Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Genjutsu VS Sage Mode

Here's my theory, by gathering Nature Chakra while under a Genjutsu you can use the incoming chakra to cancel the Genjutsu, impossible to notice(except the concentration needed for Nature Chakra gathering) and therefore a bulletproof way to get out of a genjutsu as long as you have time.

Genjutsu is when a person uses their chakra to create a disturbance in another persons chakra. The person who is under the effect of the Genjutsu might be standing still while being showed and imagining horrible things, such as people dying, intense pain to mention just a few and so they either break down or the Genjutsu caster can use the time to attack. Or the Genjutsu can make the person(s) affected by it run around into a trap, over a cliff, to mention a few, usually by creating a illusion to guide them in the wrong direction.

Those most suitable for Genjutsu, both casting an interrupting are those with high intelligence or/and an eye for details. But there are several ways to break out of an Genjutsu. There is Pain, another person pumping chakra in to the one under the Genjutsu to counter it, doing a Genjutsu release by your own, or by unknown means train your eye(s) to withstand Genjutsu. So the most important thing to notice here is that it's all about using a stronger force to break the Genjutsu.

Sage Mode, is when you absorb the Nature Chakra which is all around in the air and ground. The basis of gathering Nature Chakra lays in standing still. When you are under a Genjutsu as preciously said, you are either fooled to run around, or under the illusion that things are happening to you, but in reality you are standing still. So unlike what I said earlier it's not a bulletproof way as long as you can stand still, but once you know your under, it's bulletproof.

When you gather the Nature Chakra only you will know about, if we assume your Naruto and are among the few people who can, or the only one atm as far as we know. By using that Chakra that you are gathering you can easily block or interrupt the disturbed flow of chakra that is causing the Genjutsu.

As long as you have the time you can do it.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

SIMS for short >:] StareIntoMySharingan's Avatar
    problem with your theory is that there's no such thing as nature chakra.

there's only nature energy found in the atmosphere and ground, in which when added to the person's physical energy and spiritual energy, sage chakra is finally formed.

since nature energy isn't the same thing as chakra, then i highly doubt it can cancel a genjutsu spell.
    And witness the sparkle within this world of darkness.
    http://mangashare.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic54294_1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by StareIntoMySharingan View Post

there's only nature energy found in the atmosphere and ground, in which when added to the person's physical energy and spiritual energy, sage chakra is finally formed.

since nature energy isn't the same thing as chakra, then i highly doubt it can cancel a genjutsu spell.
    hmmm, maybe I screwed up there. But when you take in the Nature Energy and mix it with your Mental and Physical energies, like Fukasaku explains it, you get Sage Chakra AKA Nature Chakra.

Spoiler!

Water type

This Machine Pwns n00bs Amargo Deathscythe's Avatar

due to the fact that the natural energy actually affects the chakra this can count as a disruption of the chakra effectively canceling a genjutsu

SIG AND AVA BY JAIDEN

his mistake doesnt matter either way naruto's chakra will be disrupted and cancel genjutsu.

The question is can naruto gather enough natural energy in time to enter sage in time before putting naruto in a potenially bad situation. Genjutsu like MS's takes little time to activate, so naruto needs to be quick.
    The Master's Legacy

If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

from what we've seen it takes naruto awhile to go into sage mode, but the second he starts he's already gathering nature chakra. I think in some senses if you look at people like Hokages who can detect chakra by placing their finger on the ground or something, to some extent chakra and chakra flow can be sensed - that may be why Genjutsu isn't used that much in very high level battles. So sage mode could be a testament to that, especially since Naruto can "see" chakra like he did with the Zetsu's (idk how relevant that is to this though)

Quote Originally Posted by manvaseline View Post
    from what we've seen it takes naruto awhile to go into sage mode, but the second he starts he's already gathering nature chakra. I think in some senses if you look at people like Hokages who can detect chakra by placing their finger on the ground or something, to some extent chakra and chakra flow can be sensed - that may be why Genjutsu isn't used that much in very high level battles. So sage mode could be a testament to that, especially since Naruto can "see" chakra like he did with the Zetsu's (idk how relevant that is to this though)
    Either your a sensory type ninja or your not, basically. But you can sense someones presence. The only reason no one/so few uses genjutsu in high lvl battles is because few can do genjutsu at that lvl. Itachi uses Genjutsu against Kakashi, if those two don't equal a high lvl battle then I don't know

Spoiler!

Water type

it doesnt really matter tbh, we know that in order to cancel a genjutsu, you need to disrupt the flow of chakra, so the only question that matters is whether or not gathering natural energy from the surrounding will disrupt the flow, and when it comes to that question there is really no clear answer, but since sage mode naturally makes the genjutsu more powerful, it would also be a fair point that going into sage mode(by gathering natural energy) would disrupt the flow of chakra or at the very least grant you some resistance against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    Either your a sensory type ninja or your not, basically. But you can sense someones presence. The only reason no one/so few uses genjutsu in high lvl battles is because few can do genjutsu at that lvl. Itachi uses Genjutsu against Kakashi, if those two don't equal a high lvl battle then I don't know
    Probably true. On Narutopedia it says,

"Fourthly, ordinary people can sometimes train their eyes (without Sharingan) to break genjutsu through unknown means, like Deidara."

And of course, this change in chakra flow you were talking about. I think that yes, it was a high level battle, but if a ninja is to train against Genjutsu or something I feel as if it wouldn't be as great of an advantage. Namely because it revolves around mind-trickery. An example of people who can use Genjutsu are, Kakashi, Orochimaru, the first Hokage, all very high level ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by manvaseline View Post
    Probably true. On Narutopedia it says,

"Fourthly, ordinary people can sometimes train their eyes (without Sharingan) to break genjutsu through unknown means, like Deidara."

And of course, this change in chakra flow you were talking about. I think that yes, it was a high level battle, but if a ninja is to train against Genjutsu or something I feel as if it wouldn't be as great of an advantage. Namely because it revolves around mind-trickery. An example of people who can use Genjutsu are, Kakashi, Orochimaru, the first Hokage, all very high level ninja.
    Most likely a good idea to know how to break free from a genjutsu, would suck to loose to Naruto because he used a genjutsu at you and you can't even defend against such a weak one, because he sucks so much at it

But wouldn't the fact that it's mind trickery be all the more reason to learn how to defend against it? Since the brain is the most important part of a battle, shown over and over again in the Manga.

Spoiler!

Water type