View Poll Results: Namikaze Minto vs Uchiha Madara. Who would win if they would fight now?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Namikaze Minato

9 25.71%
  • Uchiha Madara

26 74.29%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Konoha's greatest Hokage Namikaze Minato vs greatest of his clan, Uchiha Madara.

Who would win if those two would clash?
    Konoha's legend, Yellow Flash and his incredible skill and techniques or powerful war monger whose name brings fear to people even on this day.

I would vote for Namikaze Minato due to his amazing usage of his time space ninjutsu and execution of his moves to get best possible results.

Discuss!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Grimdan View Post
    Who would win if those two would clash?
    Konoha's legend, Yellow Flash and his incredible skill and techniques or powerful war monger whose name brings fear to people even on this day.

I would vote for Namikaze Minato due to his amazing usage of his time space ninjutsu and execution of his moves to get best possible results.

Discuss!
    the 4th really isn't using space time (quote me if i'm wrong ) i believe he's just teleporting using those kunai's he throws out, but in my honest opinion, madara due to he being able to hold his own against the 1st hokage and a terrifying looking ems.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thats a tough one. Minato would definitely be able to avoid Shinra Tensei and Chibaku tensei with his flying thunder god technique. We haven't seen many of Minato's offensive moves though, besides the seals.

I cant say for sure, but one idea i had is since Gaara was able to pull Madara out of his Susanoo then its logical that Minato could teleport inside Madara's susanoo and teleport him out then attack him.

Quote Originally Posted by senju guy View Post
    the 4th really isn't using space time (quote me if i'm wrong ) i believe he's just teleporting using those kunai's he throws out, but in my honest opinion, madara due to he being able to hold his own against the 1st hokage and a terrifying looking ems.
    lol, that is Time-Space jutsu, it's just a limit to what he can do. The trick doesn't lay in the Kunai's but in the seal he place on them. In order for Minato to teleport somewhere(or something) he must first place a FTG(Flying Thunder God) seal, or mark if you want, and then he can teleport there. You won't find anyone else doing it, at least not in the previously 100 000 Shinobi army(now 50 000).

Quote Originally Posted by mo916 View Post
    Thats a tough one. Minato would definitely be able to avoid Shinra Tensei and Chibaku tensei with his flying thunder god technique. We haven't seen many of Minato's offensive moves though, besides the seals.

I cant say for sure, but one idea i had is since Gaara was able to pull Madara out of his Susanoo then its logical that Minato could teleport inside Madara's susanoo and teleport him out then attack him.
    Great idea, but I don't see the need to get him out as well, unless the space might be a problem, as I understand it Susanoo just creates a barrier around the user and works the same way, except for the arms and attacks......Obviously. Like when Danzou used a Kunai at the Susanoo it just broke, but Sasuke got space to move inside it.

EDIT: Oh right, the fight. It's actually impossible to know, not because of the obvious reasons, like it's fictional and Kishimoto decides, but because we know so little about the two of them that we really have no foundation for making an assumption and it will be more about who we like the most, or whether or not the "meteor" impressed us.

And yes I know that Forums like this are about 95% theories, but unlike a fight between Guy and Kakashi we have almost nothing to go from, other than a moment or two of fighting and the description we have been given about them. So, just to be clear, IMO it's meaningless judging the outcome of a fight based on fancy word.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

If Madara is equal to Tobi in regards to a "battle mind" then my vote is on the 4th. When the 4th engaged "the masked man" each combatant was not fully in the fight but also trying to achieve or thwart time sensitive objectives. Under great pressure and risking high stakes, the 4th was able to outsmart "the masked man" with a cool head and simple means. This, to me, is not about who has better tools but who makes better use of the tools they have. The 4th seems to have a slight edge in regards to intellect and also access to very rare and powerful techniques; most likely all on par with sharingan abilities.

edit: What I get from gaara sand slapping Madara out of his susanoo was a "tit for tat" from when Sasuke bragged about his "ultimate defense" being better than garaa's (see kage summit battle). Gaara proved just how wrong Sasuke was.

First of all minato isnt the best hokage dispite this all minato wouldnt fair that horribly compared to madara but Minato has no way to break thorugh sassano his rasengans are the small ones only and madara just tanked one naruto's big ones.

IF he had jiraiya's massive rasengan that probally at least will make madara to worry about lossing to much chakra from repairing sassano from such an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by psukkar View Post
    First of all minato isnt the best hokage dispite this all minato wouldnt fair that horribly compared to madara but Minato has no way to break thorugh sassano his rasengans are the small ones only and madara just tanked one naruto's big ones.

IF he had jiraiya's massive rasengan that probally at least will make madara to worry about lossing to much chakra from repairing sassano from such an attack.
    MS and EMS techniques are only useful when the opponent may be caught in them. Just because Madara has such techniques does not mean the fourth would so easily fall into the setups. We saw that the third raikage was faster than amaterasu but the fourth hokage is faster still. We also learned how laughably easy it is to avoid tsukiyomi; don't make eye contact! (or casting component such as Itatchi's ring). Susanoo is hardly the perfect defense considering the how damaging the toll is on the body of the person using it (the more it protects the more it hurts).

We are used to the MS and EMS techniques appearing overpowered and super elite because we so easily forget their drawbacks and limitations. The real sharingan threat to Minato is izanagi yet we see Sasuke pull through several consecutive instances of even that when used against him. I would venture to say that another "genius" ninja such as Minato could do the same. We have recently been reminded that every jutsu has a weakness and MS and EMS is no exception. How well Madara uses rinnegan will be interesting but the fact that he most likely needs Kabuto's "upgrades" just to wield it properly is testament to how inefficient Madara would use it in the fight imagined in this thread. I am still voting on 4th hokage defeating Madara in a non edo fight. Extreme speed, space-time manipulation, sharp battle wits... excellent traits to counter any formidable sharingan user and Minato was highest tier. His abilities seemed to actually be carefully tailored to counter sharingan.

edit: Susanoo, seriously, what a dumb thing to use against Minato. The ultimate defense is best thwarted by simply not attacking. It's offensive capabilities are indeed impressive but no harder to avoid than MS/EMS (Minato is simply too fast). See susanoo appear, go for a walk, come back to find opponent depleted of chakra. Why waste any time trying to penetrate it.
    Last edited by knife eater; 10-26-2011 at 07:09 AM.

the answer is quite simple tbh, the recurring theme in the manga has been the whole "the current generation is stronger than the previous generation" so by that mantra minato would be the obvious winner.

Quote Originally Posted by knife eater View Post
    MS and EMS techniques are only useful when the opponent may be caught in them. Just because Madara has such techniques does not mean the fourth would so easily fall into the setups. We saw that the third raikage was faster than amaterasu but the fourth hokage is faster still. We also learned how laughably easy it is to avoid tsukiyomi; don't make eye contact! (or casting component such as Itatchi's ring). Susanoo is hardly the perfect defense considering the how damaging the toll is on the body of the person using it (the more it protects the more it hurts).

We are used to the MS and EMS techniques appearing overpowered and super elite because we so easily forget their drawbacks and limitations. The real sharingan threat to Minato is izanagi yet we see Sasuke pull through several consecutive instances of even that when used against him. I would venture to say that another "genius" ninja such as Minato could do the same. We have recently been reminded that every jutsu has a weakness and MS and EMS is no exception. How well Madara uses rinnegan will be interesting but the fact that he most likely needs Kabuto's "upgrades" just to wield it properly is testament to how inefficient Madara would use it in the fight imagined in this thread. I am still voting on 4th hokage defeating Madara in a non edo fight. Extreme speed, space-time manipulation, sharp battle wits... excellent traits to counter any formidable sharingan user and Minato was highest tier. His abilities seemed to actually be carefully tailored to counter sharingan.

edit: Susanoo, seriously, what a dumb thing to use against Minato. The ultimate defense is best thwarted by simply not attacking. It's offensive capabilities are indeed impressive but no harder to avoid than MS/EMS (Minato is simply too fast). See susanoo appear, go for a walk, come back to find opponent depleted of chakra. Why waste any time trying to penetrate it.
    As i would love to agree with you because I hate sassano as much as anyone but sassano users are given also an attack that makes the target force their hand like sasuke's arrow and itachi's sword.

I actually think izanagi isnt that bad at for minato as he dodge when needed. Only real issue with izanagi is if dont see it coming and dont whats going on. Sasuke was basiclly on the verge of death until tart face told whats going on. Even after he knew I dont understand why danzo's final strike with his wind blade didnt fatally wound sasuke like sasuke did to him. Never understood that but his plot armor was in over drive at that point in the story in general.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    this is retarded. it becomes a valid yet heated debate just wondering if minato can take down itachi without losing his own life in the process, and now y'all wanna put him up against madara himself!? LOL! you fanatics... as skillful as minato is, madara is out of his league. you can try to downplay the power behind his eyes all you want and just pretend the eye-possessor's skill or capability has NOTHING to do with the equation, while at the meantime over-hype minato's skills(as impressive as they are), and act like minato is the only ninja with skill and precision. LOL... you tards, and i say this with love to open your eyes.

hashirama had the luxury of basically being a senju and battling hashirama was the equivalent of fighting a whole forest which hits back.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif