Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tobi IS Madara because of Izangi.

My thoughts are simple:

Madara split in two. Though not in the way you all are thinking. Everyone here seems to be enamored with the thought that Madara can suddenly split like Muu. Muu's ability is his own, and probably not copy-able. Else, we'd have seen other badass ninjas do it but alas, we have not.

That said, I do believe Madara split in two. Though again, not in the way you're thinking. Stop thinking about the Muu frames.

Madara split in two because he used Izangi. By split in two, I mean, he lost one of his EMS sharingan forever. By losing one, he lost his EMS, MS, and probably most his chakra. Madara used Izangi in the fight against Hashirama. Hasirama had him beaten, as evidence by history. Though, according to Tobi this was a façade, the true goal was to simply get Hashirama’s DNA. What we don't see is a killing blow. The only frame shown was one of Madara with several swords stuck in him. If, hypothetically, Hashirama left the battlefield before Madara was completely dead he could have used Izangi to save his life, but sealing 1/2 of his sharingan forever.. (or so he thought..)

The one flaw is that to use Izangi requires senju and uchiha blood. Well, we already know Madara managed to "steal" his DNA during his fight with Hashirama, so there is no doubt in my mind he could have used the technique.

When we were introduced to Izangi, we learned several things. First, that Tobi knew exactly what it was. How? Well wouldn't it be easy to recognize a technique you once used yourself? Secondly, the technique itself, and it's power. If you believe the technique was "created" for Danzou to use and burn-out-and-die-in-a-blaze-of-glory you are sorely mistaken. It was introduced as foreshadowing. It foreshadowed the technique used by the person who acknowledged it's existence and knew it by NAME.
    So who is Tobi? Tobi Is Madara. Tobi is the Madara that fought Hashirama, used Izangi to live, but lost most of his sharingan powers. He has extended his life by using Zetsu to become some-what immortal. Though it seems like it cost him even more of his humanity as he no longer bleeds.
    As weird as it is to say this, but Tobi is Madara’s insurance policy. Who better to make sure you get resurrected with the rinne tensei than yourself? I have no idea what Ressurected-Madara’s plans were for Tobi upon resurrection. Perhaps the Rinnegan (or the EMS from the resurrected Madara) have a power to combine souls?

Why was Tobi horrified when kabuto showed him Edo-Madara? Tobi was horrified because he was supposed to be given a true resurrection and not an Edo one. It was not because he was afraid that people would find out he wasn’t Madara. He IS Madara, he was upset because he did not want his one chance at regaining his “True Power” lost forever because Kabuto wanted to toy with him.

Edo Tensei (And, Rinne Tensei) bring back the user to their full original status. Meaning, dying and being Tensei'd was the only way for Madara to become "Whole," retreiving his blind Sharingan and restoring his EMS along with his Hashirama DNA making him the Sage of the Six Paths Reborn. Although, there is a difference here - a VERY VERY VERY important difference between the two resurrection techniques. Tobi AND Edo-Madara have BOTH stated that Rinne-Tensei ONLY was to be used ON or FOR him. You could argue, that if both would have restored his EMS, why didn't Madara just become Edo-Tensei'd back sooner? Well, he does not want to be controlled. Simple.

But how can you edo-tensei someone who isn't dead? I think Madara was a smart man. I believe (as someone here has already thought up as well) that Madara sealed his soul within his eyes. When he used Izangi, half his soul was "lost." Thus, allowing him to live, but also to later be resurrected and restored. Perhaps achieving EMS fuses your soul into your eyes as a by-product.

This post very much explains why Tobi refers to himself as Madara in the strange manner that he does. He is, and he isn’t. Rather, he is no longer what he was, and therefore, is

As Itachi Uchiha put it,
    “A shell of his former self.”

Interesting theory, however the part about Madara using Izangi during his fight with Hashirama isn't believable. Its impossible for someone to snatch an opponents DNA and implant it into themselves during a combat fight. I think using someone's DNA would be similar to how Kabuto implanted Orochimaru's arm. That just can't be done within combat, unless there was a pause in their fight.

I cant find the link, but when itachi 'found' Madara in the village, he had the long hair indicating that it was the true body of Madara that was in the village on that occasion - meaning that perhaps Tobi had not been created at that point.

The long haired Madara was also controlling the Mizukage, so if he used Izangi against the first and split himself, with one half dying then was tobi wearing a wig when he met itachi for the first time?
    Quote Originally Posted by [JUiCE] View Post
    The virginity is strong in this one.

Didn't Tobi use Izanagi during his fight with Konan?
    MY 2 CENTS
    Don't Judge Me -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    Oh great, another Tobi-Madara thread.
    i feel you bro lol

Quote Originally Posted by senju guy View Post
    i feel you bro lol
    OH praise the devil I feel it too!

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

*Blinks* okay, why did you have to make your own thread for this?
    Aggravate, Anger, and Piss off

Stick to the topic guys.

Clearly, as evidence by the gigantic growing non-brain version of Hashirama growing in Tobi's Basement, he did manage to successfully retrieve his DNA during his battle with him.

I understand you all are inundated with tobi-madara threads but I feel I've presented enough common sense from the manga here that it should, within a slim fraction of a doubt, convince you that Tobi is who he says he is.

According to naruto-pedia: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Izanagi

The ability to use Izangi does NOT require senju DNA. Rather, using senju DNA extends the amount of time it can be active before your eye shuts off. So, as a correction to my theory:

*Madara did not merge with Hashirama's DNA DURING the fight, rather, simply acquired it for use at a later date (hashirama zombie in his basement).