• Average

0 0%
  • Bad

2 14.29%
  • Awful

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I kinda like that the old guild would stay with the new... but, they'll probably be sent back in time (of course, after a loooooooong future arc) right before Acnologia blasts the island. I got the feeling of it's not your time yet here.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Oh fucking wow.

Seriously, Mashima?! SERIOUSLY???!!

Kubo actually looks like a great mangaka compared to you.

It was far worse than imagined. There wasn't even an ATTEMPT at build-up. It was just

"Whoosh, there's the island, whoosh, there's Natsu, whoosh, everyone's back. YAY!!!"

I knew Mashima would rush to get back to his safe, predictable formula but this...wow, must have broken a world record for sure.

And what was that bullshit about the first master who came out of nowhere turning their friendship into a magic shield that froze them? What? Why? How? Where did the first come from, how can she appear in her ethereal form, what is this fairy sphere, how does it work, why does friendship activate it and why did it never activate before, why did it take 7 years to undo, what was the point of 7 years passing, what was the point of it all!?! What, what, what!?? There's absolutely NO attempt at any sort of internal logic in this series, Mashima is just, "It's MAGIC, ACCEPT IT!!! Here have some titties to take your mind of it! LOOK AT THE TITTIES!!!"

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mashima finally kills Makarov, just to bring him back right away as a ghost. And you know that in FT, if you're a ghost, you're pretty much still alive.
    I know you were ranting your frustrations but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post. Like I said last week, everybody just calm down and let's see where he takes it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    I kinda like that the old guild would stay with the new... but, they'll probably be sent back in time (of course, after a loooooooong future arc) right before Acnologia blasts the island. I got the feeling of it's not your time yet here.
    I kind of have the same sentiments. Like something big happened during the seven years they have been gone and maybe they have to face that something now in this future and they end up being sent back in the past so those events doesn't happen. I think I explained that right didn't I?

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

No worries, I got whatever you wanted to say.

It's probably not possible for them to go back to the past. What would be the point of it for them? Their "present" will just start again from there. Everything was rebuilt and now they can wreak havock once more

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I have to agree with Daz Bonez.

Can someone tell me the purpose of having this timeskip, other than to just have one? They are not stronger, no character development, no real story development, they weren't defeated. As good as you guys think it is, Fairy Tail would have been better with out this timeskip. The story could continue the same exact way, no difference, either way.
    the world probably have changed very much

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I have to agree with Daz Bonez.

Can someone tell me the purpose of having this timeskip, other than to just have one? They are not stronger, no character development, no real story development, they weren't defeated. As good as you guys think it is, Fairy Tail would have been better with out this timeskip. The story could continue the same exact way, no difference, either way.
    To show how big of an impact on the world, the FT guild truly had. To show how the main cast will react in an new environment of the world they once knew so well. To show that no matter what time or era, the key to resolve most problems is the power of love and friendship (do not forget that this is a shounen). To show that even the greatest magic, has a price to pay. To throw a rock in to the river, thus changing it's course. Hmmmm, some other that I can't think about :p.

Actually, I'm not sure if it should be called a time skip, but rather a hibernation effect, as the time for the main cast didn't flow, but only for the outside world.

Interesting idea for a time skip. Very original but feel a little wierd. The part Daz mentioned about why it took 7 yrs bugs me too yet Mashima made no effort at telling us that.
    Anyway I liked this chapter a little with the revelation that this 'fairy' girl was really Mavis. Loved the info on the third fairy magic but the chapter felt kinda short or is it just me?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

__________________________________________________ __________________________
    Currently planning war strategies at a tea party with Madara, Kabuto, Zetsu and Sasuke.

Why did it take Seven years?......Who knows.

Why are there 7 days in a Week?
    Why did God (Judeo/christian/Islam) require 7 days to make the Universe?
    Why are there 7 Continents and 7 Seas

Maybe 7 is a Special number for Fairies and Mages. What does it matter, people would be saying the same thing if it had been 1 year or 10 days.
    Last edited by paulbee; 10-15-2011 at 10:35 PM.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiden View Post
    I know you were ranting your frustrations but I couldn't help but laugh when I read your post. Like I said last week, everybody just calm down and let's see where he takes it from here.
    I kind of have the same sentiments. Like something big happened during the seven years they have been gone and maybe they have to face that something now in this future and they end up being sent back in the past so those events doesn't happen. I think I explained that right didn't I?
    haters are going to hate you know.
    i have been saying this is just a future are for a while now and them not aging just adds to that theory. im sure they will find some way back to the past because stopping fairy tail from going down the tubes is much better than fixing it. i want to guess that they try to find a loop hole in ultiars power.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'd prefer they don't go back in time. This is a very unique time skip in which the whole world has changed but the main casts remain the same. I want to see how they cope with it. In other time skips, the world are surprised with the power-ups and growth of the characters. But in this one, the characters would be surprised with how the world changed when they weren't around.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA