View Poll Results: Namikaze Minto vs Uchiha Madara. Who would win if they would fight now?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Namikaze Minato

9 25.71%
  • Uchiha Madara

26 74.29%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by almara View Post
    the answer is quite simple tbh, the recurring theme in the manga has been the whole "the current generation is stronger than the previous generation" so by that mantra minato would be the obvious winner.
    As much as everyone is going to hate me for this I just got to say it. By that logic, we're going to see some serious Madara OWNEDGE from Ten Ten the in today's chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post
    this is retarded. it becomes a valid yet heated debate just wondering if minato can take down itachi without losing his own life in the process, and now y'all wanna put him up against madara himself!? LOL! you fanatics... as skillful as minato is, madara is out of his league. you can try to downplay the power behind his eyes all you want and just pretend the eye-possessor's skill or capability has NOTHING to do with the equation, while at the meantime over-hype minato's skills(as impressive as they are), and act like minato is the only ninja with skill and precision. LOL... you tards, and i say this with love to open your eyes.

hashirama had the luxury of basically being a senju and battling hashirama was the equivalent of fighting a whole forest which hits back.
    As much as I don't like the idea of this thread based on how meaningless it is to discuss the winner for reasons mentioned above I just got to reply to this. Minato got just as good a chance to win as Madara, does. Based on what he have done, and I'm sure there's 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 things we don't know about Minato when it comes to combat.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Yea, Minato could have a jutsu to seal your sharingan, considering how the uzumaki were allied with the senju, who's enemy was the uchiha.

Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō Daemon Spade's Avatar
    inbetween Matsumoto's ______! Dont, judge me!
    Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    If Madara is equal to Tobi in regards to a "battle mind" then my vote is on the 4th. When the 4th engaged "the masked man" each combatant was not fully in the fight but also trying to achieve or thwart time sensitive objectives. Under great pressure and risking high stakes, the 4th was able to outsmart "the masked man" with a cool head and simple means. This, to me, is not about who has better tools but who makes better use of the tools they have. The 4th seems to have a slight edge in regards to intellect and also access to very rare and powerful techniques; most likely all on par with sharingan abilities.

edit: What I get from gaara sand slapping Madara out of his susanoo was a "tit for tat" from when Sasuke bragged about his "ultimate defense" being better than garaa's (see kage summit battle). Gaara proved just how wrong Sasuke was.
    Actually, Gaara didnt really prove anything by "slapping" Madara out of his Susanoo. If you take a closer it was only because of Oonoki that Gaara was able to toss Madara out of his Susano. Oonoki made Gaara's sand lighter which somehow enabled the sand to penetrate Susanoo.
    FOOLS!!!!!

Favorite Manga/Anime Characters
    Naruto, Orochimaru, Jariya, Itachi, Ichigo, Mayuri, Kenpachi, Mugen, Vash the Stampede, "L", Edward Elric, Reborn, Rokudo Mukuro, Black Star, Dr. Fraken Stein, Death the Kid

Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post
    this is retarded. it becomes a valid yet heated debate just wondering if minato can take down itachi without losing his own life in the process, and now y'all wanna put him up against madara himself!? LOL! you fanatics... as skillful as minato is, madara is out of his league. you can try to downplay the power behind his eyes all you want and just pretend the eye-possessor's skill or capability has NOTHING to do with the equation, while at the meantime over-hype minato's skills(as impressive as they are), and act like minato is the only ninja with skill and precision. LOL... you tards, and i say this with love to open your eyes.

hashirama had the luxury of basically being a senju and battling hashirama was the equivalent of fighting a whole forest which hits back.
    I thought the entry to discussion was a favored combatant (for whatever reason) and a simple line of logic as to why Minato or Madara would win. Calling us tards when we offer at least simple and easy to follow reasons for our choice? Really? Try bothering to read some of the posts next time, besides, Itachi feared at best a stalemate with Jiraya if he and Kisame had both attacked him. That implies quite a bit and certainly does not favor Madara based on your line of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon Spade View Post
    Actually, Gaara didnt really prove anything by "slapping" Madara out of his Susanoo. If you take a closer it was only because of Oonoki that Gaara was able to toss Madara out of his Susano. Oonoki made Gaara's sand lighter which somehow enabled the sand to penetrate Susanoo.
    My point still stands, doesn't matter who did what to his sand. His "tit for tat" was achieved and now we have a clue by which to find the weakness of susanoo.

I thought the entry to discussion was a favored combatant (for whatever reason) and a simple line of logic as to why Minato or Madara would win. Calling us tards when we offer at least simple and easy to follow reasons for our choice? Really? Try bothering to read some of the posts next time, besides, Itachi feared at best a stalemate with Jiraya if he and Kisame had both attacked him. That implies quite a bit and certainly does not favor Madara based on your line of thought.
    He often do that, everything he don't agree with is retarded, and for some reason, he believes it to bee non offensive.

My point still stands, doesn't matter who did what to his sand. His "tit for tat" was achieved and now we have a clue by which to find the weakness of susanoo.
    I agree, even tho the Tsuchikage helped it still shows a weak spot in the Susanoo, also it seems rather easy to outrun, and either way I have no doubt Minato could have out run it, being the best candidate for a running test in the NV.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

???????
    minato easily defeated tobi plus he saved his newborn son and his wife sealed the kyuubi and left portions of all their chakra to naruto. Minato would have to watch out for the genjutsu. I think his speed will help him avoid attacks but when it comes to attacking i think madara would have the upper hand.
    ???????

Guys seriously,

Just because minato beat tobi this nothing to do with madara.

Madara has ems, rinnegan and god knows what else while tobi lets get real here has only used his time-space jutsu, phase shift tech and some genjutsu here and there.

Tobi clearly isnt at his best and lets remember what tobi said about the mysetery(madara) coffin iniatlly, "fighting you(kabuto) now would only blunt my forces".

Tobi recognised how bs madara is force his hand to ally in a war, tobi vs minato at best in comparsion is just minor battle compared battle in a war let alone the war itself.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Guys seriously,

Madara has ems, rinnegan and god knows what else while tobi lets get real here has only used his time-space jutsu, phase shift tech and some genjutsu here and there.

Tobi clearly isnt at his best and lets remember what tobi said about the mysetery(madara) coffin iniatlly, "fighting you(kabuto) now would only blunt my forces".

Tobi recognised how bs madara is force his hand to ally in a war, tobi vs minato at best in comparsion is just minor battle compared battle in a war let alone the war itself.
    This is true, but realistically, this debate cannot be determined so far from what we know.

1. We do not know the full extent of Minato's sealing jutsu's, maybe he has one to seal eye sight or something? who knows.

2. We don't know if the 5 second rule for Shinra Tensei applies for Madara.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    Guys seriously,

Earlier posts in this thread have already addressed what you said. You are just restating some of the initial sentiments without taking the next step. Nobody is saying either one is a shoe-in but evidence has been offered to support the probability of a Minato victory. You can't just say "well, Madara is awesome and has EMS" then call it a day. Oh, and that "minor" battle you referred to was anything but minor. It was high pressure and high stakes squeezed where victory rested in a very narrow window of opportunity. It proved that Minato has what it takes to keep cool and deal with impossible situations. As I said before, that display of battle smarts to thwart an opponent who had element of surprise on top of planning cements Minato in the highest tier of shinobi.

Hashirama went toe to toe with Madara. Kakuzu went toe to toe with Hashirama. Place Minato into the context of those match-ups! The manga has displayed effective countermeasures against each MS technique. Minato can do two of those countermeasuers with his eyes closed, which is the point I am trying to make. Minato's skillset perfectly conforms to the known weaknesses of MS (People say "Madara has MS/EMS" then we say "Minato's skills counter MS/EMS" then people respond with "but Madara is bad a** and has MS/EMS").

He can point out weaknesses in opponents technique in mere moments (he understood chidori after witnessing just once and he saw through Tobi's space time and gained the upperhand). The only thing at this stage in the game is how well Madara wields rinnegan.
    Last edited by knife eater; 10-27-2011 at 12:43 AM.

I don't think Kakuzu ever went toe-to-toe with Hashirama, per-say. I think it's more like how Ino went toe-to-toe with Kakuzu; she was involved in and survived an encounter with him.