• Awful

2 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    King Dingaling Muddafuher One Piece's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Oh fucking wow.

Seriously, Mashima?! SERIOUSLY???!!

Kubo actually looks like a great mangaka compared to you.

It was far worse than imagined. There wasn't even an ATTEMPT at build-up. It was just

"Whoosh, there's the island, whoosh, there's Natsu, whoosh, everyone's back. YAY!!!"

I knew Mashima would rush to get back to his safe, predictable formula but this...wow, must have broken a world record for sure.

And what was that bullshit about the first master who came out of nowhere turning their friendship into a magic shield that froze them? What? Why? How? Where did the first come from, how can she appear in her ethereal form, what is this fairy sphere, how does it work, why does friendship activate it and why did it never activate before, why did it take 7 years to undo, what was the point of 7 years passing, what was the point of it all!?! What, what, what!?? There's absolutely NO attempt at any sort of internal logic in this series, Mashima is just, "It's MAGIC, ACCEPT IT!!! Here have some titties to take your mind of it! LOOK AT THE TITTIES!!!"

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mashima finally kills Makarov, just to bring him back right away as a ghost. And you know that in FT, if you're a ghost, you're pretty much still alive.
    This is exactly how i felt the first time i re-read it, but then i took a breath and went back through it again and i dunno, the fact that most mangas make time skips a big deal with all the holding back and the tension and then they just show up all casual and smiley was kinda refreshing during the re-read.

And lets be honest, it would've been way worse if we had to wait 3-4 more weeks till we saw them again just to get the story moving

:edit: mavis did kinda tick me off though. As long as it's not the last we see of her i don't mind but if that's all we're ever going to see of her i'll be mad

Click to get your very own:Superrr~ Cross777 repellent^

There's a saying in the OP forums which goes like this..."If a new unidentified character is wearing a hat, he must be Sabo!"...Yeah, take that Obitio/Tobi/Madara theorists!

Spoiler!

I have to agree with Daz Bonez.

Can someone tell me the purpose of having this timeskip, other than to just have one? They are not stronger, no character development, no real story development, they weren't defeated. As good as you guys think it is, Fairy Tail would have been better with out this timeskip. The story could continue the same exact way, no difference, either way.

I Love You!
    Spoiler!

So the legend of Tenrou island is true. It has the ability to protect it's fairies. Mashima didn't make a big deal out of this time skip thingy so it only means that the whole event was not for the development of the time skippers but to the development of the time passed which of course will only be revealed later of this arc so Mashima has no reason of dragging things out.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    Oh fucking wow.

Seriously, Mashima?! SERIOUSLY???!!

Kubo actually looks like a great mangaka compared to you.

It was far worse than imagined. There wasn't even an ATTEMPT at build-up. It was just

"Whoosh, there's the island, whoosh, there's Natsu, whoosh, everyone's back. YAY!!!"

I knew Mashima would rush to get back to his safe, predictable formula but this...wow, must have broken a world record for sure.

And what was that bullshit about the first master who came out of nowhere turning their friendship into a magic shield that froze them? What? Why? How? Where did the first come from, how can she appear in her ethereal form, what is this fairy sphere, how does it work, why does friendship activate it and why did it never activate before, why did it take 7 years to undo, what was the point of 7 years passing, what was the point of it all!?! What, what, what!?? There's absolutely NO attempt at any sort of internal logic in this series, Mashima is just, "It's MAGIC, ACCEPT IT!!! Here have some titties to take your mind of it! LOOK AT THE TITTIES!!!"

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Mashima finally kills Makarov, just to bring him back right away as a ghost. And you know that in FT, if you're a ghost, you're pretty much still alive.
    Patience my dear, Mashima isn't God. He can't give everything you just asked in a single chapter.

So it was not the usual time skip but more of a back to future kind of thing. I actually like it. Now there's two ways to go here. It's eithere rebuilding the guild and start from zero to the state they were the past seven years. They could be the underdog now which is a good thing cause they were dominating in the past and FT was already highly regarded from the start. OR, they'll face something irreversible that they have to go back when they came from to prevent it.

I wonder what Ultear is doing these past seven years?

sig made by me

Bashed for trying to do a timeskip like Oda-bashed for having a completely different time skip than Oda. There's only so much you can do in under 20 pages a week, I think the person holding the gun to everyone's head took a bathroom break, you can leave now.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    I have to agree with Daz Bonez.

Can someone tell me the purpose of having this timeskip, other than to just have one? They are not stronger, no character development, no real story development, they weren't defeated. As good as you guys think it is, Fairy Tail would have been better with out this timeskip. The story could continue the same exact way, no difference, either way.
    The guys were in NO SHAPE to fight acnologia, Mavis used the only means she had to save them. It probably should not be seen as a time skip, as you said they are not stronger. It should be seen as a last ditch desperate Technique instead of a Time -Skip.

I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

Well I'll be darned, she was Mavis huh? Now on to other matters, like who will be the villain in this new arc. Perhaps Makarov's son? he wants FT for himself, if I recalled. since Laxus is back perhaps a family feud?

Timeskip's don't have to be for main character development this one is most likely for the development of the world since acnologia has been on the loose, or if it went back into hiding, what happened with the remnants of grimoire heart and others from the Balam Alliance.
    Or whatever else could have came up in that time.

To cross before he posts, if this would eventually end up as a time skip arc the only means for it to happen would be if it were limited to some event that occurs lets say once every 'x' amount of years that could possibly help with time travel, but otherwise if there were a time travel magic it wouldnt stop the dark guilds from going to and from the past to wreak havoc.

Well not only way but other ways would seem to lead way to misuse by Dark guilds. But anything could happen.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

I can see where some of you are getting at Mashima being original with this time skip and obviously it was meant for the change of the world. Acnologia wrecking havoc all over the place and Zeref too and so on. But still...why do I get the feeling this time skip sucks.

The last page was great.

Also, DAT EPIC COLORED ART!

i was looking forward for this search but that was way to fast.
    agree whit Daz bones, there was no explanation for why it to take 7 years, they been there probebly like 100 times to scearch before, why now?
    and now their gona kick this new guilds asses and find a way to get back in time.
    made by Zi Dawg