Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81
  1. #61
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    527
    Something just occured to me about why tobi wears a mask and cloak to begin with.

    It may not have anything to do with hiding his identity obviously now since madara is summoned it would be a good idea to keep his face hidden but before the kabuto summoned past kages(that know what madara looks likes) and madara himself people wouldnt know what madara looked like anyway his cover wouldnt be blown.

    So I'm thinking his great lengths to hide his face and body is to not allow the enemy see his physical weakness.

    I think like nagato he is damaged. Like all that "Im a shell of my former self" talk. Tobi himself dosent use much chakra in fights, you never see them do many jutsu or exhaust himself by using strong jutsu that you would expect from a villain.

    Also I think even if tobi takes his mask off we still may not know who the hell he is until madara/kabuto or himself reveals his name.

  2. #62
    Initiate
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Huddersfield, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1
    out of all these theorys i like the idea of the Elder Son, it seems the most legit from the sign of the first mask Tobi used, and as it progess's however i think you guys may be forgetting one important fact, Tobi's teleportation and demetrialise jutsu's surpass the previous hokage's, remember Minato "yellow flash" said when he encountered the first Masked Man when Naruto was born that the masked man (tobi) had higher form of teleportation jutsu than his, now keep that in mind ... you shouldn't be searching for links between Tobi and Madara or Tobi and Izuna ... Search for Links between people who learned and purified the Teleportion Jutsu or even the first to create it, if you hadn't of noticed thats really the only jutsu he ever uses, let alone the sharingan he has obtained.

    This is my simple eye opener, im no full expert but thinking outside the box is my normal.

  3. #63
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Andrew Hackin View Post
    out of all these theorys i like the idea of the Elder Son, it seems the most legit from the sign of the first mask Tobi used, and as it progess's however i think you guys may be forgetting one important fact, Tobi's teleportation and demetrialise jutsu's surpass the previous hokage's, remember Minato "yellow flash" said when he encountered the first Masked Man when Naruto was born that the masked man (tobi) had higher form of teleportation jutsu than his, now keep that in mind ... you shouldn't be searching for links between Tobi and Madara or Tobi and Izuna ... Search for Links between people who learned and purified the Teleportion Jutsu or even the first to create it, if you hadn't of noticed thats really the only jutsu he ever uses, let alone the sharingan he has obtained.

    This is my simple eye opener, im no full expert but thinking outside the box is my normal.
    Agreed,

    but the time space jutsu angle doenst get you far.

    We only know two other people that use time space jutsu.

    1) minato which he learned from the his wife being an uzumaki expert in seals which ftg is a seal tech.
    2)Tobirama, minato said he had advanced time space jutsu and that tobi st jutsu are even better than his.
    3) Obito's eye he gave to kahashi.

    So that leaves tobi relating to obito and tobirama. But they cant be either of them. Tobrama is sealed and obito is dead and tobi is much older to be obito. Obito is the same age has kahashi and Gai, being 28 years old. During fox attack obito would have been 11 years old.
    The Master's Legacy



    If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

  4. #64
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,934
    Psukkar,

    Honestly I have to go back to the Zetsu Clone theory, at least as a starting point. Obviously, Tobi's changing of body parts lends strong credence to him being a Zetsu Clone. Now what about the Bloodline limits thing. Well Kakashi doesn't have Uchiha blood, and he uses a Sharingan at MS level.

    For a Zetsu Clone to be able to use the Sharingan as effectively as Tobi, he must have either Hashirama's cells (like Danzou) or Uchiha genes, and we know that Zetsu Clones were made with Hashirama's cells so that requirement is fulfilled.

    Tobi has very intimate knowledge of Madara's life, AND he continues to speak as though he were Madara, even when talking to Kabuto who knows who/what he is. Tobi in my mind Has to be part Madara also.

    So:

    1) Tobi is Part Zetsu
    2) Tobi is Part Hashirama
    3) Tobi is Part Madara

    Add 1+2+3, AND:

    Tobi is the Shell of Madara's body that was Infused with Hashirama's cells, and he is Intermixed and Animated by Zetsu's abilities and Zetsu parts. Madara died, but continues to live on as Tobi. He has Madara's Memories and Chakra, and after Madara's soul departed his body, instead of him dieing he uses Hashirama's life force and Zetsu's abilities to keep himself "alive".

    This is why he knows everything that Madara knows, he has Madara's Jutsus and bloodline abilities, it is why he is a Shell of his former self, and why Nagato's Rinne Tensei was supposed to have been used for Him.


    PS, Madara could also have used Rinnegan Izanagi to pull it all together.
    Last edited by paulbee; 03-23-2012 at 04:31 PM.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  5. #65
    Senior Member Kenny Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Trondheim, Norway, Norway
    Posts
    259
    I noticed a few things when re-reading chapters 363 and newer. Firstly how when Deidara blows himself up and he takes Sasuke and Tobi with him. Notice how Zetsu doesn't really care? And at the end of the chapter, Tobi reveals himself as "Madara".

    Just something that doesn't make a lot of sense. I would have thought Zetsu would care if Tobi was killed? Pein also says that a man of Tobi's level is easy to aquire. Deidara was special though. Didn't Nagato at this point know who Tobi was? Didn't everyone at that point except Kisame?

  6. #66
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Bones View Post
    I noticed a few things when re-reading chapters 363 and newer. Firstly how when Deidara blows himself up and he takes Sasuke and Tobi with him. Notice how Zetsu doesn't really care? And at the end of the chapter, Tobi reveals himself as "Madara".

    Just something that doesn't make a lot of sense. I would have thought Zetsu would care if Tobi was killed? Pein also says that a man of Tobi's level is easy to aquire. Deidara was special though. Didn't Nagato at this point know who Tobi was? Didn't everyone at that point except Kisame?
    1) Nagato didn't know of Zetsu's connection to Tobi
    2) Nagato knew that Tobi was fine, but did not reveal this (unexpected) knowledge to the others
    3) Zetsu was doing the same thing as Nagato, he of course knew of Tobi's "Can't touch this defense"

    In any case, If Tobi-Madara were to actually die, I doubt that Zetsu would react much. I just don't think that half plant men have that much empathy or personality built into them.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  7. #67
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,429
    Tobi's personality is fairly different from Madara's. Aside from Tobi often acting more "goofy" than Madara so far, he also seems far less cocky. Tobi definitely talks down to everyone, but he only uses as much power as he absolutely needs to, and ends battles quickly. He didn't even risk joining the fight to capture Naruto/Bee, and instead chose to let his Paths do the work. Compare that to Edo Madara, who has constantly being showing off his techniques while toying with his opponents. What is more, Tobi doesn't care who he is, calling himself "no one"... the real Madara is far more self-absorbed than that.

  8. #68
    Senior Member paulbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Fargo, North Dakota USA
    Posts
    6,934
    Quote Originally Posted by Rlinfamous View Post
    Tobi's personality is fairly different from Madara's. Aside from Tobi often acting more "goofy" than Madara so far, he also seems far less cocky. Tobi definitely talks down to everyone, but he only uses as much power as he absolutely needs to, and ends battles quickly. He didn't even risk joining the fight to capture Naruto/Bee, and instead chose to let his Paths do the work. Compare that to Edo Madara, who has constantly being showing off his techniques while toying with his opponents. What is more, Tobi doesn't care who he is, calling himself "no one"... the real Madara is far more self-absorbed than that.
    Isn't Kishimoto an excellent writer?

    Tobi's Identity is just the most recent enduring riddle that he's dropped on Fans in this Manga, he leaves just enough clues to keep us guessing, but not enough to solidly nail it down.

    Famous, Tobi may not have Madara's personality, but he does seem to have Madara's Memories and Chakra. He is obviously Either a Chimera (based on an Uchiha), or a completely artificial being that's animated or Energized by Uchiha energies and/or Sharingan.

    I am not perfect and I defy you to prove otherwise
    Growing Old Gracefully is an Oxymoron ... Mostly Moron !

  9. #69
    Yesss... Rlinfamous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    River Falls, WI
    Posts
    3,429
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Isn't Kishimoto an excellent writer?

    Tobi's Identity is just the most recent enduring riddle that he's dropped on Fans in this Manga, he leaves just enough clues to keep us guessing, but not enough to solidly nail it down.

    Famous, Tobi may not have Madara's personality, but he does seem to have Madara's Memories and Chakra. He is obviously Either a Chimera (based on an Uchiha), or a completely artificial being that's animated or Energized by Uchiha energies and/or Sharingan.
    True. I bet that Tobi looks at himself as a "Better" Madara.

  10. #70
    Senior Member psukkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    527
    Quote Originally Posted by paulbee View Post
    Psukkar,

    Honestly I have to go back to the Zetsu Clone theory, at least as a starting point. Obviously, Tobi's changing of body parts lends strong credence to him being a Zetsu Clone. Now what about the Bloodline limits thing. Well Kakashi doesn't have Uchiha blood, and he uses a Sharingan at MS level.

    For a Zetsu Clone to be able to use the Sharingan as effectively as Tobi, he must have either Hashirama's cells (like Danzou) or Uchiha genes, and we know that Zetsu Clones were made with Hashirama's cells so that requirement is fulfilled.

    Tobi has very intimate knowledge of Madara's life, AND he continues to speak as though he were Madara, even when talking to Kabuto who knows who/what he is. Tobi in my mind Has to be part Madara also.

    So:

    1) Tobi is Part Zetsu
    2) Tobi is Part Hashirama
    3) Tobi is Part Madara

    Add 1+2+3, AND:

    Tobi is the Shell of Madara's body that was Infused with Hashirama's cells, and he is Intermixed and Animated by Zetsu's abilities and Zetsu parts. Madara died, but continues to live on as Tobi. He has Madara's Memories and Chakra, and after Madara's soul departed his body, instead of him dieing he uses Hashirama's life force and Zetsu's abilities to keep himself "alive".

    This is why he knows everything that Madara knows, he has Madara's Jutsus and bloodline abilities, it is why he is a Shell of his former self, and why Nagato's Rinne Tensei was supposed to have been used for Him.


    PS, Madara could also have used Rinnegan Izanagi to pull it all together.
    at the moment i feel in different couldnt careless anymore who tobi is. Would be nice to know but I feel kishi has dragged this on abit same with the "that jutsu" jiraiya and minato devised for naruto to use against the greater evil.

    I feel we may be disapointed given the hype for tobi idenys.

    im starting to see things ur way about the zetzu theroy. doubting its izuna after recent events
    Last edited by psukkar; 04-10-2012 at 01:50 PM.
    The Master's Legacy



    If a theory can't explain the mysteries of the past, it has little chance to explain the mysteries of the present and future.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •