• Average

4 26.67%
  • Bad

0 0%
  • Awful

1 6.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    just the first chpter of the new arc, geez wait a few chapters and then decide

Im with merciless here lol.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

lol im with merciless too.

The way I read it was that Blue P picked up energy signatures that were like Christinas, which idk how it relates to Tenrou island but maybe it means they found Hades ship? Also maybe Acnologia sent the group to the magic world or w/e it was that Hades was looking for. Its not confirmed whether or not Mavis saved the island, so he might not of and the dragon maybe sent them somewhere else? Black Dragon had to come from somewhere, my guess is the magic world they are looking for, and the FT group got somehow sent there
    A pie in the sky?

The Emperor of Everything dct21's Avatar
    this first chapter still sucked ballz. I should just drop it for a while and come back when theres more development.

Quote Originally Posted by daz bonez View Post
    god this time skip is stupid.....

The Straw hats have defeated Moriah! Let the cheering commence!

Oh hey theres Kuma
    *teleports everyone away*
    Luffy: I couldn't even -
    Kuma: Sorry, we're out of chapter. BOING

7 YEARS LATER AT SOME WEIRD BUBBLE ISLAND
    End chapter
    He tries to work the same formula Oda did and fails miserably.

It was a good chapter.

Why are people disappointed? Because Natsu and the guys didn't pop out of nowhere all of a sudden. Or did people wanted the mangaka to follow the crowd and do timeskips like we've seen already. Me I kind of like the whole idea of the timeskip being 7 years. Why? It let's the author come up with great ideas. Like why it took seven years to realize that the island isn't really gone. What really happened to the island (I already have an idea on that). How to make the island reappear again, if its not going to reappear on its own. What was going on in the magic world after acnologia "allegedly" destroy the island, I mean after the search for any survivors. More about the new guild we saw this chapter. More about the guild members that was left behind besides what we saw this chapter. I mean there's a lot more I can think of but you get the idea. Let the story develop more kids before the complaining starts. Practice patience people.

Manga reading list: Bleach, Naruto, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, One Piece, Code Breaker, Gamaran, Kuroko No Basket, Fairy Tail, The World God Only Knows, Kimi No Iru Machi, Good Ending, Medaka Box, Nisekoi, D.Gray-Man, Ao No Exorcist, Freezing, Magi - Labyrinth of Magic, Soul Eater, Rosario Vampire Season II, Iris Zero, Ubell Blatt, Bloody Cross, Sun-Ken Rock, and Infinite Stratos,

I think its because its a different formula altogether and you expecting it to end up like one pieces is the reason you are disappointed.
    Hey baby, wanna take a gander at some Adam West penis?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflame View Post
    what value does this timeskip have to the manga? It feels like we have to start all over again, the guild is turned to nothing, our main characters are gone for a while and we're being introduced to EVEN MORE new characters(or old ones totally different). I've been following this manga from the start but even i have trouble recognizing some of them.

This timeskip isn't doing the manga any good for now and i can see the casual fan totally not understanding it and stop following it. Did we really need these new characters? This manga seems to have so many secondary characters and they keep increasing... There won't be any time left to focus on the development of these characters at all,

for instance: i ADORE Marijane.. with all these characters being added how is there gonna be any time to keep track of these characters?

This manga always gave a feeling that things were moving fast, but now hiro is just pacing it wrongly for sure. He's not giving us any chance to keep track of a current situation, he just broke down most of the information about the world he was creating and that he's been giving his readers...

For example: the instance about macao saying romeo never smiled again? I really couldn't sympathise with that.. it gave me ZERO feeling of compassion or understanding. It feels like a dramatic moment that i couldn't care less about.
    A totally new world it is... :(
    New Characters? Nah the only people new in this chapter was those...whatever they were called the punks that were trying to collect on them. Something ogre I don't remember. But yeah all the FT members shown have been there since the very beginning. Just some are hard to recognize.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflame View Post
    First of all... i don´t like this timeskip. It feels way to soon. I was loving the idea of S-mage exams but it totally went to shit. He used such a great idea with a nice buildup, to something that's totally broken down by this timeskip.

-another thing was the 3 dark guilds, we've only met 2 of them now. The whole commen sense and the balance of power we were just getting an idea of has been distorted by this timeskip and is now totally different. He's been giving us information and explanations to something that's now non-existent anymore.

Which means, what i´m not getting most is:

what value does this timeskip have to the manga? It feels like we have to start all over again, the guild is turned to nothing, our main characters are gone for a while and we're being introduced to EVEN MORE new characters(or old ones totally different). I've been following this manga from the start but even i have trouble recognizing some of them.

This timeskip isn't doing the manga any good for now and i can see the casual fan totally not understanding it and stop following it. Did we really need these new characters? This manga seems to have so many secondary characters and they keep increasing... There won't be any time left to focus on the development of these characters at all,

for instance: i ADORE Marijane.. with all these characters being added how is there gonna be any time to keep track of these characters?

This manga always gave a feeling that things were moving fast, but now hiro is just pacing it wrongly for sure. He's not giving us any chance to keep track of a current situation, he just broke down most of the information about the world he was creating and that he's been giving his readers...

For example: the instance about macao saying romeo never smiled again? I really couldn't sympathise with that.. it gave me ZERO feeling of compassion or understanding. It feels like a dramatic moment that i couldn't care less about.
    A totally new world it is... :(
    Or maybe, he's just trying to troll us. Seeing how we come up with a reasonable predictions for next chapters/arcs...maybe he's like "U mad bro?" *troll face*

Us: "FFFFUUUUUU!!"

Joke aside, i believe he's trying to keep up with the other mainstream mangas like Naruto, One Piece and Bleach. They each had a timeskip at some point, One Piece being the last one to introduce I think...

If I had to guess how next chapters are, I think it will be the cliché "oh no Fairy Tail in trouble!"...BAM....kick ass heroes come back and take the glory...aaaaand then a whole lot of explanation as to what happened. For chapter 255, I'm sure the guild hops on BP's ship and then they witness Tenrou Island be like "omg! It can't be!" while crying a river of tears.

it has nothing to do with trying to keep up since fairy tail is already better than bleach. and has been knocking on the door of naruto for a while now.
    he has something big planned thats for sure if its a stright up time skip fine but i think he is going to pull something crazy. like i said there are plenty of possibilities where this could go. i really dont see why people are flipping out. some thing out of the blue will happen im sure this time skip is to odd not to have some type of twist. for example, he could bring them back but then send them back in time but not all the way back so there for still using a time skip or having a time arc but then a small time skip after this arc. there are like 20 different ways he could take this. no need to flip out about it yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by arisart View Post
    Lol, I bet you argue too much with cross. It's not really healthy you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Death View Post
    Hey stick to the topic, quit asking nonsense question about other series or if cross777 is thunder luffy which by the way have different IP addresses.... Next person that goes off topic will be infracted...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lollipop Candy ♥BAD♥ girl daz bonez's Avatar
    this first chapter still sucked ballz. I should just drop it for a while and come back when theres more development.

He tries to work the same formula Oda did and fails miserably.
    Just once, I'd like one arc to actually have an influence on another, but I don't think that's ever gonna happen. Think about this: After finishing the Tower of Heaven arc, I could have jumped straight to the Tenrou Island arc. All I would need to know is that Wendy and Gazelle joined, and that Lisanna is alive again.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFry View Post
    I think its because its a different formula altogether and you expecting it to end up like one pieces is the reason you are disappointed.
    i`m not expecting it to be like One Piece.it just sucks.

I see we're going the "teleported into the future" way. Of course they couldn't find the island, because it didn't exist until precisely 7 years later. Fairy Tail will be tasked with getting itself in order, and then getting back in time, thus rendering this all an incredibly pointless arc.

I have to give Mashima some grudging respect on some points.

First of all, the man clearly works hard. The art hasn't suffered even though he frequently does more pages than required. The art's pretty decent, too. The characters do, in fact, look older. Those sketches were a nice touch.

Second, the man is thankfully quite into his own series, he's passionate about his work, and he loves his characters (his main protagonists, at the very least).

The problem is that Mashima is just not a natural at proper storytelling. In fact I'd even say he's naturally bad at it.

Hey guys, let's all spontaneously weep and awkwardly exposit solely for the sake of the reader about a tragedy that happened 7 years ago, after a villain guild whose members have zero redeeming qualities kicks our shit. Just one chapter of that, and then at the end we get a bit of hope. Great build up there Mashima, one whole chapter.

Romeo hasn't smiled once in 7 years? You have got to be shitting me.

This has got to be the most bizarrely dysfunctional storytelling I've seen since BLEACH.

Mashima thinks we care about all the guild members just as much as he does, he thinks this would leave a huge impact on the reader. He is, unfortunately, quite mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by xioaxioa View Post
    Fisher Tiger is a punk ass bitch.

-----credit to Maximo for the kick ass ava----