills because then ppl will argue that the sharingan is a big part his skill and taking that out of the equation isnt fair or that you cant imagine how powerful minato would have been if he had the sharingan too etc. At the end of the day, this whole discussion is pointless because none of us are right or wrong, none of us can say that what he is saying is right nor can any1 say what he is saying is wrong. it basically comes down to opinions and arguements and not facts(which by itself is relative and prone to individual interpretation)

i think that this battle would end up in a stalemate because either opponent cannot hit the other, but i would give the upper hand to madara.

susanoo will protect madara from minatos attacks, and as minatos status stands now i see no way for him to break through. minato is too fast to hit though, it would take a lot of predictive prowess and luck for madara to guess where he is going to flash in and land a direct hit.

minato is too fast for amaterasu to hit so it comes down to tsukiyomi and susanoo

minato would of course know not to be looking in madaras eyes but hopefully he is not uchiha tactic ignorant like asuma and kurenai. to date i havent heard of madaras itachi style tsukiyomi finger cast so for now i will say that tsukiyomi is canceled out

havent seen strong enough attacks from minato to break through susanoo and theres no way to get one of his kunai inside of it once its already up like someone else was saying

result: stalemate (as post says madara and not edo tensei madara i am not factoring the rinnegan into this assesment since madara did not have it till after he had fought the first and was about to die)

StareIntoMySharingan was talking about itachi v madara, this would be a great battle but again i give the advantage to madara. itachi is so intelligent in real time situations that he would not have trouble strategizing a way to win if he was serious

also if itachi was as selfish as madara was he would definately win. itachi has this vexing selfless streak going that can and will hinder his fighting ability

[QUOTE=psukkar;922446]What about taking on a tailed beast. How many kahashi's would it take to subue the 8 tails like the third raikage?/QUOTE]

30, at least

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you