4 26.67%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Awful

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    My biggest complaint about Fairy Tail is that no one dies even tho it's so clear that should die, it's annoying and deaths simply make the whole thing allot more interesting, doesn't have to bee one of the main characters but couldn't at least Hades have died? And I actually wanted to see Makarov die, it's his time and he have survived way to many times were he shouldn't have.
    Because fairy tail is an epitome of a "Shounen" manga. No one truly dies in a real "shounen" manga. Even antagonists live one way or another. Remember "Dragon Ball"? This manga is truly for boys. When I was a boy, I don't want main characters to die at all. It's kinda like "Power Rangers." Now if you have problem with characters not dying, then it means that you've grown up. I think Mashima is simply staying true to his core audience. Probably that's the reason how come some people have problem with the straightforward storytelling. This manga is meant to be read by boys.. 13, 14, 15 years old. So even though some fans have grown up, it still sticks to its target readers, Boys.
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    Because fairy tail is an epitome of a "Shounen" manga. No one truly dies in a real "shounen" manga. Even antagonists live one way or another. Remember "Dragon Ball"? This manga is truly for boys. When I was a boy, I don't want main characters to die at all. It's kinda like "Power Rangers." Now if you have problem with characters not dying, then it means that you've grown up. I think Mashima is simply staying true to his core audience. Probably that's the reason how come some people have problem with the straightforward storytelling. This manga is meant to be read by boys.. 13, 14, 15 years old. So even though some fans have grown up, it still sticks to its target readers, Boys.
    I know, I know. But what I would like to add is that I'm only 16 and started watching Fairy Tail while I was 15, and I can tell for sure that even a few years before that I would have wanted someone to die in order to mix things up a bit and make it more exciting. Now having that said, I actually noticed that this bugged(among so many other things) me while watching Pokèmon all over again, yes I'm THAT GUY. That got be two or three years ago I think. I have no problem with people surviving the craziest things, but when it's time to go, it's time to go.

I guess it might be a whole lot of these boys you talk about that watch the series, but it's hard to get an impression since the ones I talk to about it are you guys which I don't think consist of a group of "boys", and most of those able to understand it without it being translated to their own language are either older or Japanese(since it's originally Japanese and not translated to it).

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

Quote Originally Posted by Gaara Kazekage View Post
    My biggest complaint about Fairy Tail is that no one dies even tho it's so clear that should die, it's annoying and deaths simply make the whole thing allot more interesting, doesn't have to bee one of the main characters but couldn't at least Hades have died? And I actually wanted to see Makarov die, it's his time and he have survived way to many times were he shouldn't have.
    zancrow and asuma died and its kind of clear that hades is dead. so did Jellal but he was just brought back. i mean i get your point but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Monte.Teacher View Post
    Don't you think those super ecchi scenes are too mature for boys of 13,14 and 15...? I mean, Lucy and Cana together in a bath naked, along with other echhi moments that made me question the audience this manga was originally intended for. Oh yeah...I don't recall Dragon Ball having those super mega ecchi moments...then again they were edited before it reached NA.

Well, it's modern Japan now. When it comes to ecchi scenes, they're not that strict when it comes to those things, I guess that's just one of the paradoxes in Japan. hihi
    UNLEASH THE GREEN BEAST OF KONOHA

Quote Originally Posted by Rykimaruh View Post
    Don't you think those super ecchi scenes are too mature for boys of 13,14 and 15...? I mean, Lucy and Cana together in a bath naked, along with other echhi moments that made me question the audience this manga was originally intended for. Oh yeah...I don't recall Dragon Ball having those super mega ecchi moments...then again they were edited before it reached NA.
    Since you mention it, it turns out that the author really loves drawing hot girls with HUGE gazongas(and he's pretty good at it). Every girl in general in the serious is either seriously hot or cute.

Quote Originally Posted by cross777 View Post
    zancrow and asuma died and its kind of clear that hades is dead. so did Jellal but he was just brought back. i mean i get your point but still.
    I have believed that people died a few times before, but turned out to be wrong, if they actually did die, then now the first time, don't really see the reason to count Jellal since he wasn't really dead in my opinion.

Manga/Anime I read/have read/tried to read:
    Spoiler!

Water type

What chakra type are you?
    http://www.quizilla.com/quizzes/4038...lement-are-you

we actually saw zancrow die. and asuma to and Simon. hades was less clear but definitely implied. now if people die and get brought back that does not mean they did not die.
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lol at the people hating on the chapter but I won't blame them. It's really sad to know that some people including myself couldn't even recognize or know the names of other FT members. It would really feel shitty reading something you don't even know whose who.

As for the timing for the time skip, imo It was perfect. They have just defeated one of the strongest guild out there and their competition just went up from dark guilds to Zeref and Dragons. Of course they all need time to power up to face this type of opponents.
    i dont think zerif is necisisaraly evil any more just mad and he seems like he cherishis life and hates death now